Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,317 members, 7,867,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 05:18 AM

Women Who Made History…today - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Women Who Made History…today (213 Views)

How An ABSU Professor Made History In An Exam Hall. / Women Who Made History…today / Women Who Made History…today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Women Who Made History…today by VirtueDigest: 3:06pm On Nov 14, 2016
Nov 14, Sara Lister, assistant secretary of the Army for manpower and reserve affairs, resigned in the wake of political pressure after she called Marines "extremists" and mocked their uniforms as "checkerboard fancy."
Nov 14, Nancy Pelosi became the 1st woman to lead a party in the US Congress after Democrats voted 177-29 in support of the liberal from SF. Robert Menendez of New Jersey was elected as caucus chairman, the highest post ever held by an Hispanic
Nov 14, A Saudi court sentenced a woman (19) who had been gang raped to six months in jail and 200 lashes, more than doubling her initial penalty for being in the car of a man who was not a relative. The court also roughly doubled prison sentences for the seven men convicted of raping the woman. Their new sentences range from two to nine years. The court also banned the lawyer from defending her, confiscated his license to practice law and summoned him to a disciplinary hearing later this month.

Nov 14, The US Army promoted its first woman, Ann Dunwoody, to the rank of four-star general.

Nov 14, Jane M. Byrne (b.1934), Chicago’s 1st woman mayor (1979-1983), died. In 1994 she authored “My Chicago."

(1) (Reply)

FUNAAB Releases Admission List 2016/2017 / Pinma Launch Series 1 / How Do I Write,copy,and Paste Equations From Latex To My Blog?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.