Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,825 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Spate Of Armed Robbery In Ibadan Is Worriesome - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Spate Of Armed Robbery In Ibadan Is Worriesome (642 Views)

Army Flags Off ‘Exercise Sahel Sanity’ To Stop The Current Spate Of Banditry / Drug Baron And Leader Of Armed Robbery Gang Arrested By SARS Operatives. Photo / Photos Of Armed Robbers Arrested By Oyo State Police & Weapons Recovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spate Of Armed Robbery In Ibadan Is Worriesome by ojuolu(m): 8:14am On Nov 15, 2016
As we turned into November two weeks ago, i thought in my mind that this year has been relatively peaceful in term of crimes and violence in my beloved city of Ibadan, the capital of Oyo state. In the past years, i have had my fair share of robbery incidences. I have been robbed thrice between 2008 and 2013. I have lost belongings ranging from mobile devices to vehicle to the men of the underworld in the same city of Ibadan. Funny enough, i was really not bothered about these until now.
Like a well crafted project, the men of the underworld seems to have commence "operation end of the year" in Ibadan starting from the beginning of this month. Places like Iwo road, Olodo, Adewunmi Village (along Ibadan- Iwo road),Ojo Express, had been visited in the the past few days. In fact, it is fast become a daily occurrence now. Tinubu Layout in Monatan area of the ancient town was the point of call yesterday. During these visits, residents were usually dispossessed of their valuables, injured and beaten mercilessly. The strange thing about all these is that we have a police force who are suppose to be policing the city and we have a governor who said security is one of the main thrust of his administration. Right under their noses, these criminals are having field day. Communities have tried to mount resistance through gates and barricades, but it seems as if their efforts are not enough. I wish to appeal to the Governor, the Nigerian Police and all law enforcement agencies to help restore peace and sanity to these once "peaceful" city especially at this ember period.

(1) (Reply)

Boy Gets Nabbed By Street Robbers In Broad Daylight / Photos: Young Nigerian Man Reportedly Shot Dead By Robbers - A Friend / Indian Police Cry Out For Not Being Able To Unlock Phone Of A Nigerian Marijuana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.