Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,433 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' (2121 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Watching Nigeria Vs Morocco Match (Photo) / Photo Of El-Rufai Kneeling Before Atiku Dug Up By Nigerians For Attacking Atiku / Atiku Haunted By His Corruption Demons - By: Nasir El-rufai - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by JumiR: 4:25pm On Nov 15, 2016
This statement is issued in response to the latest falsehoods to emerge from Alhaji Atiku Abubukar. He has a record of spewing outright lies and innuendo against my person. As we struggle to build a law-abiding society and secure progressive outcomes for our people, we cannot allow the triumph on these shores of those who will have us move to a post-factual world. Not even from a man as practiced as Alhaji Atiku is in the dark arts of damaging other people through a campaign of lies from him and his media machine.Therefore, I am constrained to provide a response to the fake news and irresponsible revision of recent history by Alhaji Atiku.

I never had anything to do with the incorporation of Transcorp. Those that established that company and fronted it like Festus Odimegwu, Tony Elumelu, Otunba Lawal Solarin and Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke are still around and alive. As such I could not have and did not offer Alhaji Atiku any shares in Transcorp. I declined the shares that were offered to me. Having done that, how could I have offered anyone shares?
In fact, I advised President Olusegun Obasanjo, Alhaji Atiku and then finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala not to accept the shares that were then being offered by the promoters of Transcorp. My counsel to them was based on the grounds that they would face conflicts of interest when Transcorp bids for privatization assets. At the time Alhaji Atiku and Ngozi were chair and vice-chair of the National council on Privatization, and were particularly directly involved in approving the sales of state-owned enterprises and assets.It is too late in the day to try to pretend that the fiasco concerning the attempt by then Senators Ibrahim Mantu and Jonathan Zwingina to extort money from me for Senate clearance never happened. All Alhaji Atiku has just done is confirm that he paid the Senators, as I revealed in Page 139 of my book.

When I published The Accidental Public Servant in 2013, Alhaji Atiku unleashed his media team in a campaign of vilification. Despite the viciousness of the attacks, they did not contest or explain away his shenanigans that were detailed in the book, from the Ericsson manoeuvre, to the Abuja water treatment plant contract and his obsession with marabouts and their assurances of the political big prize.He might also consider a full reckoning for what he and his acolytes did with public funds in the PTDF imbroglio, rather than indulging the usual bold face of the Nigerian big-man.As a federal public servant, my oath of allegiance appropriately stood with the Federal Republic of Nigeria, not the big men whose conduct I was privileged to witness at close quarters. People like Alhaji Atiku think that loyalty to them should be the goal of a public officer, and that it should trump the oath of allegiance to the country.

Alhaji Atiku is already running for 2019, and he thinks that he can make people like us collateral damage in his attempt to rejuvenate his image. This obsession for power inclined him to support the rebellion against the party that manifested in the National Assembly, and is continuing with obvious disrespect for the incumbent president. Everyone knows that I support and will continue to work for the success of President Muhammadu Buhari as he leads our country through tough times.Like everyone else, Alhaji Atiku is entitled to rehabilitation. But that often requires coming clean with the people. Can Alhaji Atiku explain the findings in the report of the United States Senate Permanent Sub-Committee on Investigations which detailed a pattern of wire transfers of more than USD 40m from offshore companies like Siemens into bank accounts controlled by him and one of his wives. The report detailing the US Senate findings is online, as one of four case histories of foreign corruption in the USA. Alhaji Atiku should tell a better tale of why he is avoiding the United States of America.Someone as obsessed with Nigeria’s presidency as he is, should clear up such matters conclusively. We wait to see how well he does with that.

Signed
Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai
15th November 2016

http://dawntodusknews.com/gov-nasir-el-rufai-bombs-atiku-abubakar-youre-haunted-corruption-demons/

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2016
Battle for supremacy
Re: Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by stsinner: 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2016
And the drama has just begun. Madam,please hurry up with my popcorn.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by BiafranBushBoy: 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2016
Seriously, I have nothing to comment. I typed this to make sure that all the alphabets of my keypads are functioning properly.

Research has shown that you can't click like on posts like this...

You think I am lying??

Try clicking like and see the next thing that will happen...!!

2 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by ojun50(m): 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2016
D talk talk jst too much
he is corrupt simple

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by general111(m): 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
Man allow us peace jorh.me don tire for this we nation.

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by Yorubasgreat(f): 5:05pm On Nov 15, 2016
Two criminals practicing eye-poking..

I like it!

3 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by mej67: 5:14pm On Nov 15, 2016
See epic shading.

They've started to fight amongst themselves. Good for democracy. Now the real gist is surfacing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by frankyychiji(f): 5:32pm On Nov 15, 2016
Hell Rufai shataaap! Kettle calling pot black! The oil money you are eating has bleached your lips while the oil bloated the other's stomach! Awon werey...

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by Oxenomy: 5:34pm On Nov 15, 2016
This idiotic criminals should stop disturbing our peace.. We are in recession already and it's too much for us to bear..

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by dra1987(m): 5:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
U and i knows that there is no any free corrupt polician in this country all are corrupt,and they know that even they keep exposing their self nothing would happen.

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by perfectwazobia1: 6:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
If the table turns tomorrow thesame El-Rufai will tell us Atiku is an angel who never stole a Kobo. Who have offended to deserve these kind of leaders
Re: Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by UltimatedeBest(m): 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2016
The scrambling for 2019 presidency has just begun. Two of u will never have a chance
Re: Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
The Midget has started insulting men that can finish his career as a politician.

He just ran out to defend himself, only few men like GEJ can just smile and move on when accused wrongly.

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by tafrica(m): 8:10pm On Nov 15, 2016
No party has ever been divided amidst its members than APC.
No party has divided Nigerians along religious and tribal lines more than APC.

APC, through its lust for power, has subjected Nigeria to perpetual crisis, both national and intra-party, which has put Nigeria in a state of anarchy and directionless governance.

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by id911(m): 11:49pm On Nov 15, 2016
Tho...
Re: Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by agabusta: 1:08am On Nov 16, 2016
This Atiku better go and enjoy his loot in peace. All this roforofo fight will only make him lose the little respect he garnered in 2015.

Any attempt to contest, Obj will unleash his lieutenants on him.

And one disadvantage to Atiku is that indeed he has lots of dirts, and Obj lieutenants have these facts and are smart folks.
Re: Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by rose54321: 1:17am On Nov 16, 2016
Both are contesting for 2019.

It's been clear for a while that El rufai is interested in the number 1 position, Atiku's interest is no News.

I don't see Buhari letting go of power that easily, after struggling 4 times, it's unlikely he will serve one term. If in the unlikely event he does, he would like someone like El Rufai.

Personally, I have nothing against the mallam, I just dislike his eye service with Buhari,a true friend should correct and not encourage bad behavior, He has failed in this regard.

Atiku on the other hand is gradually winning our interest, with his support for regionalism and a form of decentralization.

We will see how it goes sha.
Re: Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by NaijaEfcc: 1:52am On Nov 16, 2016
how come this is not on front page yet?
Re: Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by Nobody: 5:41am On Nov 16, 2016
rose54321:
Both are contesting for 2019.

It's been clear for a while that El rufai is interested in the number 1 position, Atiku's interest is no News.

I don't see Buhari letting go of power that easily, after struggling 4 times, it's unlikely he will serve one term. If in the unlikely event he does, he would like someone like El Rufai.

Personally, I have nothing against the mallam, I just dislike his eye service with Buhari,a true friend should correct and not encourage bad behavior, He has failed in this regard.

Atiku on the other hand is gradually winning our interest, with his support for regionalism and a form of decentralization.

We will see how it goes sha.
As you rightly said, El-rufai has never hidden his interest in the nation's number job. He fell out with Obasanjo when the Owu chief chose Ya'ardua ahead of him as his successor. I don't think he has achieved much as the governor of Kaduna state to merit such elevation in 2019. Atiku, on the other hand, seems well suited for the job. He is a vastly experienced politician whose political clout cuts across the nation. The fact that he has been discussing issues germane to the growth of the nation makes his candidacy an exciting prospect. A joint ticket with Godswill Akpabio will catapult him to Aso-rock. We should expect more verbal fireworks in the months ahead.
Re: Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by drss2(m): 8:22am On Nov 16, 2016
oh ye pipul of nigeria, do not be put off by el-roofile's vile on atiku for cos wen atiku is elected president 2morow, el-roofile will praise him with his mouth. e-roofile's double mouth will bring him no honor. double mouth man is a man with no honor.
Re: Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons' by 7lives: 8:49am On Nov 16, 2016
agabusta:
This Atiku better go and enjoy his loot in peace. All this roforofo fight will only make him lose the little respect he garnered in 2015.

Any attempt to contest, Obj will unleash his lieutenants on him.

And one disadvantage to Atiku is that indeed he has lots of dirts, and Obj lieutenants have these facts and are smart folks.

Atiku na wash, did anyone here knows what happened to 1004 in Lagos?, let him come out again to contest and see what will happen to him.

(1) (Reply)

EFFC Comes For Reno Omokri For His Tweets / Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan / Lady Shares Racy Bedroom Photos With Her White Lover Touching Her Breast (+18)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.