Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria (49519 Views)

Dstv And Gotv To Broadcast Afrima Across Africa / Dstv Responds To A Customer Asking Why The Increase In Tariffs. (pics) / Gotv Increase In Price!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by thesicilian: 8:37pm On Nov 14, 2016
junkiesneverdie:
THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA WE LIKE PATRONIZING ANYTHING FOREIGN HITV WAS FRUSTRATED OUT OF NIGERIAN MARKET BECAUSE SOME POLITICIANS HAD SPECIAL INTEREST WITH MULTICHOICE
I still wonder what happened to HITV. A lot of us were really beginning to fall in love with them that period. They weren't performing at optimal level then sha, but by now they would have been operating at the level of DSTV if they hadn't gone out of business
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by thesicilian: 8:46pm On Nov 14, 2016
rigarmortis:

the tribalism faqctor bro, SLOK is doing well overseas, but here, the people will rather patronise foreign, and the government will stiffle the life out of what is left with unfavoRABLE POLICIES, innoson motors is there, but poeple who cant even buy a car, new or second hand will kill it, just beacuse its not from their place.

now, lets say Mr wale, a visionary, does something like dstv, but cheap, chiemeka from port harcourt will say....this guy na oily stuff abeg, no be my brother, i go pay double for dstv, all these fake ppl.

therefore obinna from enugu will overhear...and think....yes...na fake....see as dem treat my uncle for alaba...he wont patronise.

and the idea will gently die......ofcos the legislooters are natural dullards and wont see the need for competition via policies
You're right though, tribalism is a major impediment to our progress today as a nation. But our success with GLOBACOM (competing favorably with Etisalat, MTN, Airtel) and DANGOTE CEMENT (which is even now preferred to Lafarge and other multinational cement manufacturers) shows that if we put our mind to something, we can make it work.
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 14, 2016
most of you are not aware of why the slash. a new bouquet kweese TV was just launched and it is giving dstv serious concerns.
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by 0one(m): 9:31pm On Nov 14, 2016
Corruption is deep in the system... these people know the right things to do but won't bother, cuz they know Nigerians take whatever that is dished out to us.
thesicilian:
Is it by force to watch DSTV? I don't blame Multichoice. How can a nation as big as Nigeria not have its own digital satellite TV service to compete with DSTV? All we do is ship our currency abroad to purchase, without producing our own here.
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by Decryptor(m): 9:35pm On Nov 14, 2016
See as all of una dey complain de abuse DSTv...but when they icrease, una go still rush go pay! Nigerians are the MAIN CAUSE OF THEIR WOES!

2 Likes

Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by favouryemmy: 9:41pm On Nov 14, 2016
I dumped DSTV for long. Though, I'm using GOTV, I will also dump it if they increase the price unnecessarily. Mi o raye iranu!
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by MosD: 9:47pm On Nov 14, 2016
Do people still patronize those cheat besides football centre? Startimes rocks abeg
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by pheesayor(m): 9:51pm On Nov 14, 2016
thesicilian:
Is it by force to watch DSTV? I don't blame Multichoice. How can a nation as big as Nigeria not have its own digital satellite TV service to compete with DSTV? All we do is ship our currency abroad to purchase, without producing our own here.

There's startimes/starsat, consat and some other Nigerian alternatives
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by phinter: 9:52pm On Nov 14, 2016
Our leaders don't give a hoot about this country. Truth is, these companies react to how a country's government is. In an ideal society, they wont try this but Nigeria isnt an ideal society. They know they can do it and get away with it without any hassle. So why not? Our leaders sorry rulers don't care if this country burns to the ground. Their kids have dual citizenship and enough money to run away when any issue arises.
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by flyforall: 10:23pm On Nov 14, 2016
I have talk it more than once
Give them SA must go
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by Emassive(m): 11:14pm On Nov 14, 2016
My DSTV subscription went off since April 2014 and I will never ever Subscribe because that was when they decided to increase it from 10800+ to about 12k or so. I went and installed QSAT that has most Ghana''s indigenous stations with other private ones of upto 35 Including Startimes Max channel all for free. They sell the decoder at alaba if you already have a DSTV dish at home. I was on Premium since I got married in 2012 but have been subscribing as a bachelor for years before. Right now I have saved up so much that I can channel the Subscription fee into food item/drinks. Ask you dstv installer guy for that Qsat and they will help u. New movies and lots of programs and music
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 15, 2016
NCC! Do the needful and fine them just like MTN grin
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:02am On Nov 16, 2016
numericalguy:

I always wonder why we have to pay so much for such services when we have the so large a population.
Vandalism is rare in Botswana.
Electricity is cheap and reliable in Kenya
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by beeodun24: 3:03pm On May 31, 2020
I keep saying, that our anger is directed at the wrong party. The increase in DStv tariff, is as a result of the 2.5% hike in VAT by the government. MultiChoice took up the responsibility of paying this % on behalf of its subscribers for 4months just to avoid this same issue people are raising now. I didn’t seen any Nigerian business/company that didn’t implement the 7.5% VAT since February when it took effect.

The country is tough, and it’s taking its toll on businesses, so maybe we should also appeal to the government to revert back to 5% VAT rate, which we know will never happen.

The cost of food stuff have increased tremendously, does that mean we have stopped eating?
Please let’s be realistic. If you have a business that is beginning to suffer and the only solution is to review your cost, won’t you take that decision? At least, there are other options your customers can choose from.

However, the new bouquets in fairness to MultiChoice, were announced last year November. No one saw the world being in the situation it is now. If they did, they won’t spend an hefty sum in buying contents much less providing new bouquets.
And this new bouquets honestly offer more in terms of movies, news and general entertainment. I know this because they made available a two week test run in December for their subscribers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: Oge Iloh Blasts Ella & Kim For Exposing Tacha's Body Odour (pics) / BBNaija: The Kiss Between Bambam And Teddy A / Bbnaija: Khafi Wants To Be Evicted On Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.