Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,045 members, 7,956,891 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:43 PM

Wonders Shall Never End, Is This How Pmb Is Fighting Corruption? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Wonders Shall Never End, Is This How Pmb Is Fighting Corruption? (638 Views)

Drone Shots And Photos Of Covenant University CU! Architectural Wonders!! / My Medical School Experience- The Fighting Spirit / Two IMSU Lecturers Fighting Over Who To Use A Class (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wonders Shall Never End, Is This How Pmb Is Fighting Corruption? by savictory2(m): 8:09pm On Nov 15, 2016
It was early last month I took my children, three of them to government own school. Two of them to been admitted to primary school while the other one should be admitted in secondary school. I was asked to pay over #13000 for the one in primary school and the one secondary school was over #7000. When I asked what the money met for, they told me that #2000 is for chair and #700 for admission, while the school uniform was #2900 plus passport. We were also made to buy soap like big mama-lemon cutlass and two brooms.
Now this is problem. Could believe that one child came back from school this afternoon and told me that governments official visited their school today and before know what happened some of teachers came to their class and informed them that if the government's official asked them if they pay any money they should answer No. And that any student who answer otherwise will be expel.

What do you have to say on this?
I live in Sapele delta State Nigeria.

Is not that I'm trying to implicate any body but I just want you people to know what parents are going through...
When government says things are free, the principal and the teachers will always do otherwise.
Re: Wonders Shall Never End, Is This How Pmb Is Fighting Corruption? by micfoley: 8:19pm On Nov 15, 2016
What's the name of the school.
Re: Wonders Shall Never End, Is This How Pmb Is Fighting Corruption? by firstking01(m): 8:43pm On Nov 15, 2016
Samething happened to me while i was in secondary school.
Re: Wonders Shall Never End, Is This How Pmb Is Fighting Corruption? by AK6464(m): 9:11pm On Nov 15, 2016
Choi
Re: Wonders Shall Never End, Is This How Pmb Is Fighting Corruption? by savictory2(m): 10:27pm On Nov 15, 2016
Will I not being implicating the principal?
micfoley:
What's the name of the school.
Re: Wonders Shall Never End, Is This How Pmb Is Fighting Corruption? by savictory2(m): 10:30pm On Nov 15, 2016
Just too bad
firstking01:
Samething happened to me while i was in secondary school.
Re: Wonders Shall Never End, Is This How Pmb Is Fighting Corruption? by Deyrinsolar(f): 11:03pm On Nov 15, 2016
Am nt trying to defend the school but i attended a public school and the fees we paid was meant to pay the teacher, cos most times government do not provide enough teacher so the school had to employ from her own pocket, we call them pta teacher cos they are nt paid by the government bt through the fees we paid
Re: Wonders Shall Never End, Is This How Pmb Is Fighting Corruption? by savictory2(m): 11:42pm On Nov 15, 2016
Deyrinsolar:
Am nt trying to defend the school but i attended a public school and the fees we paid was meant to pay the teacher, cos most times government do not provide enough teacher so the school had to employ from her own pocket, we call them pta teacher cos they are nt paid by the government bt through the fees we paid
I think that is what they doing here. If what you said is true state things they will be afraid or nervous when the government,s officials visited.
In addition, do you know that the chairs the parents were made to pay #2000 each for were actually brought by the government? The principal will tell you, parent you buy chair for child #6000 three families will join together.
I can still remember when I was in secondary school, if the need arose for more teachers the principal normally called parents for discussion and amount they will required of them. And not during admission to begin exploits parents.

(1) (Reply)

Lasu Released Admission List For Second Round Screening / Tuition Free Scholarships for Online Courses at University of the People / About Lagos State University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.