Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

The Scam Called Democracy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Scam Called Democracy (961 Views)

Investigation… Aregbesola And The Scam Called Opon-imo (2) / Investigation… Aregbesola And The Scam Called Opon-imo (1) / Change: Their Intention And The Grand Scam Called #changebeginswithme# (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Scam Called Democracy by mdokaba1(m): 6:30am On Nov 16, 2016
Show me a nation which got developed through a Democratic process, and I will tell you about 10 nations, which are/became industrially and infrastructurally advanced through the sweat, the rode and the blood in a Dictatorial regime.

Democracy does not bring development, its only but a game of Lies, Deceit, Propaganda and a seed of Division/Discord/Chaos. Nothing More.

Ask Libyans, Iraquees, Egyptians and yes Nigerians can also tell the story.

#MyTake#
Re: The Scam Called Democracy by sirfee(m): 6:34am On Nov 16, 2016
The truth is many countries practises oligarchy and aristocracy claiming it's democracy

1 Like

Re: The Scam Called Democracy by mdokaba1(m): 6:42am On Nov 16, 2016
sirfee:
The truth is many countries practises oligarchy and aristocracy claiming it's democracy

So whats ur take on Democracy itself.
Re: The Scam Called Democracy by jumpandpas(m): 6:46am On Nov 16, 2016
[quote author=mdokaba1 post=51071156][/quote]

I didn't read your post but your mind and i can say that you are up to something mischievous.
Re: The Scam Called Democracy by mdokaba1(m): 7:13am On Nov 16, 2016
jumpandpas:

I didn't read your post but your mind and i can say that you are up to something mischievous.

Hahahhahahahahahahha. Never laughed this much in a while.

Bros, am just a young deep thinking dude, who studies and analyse trends and happenings, and give my most remote takes on them. If you look thru my examples, you wud knw where am headed.

Am not insinuating anarchy pls as your brain might have interpreted.
Re: The Scam Called Democracy by jumpandpas(m): 7:18am On Nov 16, 2016
mdokaba1:

Hahahhahahahahahahha. Never laughed this much in a while.

Bros, am just a young deep thinking dude, who studies and analyse trends and happenings, and give my most remote takes on them. If you look thru my examples, you wud knw where am headed.

Am not insinuating anarchy pls as your brain might have interpreted.

What an elder sees while sitting down, a child cannot see it even if he climbs an Iroko tree.

1 Like

Re: The Scam Called Democracy by mdokaba1(m): 7:22am On Nov 16, 2016
jumpandpas:

What an elder sees while sitting down, a child cannot see it even if he climbs an Iroko tree.

Now don't get funny with your choice of words
Re: The Scam Called Democracy by dEastActivist: 7:46am On Nov 16, 2016
Op am gonna list them for you, better prepare yours...

1. United States of America
2. Switzerland
3. India
4. Germany
5. Russia

3 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Democracy by jumpandpas(m): 7:49am On Nov 16, 2016
mdokaba1:

Kidding is not my forte.
Re: The Scam Called Democracy by jumpandpas(m): 7:49am On Nov 16, 2016
mdokaba1:

Kidding is not my forte.
Re: The Scam Called Democracy by sirfee(m): 8:31am On Nov 16, 2016
mdokaba1:

So whats ur take on Democracy itself.
For me a true democracy is still the best form of government because it respects the fundamental human rights of it people.
Re: The Scam Called Democracy by sirfee(m): 8:40am On Nov 16, 2016
dEastActivist:
Op am gonna list them for you, better prepare yours...

1. United States of America
2. Switzerland
3. India
4. Germany
5. Russia
Please remove India from that list,you can Denmark,Singapore,Luxemborg etc
Re: The Scam Called Democracy by dEastActivist: 8:44am On Nov 16, 2016
sirfee:
Please remove India from that list,you can Denmark,Singapore,Luxemborg etc

You are not serious, you think India is your Nigeria??

India is one of the most successful country with the third largest gdp...

Take your ignorance elsewhere
Re: The Scam Called Democracy by sirfee(m): 9:28am On Nov 16, 2016
dEastActivist:

You are not serious, you think India is your Nigeria??

India is one of the most successful country with the third largest gdp...

Take your ignorance elsewhere
You are the one who is not serious,we are talking about democracy not gdp.Indian is a country with a corrupt judicial system,high rate of rape and rapists ,high rate of child marriage,Militancy and extremism etc
Re: The Scam Called Democracy by pchukwudi: 9:30am On Nov 16, 2016
Well, I don't really blame you.

Kids don't usually value what they have untill they lose it.

But my prayer for you and your likes is that you will never know what's it's like to live under a repressive tyrannical regime where your individuality is considered a threat to the state; your opinion don't count and your freedom of expression taken away.

May none of your descendants ever experience such an evil way of life (and pure backwardness) in this modern era.

mdokaba1:
Show me a nation which got developed through a Democratic process, and I will tell you about 10 nations, which are/became industrially and infrastructurally advanced through the sweat, the rode and the blood in a Dictatorial regime.

Democracy does not bring development, its only but a game of Lies, Deceit, Propaganda and a seed of Division/Discord/Chaos. Nothing More.

Ask Libyans, Iraquees, Egyptians and yes Nigerians can also tell the story.

#MyTake#

1 Like

Re: The Scam Called Democracy by holocron: 11:22am On Nov 16, 2016
pchukwudi:
Well, I don't really blame you.

Kids don't usually value what they have untill they lose it.

But my prayer for you and your likes is that you will never know what's it's like to live under a repressive tyrannical regime where your individuality is considered a threat to the state; your opinion don't count and your freedom of expression taken away.

May none of your descendants ever experience such an evil way of life (and pure backwardness) in this modern era.

Ehm m, if I may come in...

Anarchy and despotism has always led to regression of human development. They are indefensible.

I think the op is trying to differentiate republicanism and democracy. The two must not always go together you know. A republic is a government strongly controlled/guided by the rule of law; whereby the law of the land is supreme and sacrosanct.

Now, many forms of governments can exist as a republic - democracy, aristocracy, communist dictatorship, religious dictatorship etc.

Most developed countries first achieved progress under autocratic (but republican) arrangements.

In many of the European countries, voting right has always been restricted to the priviledged until not too long ago. Even the USA (established in 1776) only granted women power to vote in the 1900s.

The idea of national universal suffrage is a 20th century invention started after the western elite classes has consolidated power and entrenched themselves.

True democracy can only work on a small scale like the ancient greek city states, or the igbo traditional hamlets, and even then, it tends to breakdown and cause fragmentation of the society, if that society is faced with serious crises. That is why in the modern democratic republics, the president is granted dictatorial emergency powers during war or serious crises.

In short, in natural evolution of polities, autocratic republicanism comes first, before inclusive considerations for democracy. But then, our postcolonial African countries did not develop naturally. They where imaginative creations of the european colonial MASTERS. We need something totally unique, homegrown, and customised to our peculiar situation and problems. And we should not listen to outsiders while implementing it. Such worked for china. When they hybridised a communist government with a capitalist economy they were the laughing stock of the world, but today they are having the last laugh.

1 Like

Re: The Scam Called Democracy by pchukwudi: 11:57am On Nov 16, 2016
You seem to have a way better understanding of the subjet. So no debate. But I do know that while Democracy may not be synonimous to Republicanism (as you pointed out). Democracy (at least to me) still means freedom of expression, human rights and inclusiveness.

So when the OP described Democracy as a scam, he was in effect telling me that inclusiveness, human rights, and freedom of expression were all a scam and totally detrimental to social justice and development.

And to that I absolutrly disagree.

And talking about China, mark it, unless they learn to fully entrench total inclusiveness in their political and economic institutions, their infamous system cannot fare any better (in terms of sustainability) than that of the defunct USSR. See the book: "Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity and Poverty".

holocron:

Ehm m, if I may come in...

Anarchy and despotism has always led to regression of human development. They are indefensible.

I think the op is trying to differentiate republicanism and democracy. The two must not always go together you know. A republic is a government strongly controlled/guided by the rule of law; whereby the law of the land is supreme and sacrosanct.

Now, many forms of governments can exist as a republic - democracy, aristocracy, communist dictatorship, religious dictatorship etc.

Most developed countries first achieved progress under autocratic (but republican) arrangements.

In many of the European countries, voting right has always been restricted to the priviledged until not too long ago. Even the USA (established in 1776) only granted women power to vote in the 1900s.

The idea of national universal suffrage is a 20th century invention started after the western elite classes has consolidated power and entrenched themselves.

True democracy can only work on a small scale like the ancient greek city states, or the igbo traditional hamlets, and even then, it tends to breakdown and cause fragmentation of the society, if that society is faced with serious crises. That is why in the modern democratic republics, the president is granted dictatorial emergency powers during war or serious crises.

In short, in natural evolution of polities, autocratic republicanism comes first, before inclusive considerations for democracy. But then, our postcolonial African countries did not develop naturally. They where imaginative creations of the european colonial MASTERS. We need something totally unique, homegrown, and customised to our peculiar situation and problems. And we should not listen to outsiders while implementing it. Such worked for china. When they hybridised a communist government with a capitalist economy they were the laughing stock of the world, but today they are having the last laugh.

1 Like

Re: The Scam Called Democracy by dEastActivist: 12:13pm On Nov 16, 2016
sirfee:
You are the one who is not serious,we are talking about democracy not gdp.Indian is a country with a corrupt judicial system,high rate of rape and rapists ,high rate of child marriage,Militancy and extremism etc

Yet They practise democracy...

Yet they have a promising economy..

Get over it and kiss the truth.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Democracy by sirfee(m): 3:19pm On Nov 16, 2016
dEastActivist:

Yet They practise democracy...

Yet they have a promising economy..

Get over it and kiss the truth.
Arguing with you is just like filling a basket with water so let me keep quiet,enjoy your day.
Re: The Scam Called Democracy by dEastActivist: 3:40pm On Nov 16, 2016
sirfee:
Arguing with you is just like filling a basket with water so let me keep quiet,enjoy your day.

Just Agree you have no point... Loser
Re: The Scam Called Democracy by sirfee(m): 5:38pm On Nov 16, 2016
dEastActivist:

Just Agree you have no point... Loser
You are the loser in this case and be very careful.Respect yourself and stop typing rubbish if you don't want to cry.It is not a threat but a promise
Re: The Scam Called Democracy by mdokaba1(m): 5:45pm On Nov 16, 2016
Most developed countries we see today, reached development first tru, a fierce system of government.

Too much deliberations, seatings, arguments in our parliamants only but stunts growth and progress.

#MyTake#
Re: The Scam Called Democracy by dEastActivist: 5:46pm On Nov 16, 2016
sirfee:
You are the loser in this case and be very careful.Respect yourself and stop typing rubbish if you don't want to cry.It is not a threat but a promise

You are high on cheap drugs or dangote noodles what's part of the nucleus that form part of your cerebrum...
Do I look like an inferior to.. Someone you can bully over the Internet? Try and see...

It just boils down to the fact that your intentions was to make nuisance out of my cleared researched submission with your uncouth ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Democracy by sirfee(m): 6:06pm On Nov 16, 2016
dEastActivist:

You are high on cheap drugs or dangote noodles what's part of the nucleus that form part of your cerebrum...
Do I look like an inferior to.. Someone you can bully over the Internet? Try and see...

It just boils down to the fact that your intentions was to make nuisance out of my cleared researched submission with your uncouth ignorance.
You are very stupid,e be like say dem dey fry puff puff for your head.I know how to deal with you no need to say it out
Re: The Scam Called Democracy by sirfee(m): 6:12pm On Nov 16, 2016
dEastActivist:

na your father remain am for me,schmuck u dey form strong man for who,your mother

1 Like

Re: The Scam Called Democracy by mdokaba1(m): 10:37am On Nov 18, 2016
I created the thread for an intellectual fight and not the other way round.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Extends Gen Olonisakin’s (CDS) Tenure By One Year / Victor Umeh Gets New Chieftaincy Title — Okwulora I Of Uke / Most Reoccurring States On Nairaland Front Page.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.