Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate (16911 Views)

12 States Owe Salaries Despite Bailout Funds From FG / Budget Padding: Dogara Talks Tough, Says EFCC, Others Can’t Probe Him / Why We Can’t Probe Dogara, Others – House Ethics Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by zlantanfan: 9:02am On Nov 16, 2016
d
Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by omonnakoda: 9:04am On Nov 16, 2016
ayindejimmy:

Bailout fund is not State allocation
That is the terms and conditions
Says who .Terms and conditions? Where does the FG get power to disburse such money? The FG cannot impose any terms and conditions outside of the constitution. To the best of my knowledge the money is a loan from the CBN. Even if it were a loan from the FG that would not give the senate NEW powers. Any loan would be bound by a contract which of course must be lawful and constitutional. The bailout would have to fall into some kind of category and in this case it is a "LOAN" like ANY OTHER LOAN this time guaranteed against future allocations.

If there are any so called terms and conditions they must be documented SOMEWHERE. or is it a secret? Enforcement of such terms if they exist is a matter for the CBN

Finally the senators want to embark on a jamboree visiting states ,How much will such travels cost. This task if at all necessary is a technical one,more within the purview of an accountant and does not need meaningless senatorial visits but qualified accountants.

The issue is this.Even if the Senate finds that the money has been diverted,WHAT CAN THEY DO

The answer is ,NOTHING!!. So they will end up spending so much money to confirm what we already know then what next?

2 Likes

Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by kinibigdeal(m): 9:04am On Nov 16, 2016
I wouldnt be surprised if no Northern state's is among the state to be probed.
Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by CecyAdrian(f): 9:04am On Nov 16, 2016
ceeethru:
This is to show governors are the may cause of poverty on Nigeria, they are hiding under immunity to defraud federal government allocation, they seize workers salaries and get their own salary, the rule with impunity, they are criminals in power, when EFCC probes them they attack buhari for witch hunting, and some fools who can not eat three square meal a day right from Jonathan regime will still support them. Governors like Fayose is one of the reasons we are in this recession not buhari hoha, they collect security votes which I think should be scrapped from the constitution.

You couldn't have said better, plain truth...but wait to see eat those fools will say
Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by CecyAdrian(f): 9:05am On Nov 16, 2016
kinibigdeal:

You are part of Nigeria's problem
Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by kinibigdeal(m): 9:09am On Nov 16, 2016
It depend's on your assertive codswallop
CecyAdrian:

You are part of Nigeria's problem
Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 16, 2016
This crook again?

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by ceo12: 9:11am On Nov 16, 2016
I wonder how Nigeria will get beta, when some people here are backing the governor's for diverting money given to them to pay their workers. Some fools will be claiming constitutional guru. When their comments makes them look foolish and stupid

3 Likes

Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by VERDA: 9:15am On Nov 16, 2016
ceeethru:
This is to show governors are the may cause of poverty on Nigeria, they are hiding under immunity to defraud federal government allocation, they seize workers salaries and get their own salary, the rule with impunity, they are criminals in power, when EFCC probes them they attack buhari for witch hunting, and some fools who can not eat three square meal a day right from Jonathan regime will still support them. Governors like Fayose is one of the reasons we are in this recession not buhari hoha, they collect security votes which I think should be scrapped from the constitution.

While i agree totally with ur assertion on the role of governors on the deplorable state of our country,let's try not to get all sentimental about the issue,the question remains,is the action of the senate supported by the constitution of the republic?.

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by kolaaderin: 9:15am On Nov 16, 2016
cyberguy72:
The Useless Senators Should also Probe Aregbe Rascal,Oshio-worwor and all other thieving APC Governors Nonesense

Can't u read, its stated that all states benefited from bail out would be probed. The objective of the bail out is to pay salary and nothing else, and the FG reserve the right to probe how it was used and its even parts of term and conditions as signed by the various governors involved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by oyoofong(m): 9:19am On Nov 16, 2016
This guy,surely knows his JD(JOB DESCRIPTION}No dulling.Not a learner.
Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by basty: 9:20am On Nov 16, 2016
cyberguy72:
The Useless Senators Should also Probe Aregbe Rascal,Oshio-worwor and all other thieving APC Governors Nonesense

She you get sense sha?

Say anything to counter this and I break your head.
Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by Ziggyblaze: 9:21am On Nov 16, 2016
Mr man whether loan or not, d bail out funds is meant to pay salaries owed not chop i chop. wen will nigerians wake up and stop supporting pple deceiving u
Kachimsicho:
Was there an agreement on what to actually use the fund for? And was it agreed that FG will verify the expenses(accounts) thereafter.
As far as rule of law is concerned, they have no right to oversee any state expenses. Mind you, the bailout fund will still be deducted from their allocation just like a loan, so don't think FG is giving them for free.

It is actually left for the concerned states to decide what they want, so if Ekiti insists they want to follow the rule, the FG should let them be.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by BlackMbakara1(m): 9:29am On Nov 16, 2016
kernel504:
What a nation! How can the national assembly oversight over the spending of a state, when there is a state assembly?

Buhari, will grind the economy of Nigeria to a halt with all these impunity.

Is Buhari now in charge of the legislative arm of government?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 16, 2016
kernel504:
What a nation! How can the national assembly oversight over the spending of a state, when there is a state assembly?

so Buhari also controls national assembly.

Where is your brain? You can't tell me your head is filled with air. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by melodyogonna(m): 9:51am On Nov 16, 2016
Mjshexy:
After using the people's money to play bet & away matches, i just pity this guy because what awaits him is totally out of this world... grin
do you mind giving us hint of what awaits him?
Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by cyberguy72(m): 9:53am On Nov 16, 2016
basty:

She you get sense sha?

Say anything to counter this and I break your head.
Ur Fada yansh!.... idiot
Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by justmenoni: 10:00am On Nov 16, 2016
don't ?

read your sentence out to yourself and see if it makes any sense, i pity you and those dashing you Likes.

alizma:
hahahahaha, fayose don't use ekiti state bail out carry market women finish.
Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by defash8: 10:05am On Nov 16, 2016
This is what we are talking about, putting cart before the horse. Buhari opened our vaults to these govs without terms & condition. He acted solely without NASS but here we are getting to know most govs diverted the bailout. You cannot change the rule of the game when it is on. We need to move on, Fayose response is on point & FGN should always do the right thing including the senate. Disbursing bailout without Senate approval is an impeachable offence committed by Buhari. The Senate need to query why such fund was released without terms & conditions, no control. It is pathetic.

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by Semper247(m): 10:06am On Nov 16, 2016
kernel504:

Is federal allocation state fund?... The center government has no jurisdiction oversighting the spending of state, state assembly does.

I just dey look u since as u dey yarn rubbish.

Am sure ur folks are not among those civil servants on whose behalf the bailout was granted yet denied salaries.

Senseless people like u will be in another state talking trash because of ur stupid hatred for the president.

So when did accountability become alien to u people? Are u guys cursed beyond repair? Is ekiti state the only state being investigated? Why the jittery if he has nothing to hide.

The stupid commissioner of justice said the power of oversight is with the state assembly..... The same assembly that has been pocketed by the governor .people are suffering and foolish people like u are ardent supporters of evil...

Thunder and lightning that will deal with u are on dry fasting.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by tonquendo4u(m): 10:13am On Nov 16, 2016
Then what is d state assembly for?.Dont they know federalism?
Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by sweetgala(m): 10:23am On Nov 16, 2016
olasmith10:
This is a political example of "Monkey deh work, Baboon deh chop....Moreover, a clear conscience fears no accusations, The restraints exhibited by Ekiti is due to nothing else but large misappropriation of the bail out funds, if not, we could as well spared this long epistle largely supported by this "corruption- friendly constitution"

Was there not a clause in the bailout how funds would be spent , I remember Kemi Adeosun alluding to the ideas the state's books would be audited as a precursor to receiving the bailout

Fayose is a rat playing in a cat's den he'll sure get eaten sooner or later

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by sweetgala(m): 10:28am On Nov 16, 2016
kernel504:

It was a federal bailout which was appropriated by the said Senate therefore it is different to state monthly allocations.

Fayose has misappropriated the money and is now looking for an excuse. There was a clause in the bailout for states to have their books audited and accessible to the ministry of finance

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by sweetgala(m): 10:29am On Nov 16, 2016
kernel504:

Is federal allocation state fund?... The center government has no jurisdiction oversighting the spending of state, state assembly does.

The bailout was appropriated by the Senate. It was a federal loan and the clause clearly stated the state's books would be open to federal audit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by sweetgala(m): 10:30am On Nov 16, 2016
cyberguy72:

Those states have open books the issue here is the desire by Fayose to hide his criminal misappropriation of a federal loan

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by sweetgala(m): 10:33am On Nov 16, 2016
Kachimsicho:
Was there an agreement on what to actually use the fund for? And was it agreed that FG will verify the expenses(accounts) thereafter.
As far as rule of law is concerned, they have no right to oversee any state expenses. Mind you, the bailout fund will still be deducted from their allocation just like a loan, so don't think FG is giving them for free.

It is actually left for the concerned states to decide what they want, so if Ekiti insists they want to follow the rule, the FG should let them be.

the answer to your first paragraph is yes

There was clause for the books to be open to senate and ministry of finance audit , there were also a list of reoccurent expenditure the bailout could not be used to relieve. The main purpose was to clear salary arrears and contractors .
Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by sweetgala(m): 10:35am On Nov 16, 2016
Empredboy:
is the money a lone or grant? If it's a grant then either constitution or not the spending must be followed. Was the bailout constitutional? From which account is bailout fund coming from? Federation account or contingency account?

It was a CBN loan from FG purse
Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by sweetgala(m): 10:38am On Nov 16, 2016
kinibigdeal:

Zamfara is one of such states please when you know nothing just shut your dirt-trap

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by kinibigdeal(m): 10:40am On Nov 16, 2016
Hello Mr. Slow poke, dont be too dodgy when you type nonsense
sweetgala:

Zamfara is one of such states please when you know nothing just shut your dirt-trap
Re: You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate by sweetgala(m): 10:41am On Nov 16, 2016
VERDA:

While i agree totally with ur assertion on the role of governors on the deplorable state of our country,let's try not to get all sentimental about the issue,the question remains,is the action of the senate supported by the constitution of the republic?.

Yes. Were you not alive when this bailout package was put together. Some state HOA even shut it down refusing their governor from collecting what was a government loan appropriated by the Senate

Any money appropriated by Senate can be audited by the Senate.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Lagos State Infrastructure Asset Management Agency (LASIAMA). PICS / South-East APC Demands Senate Presidency, SGF From Tinubu / Sallah: Ansaru Freely Preaches Rebellion Against Govt In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.