Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Job Creation Vs Start Up Fund, The Big Question - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Job Creation Vs Start Up Fund, The Big Question (582 Views)

ICAN Lauds Dangote For Job Creation In Africa / Win N50,000 Nija Box Start Up Fund Support / Diamond Bank BET Programme 2017 - Apply Now For Diamond Bank Free Start Up Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Creation Vs Start Up Fund, The Big Question by Praiseson: 9:30am On Nov 16, 2016
No doubt that for Nigeria to move forward and be self sufficient all round especially in our agriculture sector in line with the economic diversification policy of the present government, serious consideration is needed to accord job creation especially among our youth. My experience recently made me so sad and conclude that government of the day and previous ones are just playing lip service to removing us out of the economic woes we found ourselves.

To rejuvenate the economy, the Small and Medium Enterprises must be empowered, starting a business and sustaining itby way of creating a business friendly environment should be the priority of the Government. Grant/aids/business loan to start up companies should be made available.

From my experience, In 2013, having watched and studied the trend of things as regards the oil price fluntuation and world power game, l registered an agrobusiness company with one million ordinary shares of N1each. Between the period of the registration till date, l was able to perfect the company by assembling the management team. The Management team swang to action and able to give the company direction. In fact, the company started by acquiring a 2000MT community warehouse from the Federal Government of Nigeria at a price. I must add here that the warehouse was built under the Millenium Development Goal. The concept of the company is among others:
- Trading in farm produce by way of buying where there is surplus and sell to where there is insufficient
- Organise the local farmers to cluster of 10 to farmers cooperative
- Provide their farm needs like seedling, fertilizer etc to them through their membership of the cooperative
- Monitor the progress of their farm activities through our representative on grand
- Buy back 80% of their farm output at maturity
- Hold the produce in our warehouse for upward of three months and sell
- Make them part of the profit sharing of the sales etc

The purpose of acquiring the warehouse before embarking on our farming among others:

- To help in creating wealth for the local farmer by providing storage for their harvest
- Reducing post harvest waste which will invariable increase their income
- Make farming profitable
- Increase their farm production capacity
- Encourage others especially the youth to farming etc

No doubt, the source of rasing capital to start up company in Nigeria is limited, embezzled money by politicians, the connected people, few angel/venture capital (not known to majority of the populace) are readily comes to mind.

For upward of over six months now, having registered atleast 10 rice farmers and 5 yam farmers, the company is in limbo looking for investors, looking for how to raise working capital, all individuals approached so far are not helping matter. Bank conventional loan is not adviseable, conditions given by the duo of Bank of Industry and Bank of Agriculture is better imagined, grant is nowhereetc.

I know and am convinced that alot of Nigerians are facing this dilema which is why am bringing it out and asking, how can we move forward in a situation like this?, where can we raised working capital?, who and who can be approached that can listen to us?

My Nairalanders, your advise, suggestions, critisms are hereby welcome.
Re: Job Creation Vs Start Up Fund, The Big Question by Xxpress(m): 10:08am On Nov 16, 2016
I wish I can give answers to the questions raised because am also in the situation.
Re: Job Creation Vs Start Up Fund, The Big Question by Praiseson: 10:18am On Nov 16, 2016
I wish I can give answers to the questions raised because am also in the situation. yes o Xxpress, quite alot of our youth and starters are having this problem and the problem is weighing so much on our economic growth yet no one is pay much attention.

The money bag will rather put their momey to politics and go back to NASS to recoup
Re: Job Creation Vs Start Up Fund, The Big Question by dboss444: 1:06pm On Nov 16, 2016
Praiseson:
No doubt that for Nigeria to move forward and be self sufficient all round especially in our agriculture sector in line with the economic diversification policy of the present government, serious consideration is needed to accord job creation especially among our youth. My experience recently made me so sad and conclude that government of the day and previous ones are just playing lip service to removing us out of the economic woes we found ourselves.

To rejuvenate the economy, the Small and Medium Enterprises must be empowered, starting a business and sustaining itby way of creating a business friendly environment should be the priority of the Government. Grant/aids/business loan to start up companies should be made available.

From my experience, In 2013, having watched and studied the trend of things as regards the oil price fluntuation and world power game, l registered an agrobusiness company with one million ordinary shares of N1each. Between the period of the registration till date, l was able to perfect the company by assembling the management team. The Management team swang to action and able to give the company direction. In fact, the company started by acquiring a 2000MT community warehouse from the Federal Government of Nigeria at a price. I must add here that the warehouse was built under the Millenium Development Goal. The concept of the company is among others:
- Trading in farm produce by way of buying where there is surplus and sell to where there is insufficient
- Organise the local farmers to cluster of 10 to farmers cooperative
- Provide their farm needs like seedling, fertilizer etc to them through their membership of the cooperative
- Monitor the progress of their farm activities through our representative on grand
- Buy back 80% of their farm output at maturity
- Hold the produce in our warehouse for upward of three months and sell
- Make them part of the profit sharing of the sales etc

The purpose of acquiring the warehouse before embarking on our farming among others:

- To help in creating wealth for the local farmer by providing storage for their harvest
- Reducing post harvest waste which will invariable increase their income
- Make farming profitable
- Increase their farm production capacity
- Encourage others especially the youth to farming etc

No doubt, the source of rasing capital to start up company in Nigeria is limited, embezzled money by politicians, the connected people, few angel/venture capital (not known to majority of the populace) are readily comes to mind.

For upward of over six months now, having registered atleast 10 rice farmers and 5 yam farmers, the company is in limbo looking for investors, looking for how to raise working capital, all individuals approached so far are not helping matter. Bank conventional loan is not adviseable, conditions given by the duo of Bank of Industry and Bank of Agriculture is better imagined, grant is nowhereetc.

I know and am convinced that alot of Nigerians are facing this dilema which is why am bringing it out and asking, how can we move forward in a situation like this?, where can we raised working capital?, who and who can be approached that can listen to us?

My Nairalanders, your advise, suggestions, critisms are hereby welcome.

this is the same concept olams international are using. if they can do it then you can make it try and walk arround it. where are u located
Re: Job Creation Vs Start Up Fund, The Big Question by Praiseson: 2:42pm On Nov 16, 2016
The warehouse is in Ekiti State while our office is in Abuja
dboss444:

this is the same concept olams international are using. if they can do it then you can make it try and walk arround it. where are u located

(1) (Reply)

Implication Of Selling Yoghurt Without NAFDAC Number / I Need Large Format Printer Dealer/seller / Would You Sell Your Laptop For Quick Cash?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.