Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Indian Woman Takes The Gun To The Streets To Get Justice For Rape Victims PHOTOS - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Indian Woman Takes The Gun To The Streets To Get Justice For Rape Victims PHOTOS (1425 Views)

Nigerians Protest Against Rape, Demand Justice For Uwa & Other Victims (Photos) / Zambian Woman Takes Selfie With Her Half Dead Husband, Sends It To Her Boyfriend / Evans Leads Police To Houses Where He Keeps His Victims (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indian Woman Takes The Gun To The Streets To Get Justice For Rape Victims PHOTOS by DifferentBoy1(m): 1:24pm On Nov 15, 2016
An Indian woman, Shahana Begum, determined to take on rapists in her village, takes to the streets the gun in hand. Begum reportedly forced many men to marry their victims and others to confess to the police.

The 42-year-old patrols her village with the shotgun. Whenever she hears of any rape case, she does not wait for the police to intervene, she acts herself, armed and ready to get justice.

Re: Indian Woman Takes The Gun To The Streets To Get Justice For Rape Victims PHOTOS by DifferentBoy1(m): 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2016
The villagers call her the Aunt With a Gun. She lost her husband 17 years ago and she got a shotgun out of fear that she will be assaulted. “My gun is now my second husband,” she said.

Many girls who have been raped prefer to report to Begum who is able to force the rapist to marry their victims, which is considered a fair outcome in their society.

Due to her efforts, incidents of sexual assaults have reduced in her village.

Re: Indian Woman Takes The Gun To The Streets To Get Justice For Rape Victims PHOTOS by DifferentBoy1(m): 1:26pm On Nov 15, 2016
She had never had to use her weapon before but she is prepared to. “I know that if I have to shoot someone it’s because they’ve done something dreadful to a woman,” she said.

Now she goes to other towns to get justice. Many believe she is better than the police. She is direct, no-nonsense and passionate.

“I will fight for the protection of women until my last breath,” she says.

https://www.naij.com/1046199-armed-ready-indian-woman-takes-streets-gun-get-justice-rape-victims.html
Re: Indian Woman Takes The Gun To The Streets To Get Justice For Rape Victims PHOTOS by dukechilezie(m): 2:14pm On Nov 15, 2016
b

(1) (Reply)

Thief Caught Stealing In Oranfe Quarters Today / Nigerians In Ghana Prisons / HAPPENING LIVE!!! Lagos On Fire As Billionaire Kidnapper, Evans, Wins His First

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.