Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Advice Me - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Advice Me (645 Views)

Advice Me / Advice Me Pls!!! / Advice Me On My Constant Chest Pain,mild Headache And Drowsiness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Me by amjou: 8:13am On Nov 16, 2016
Good morning people,
Straight up, can i have advice from everyone.
I work in a catholic mission hospital( 3years postpartum ). I have the dream of moving it forward and bigger for my experience benefits and expansion of the hospital.
However, i have a huge hindrance.
The manager(a priest) and the lab technician are dating seriously.
Therfore, she shoots the gun (sack who she hates, allows who she loves).
There is much error from the lab especially chemistry test, i advised the manager to employ a technician or sct that knows his onus to help out, of course he told the girl and enmity kicked.
Our bills are exorbitant, scarring patients, i confronted the manager, he complained of our drug cost, i gave him ideas on the use of drug reps to procure drugs. He blew the idea away, rather sourcing his drugs from one trader at onitsha who sells at unverifiable prices. Because, i presume they have their cuts from him.
He employed someone to be taking our surgeries, he doesn't work with us, however, this employee is not grounded, he rather comes with other surgeons and make the hospital pay twice surgery fees, also increasing our bills and scaring patients. He is also paid almost my salary for visiting twice a week. I advised the manager on need to employ a family med. Physician who can do surgeries and visit once a week, then pay him per visit and surgery, hence saving cost in recession. But he also refused, as our "madam" didn't approve any of my ideas.
Nurses that have the skills won't take orders from a brat in the lab, hence they are kicked out. Allowing only "kids" with little or no experience. With an excuse of "cutting cost"
Now am stocked.
I want to go visit the bishop and talk with him on possibility of changing the manager and getting a proper technician for us, then restructure the hospital for the benefit of all.
Am i going too far?
Should i just quit and get somewhere else?
NB: I reside and work there, pay isn't wonderful, but i seek experience i will get if things work properly.
Thanks
Re: Advice Me by Zdoh(m): 8:31am On Nov 16, 2016
Be the agent of change, it obvious something is wrong somewhere thereby leave the future of the hopital and patient to danger. Go ahead and discuss with Bishop and if possible they should restructure the whole place.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me by nelszx: 9:12am On Nov 16, 2016
amjou:
Good morning people,
Straight up, can i have advice from everyone.
I work in a catholic mission hospital( 3years postpartum ). I have the dream of moving it forward and bigger for my experience benefits and expansion of the hospital.
However, i have a huge hindrance.
The manager(a priest) and the lab technician are dating seriously.
Therfore, she shoots the gun (sack who she hates, allows who she loves).
There is much error from the lab especially chemistry test, i advised the manager to employ a technician or sct that knows his onus to help out, of course he told the girl and enmity kicked.
Our bills are exorbitant, scarring patients, i confronted the manager, he complained of our drug cost, i gave him ideas on the use of drug reps to procure drugs. He blew the idea away, rather sourcing his drugs from one trader at onitsha who sells at unverifiable prices. Because, i presume they have their cuts from him.
He employed someone to be taking our surgeries, he doesn't work with us, however, this employee is not grounded, he rather comes with other surgeons and make the hospital pay twice surgery fees, also increasing our bills and scaring patients. He is also paid almost my salary for visiting twice a week. I advised the manager on need to employ a family med. Physician who can do surgeries and visit once a week, then pay him per visit and surgery, hence saving cost in recession. But he also refused, as our "madam" didn't approve any of my ideas.
Nurses that have the skills won't take orders from a brat in the lab, hence they are kicked out. Allowing only "kids" with little or no experience. With an excuse of "cutting cost"
Now am stocked.
I want to go visit the bishop and talk with him on possibility of changing the manager and getting a proper technician for us, then restructure the hospital for the benefit of all.
Am i going too far?
Should i just quit and get somewhere else?
NB: I reside and work there, pay isn't wonderful, but i seek experience i will get if things work properly.
Thanks

Lab technician or scientist which is she?
Re: Advice Me by amjou: 9:52am On Nov 16, 2016
Lab technician or scientist which is she?[/quote]

Technician
Re: Advice Me by nelszx: 1:42pm On Nov 16, 2016
amjou:

Lab technician or scientist which is she?

Technician

Someone who doesn't even fit for her position please do the needful before things go out of hand

(1) (Reply)

7 Home Remedies Our Grandparents Used That Actually Work / Fordyce Spot, Please Help! / Pulmonary Embolism And Tinnitus: How Do I Combat The Both?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.