Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Wole Soyinka Should Quickly Tear His Green Card – Femi Kuti Reacts - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wole Soyinka Should Quickly Tear His Green Card – Femi Kuti Reacts (726 Views)

Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria / Jaiye Kuti Reacts To Rihanna’s Dressing: “This Is Madness” / Seun Kuti Reacts To Photo Of Dangote And Friends Chilling On His Yatch (2) (3) (4)

Wole Soyinka Should Quickly Tear His Green Card – Femi Kuti Reacts by TheHerald: 3:21pm On Nov 16, 2016
Son of late Nigerian music legend, Fela Kuti has reacted to the threat issued by Nigerian Nobel Laurette, Wole Soyinka prior to the conduct of the US presidential election.

Wole Soyinka had prior to the November 8 US presidential election threatened to trash his green card should Republican candidate, Donald Trump win.
However, Nigerians have called on the academic scholar to tear his green card and uphold his words following the outcome of the US election.

Femi Kuti in reaction to the issue during an interview with TheNetNg said: “He should quickly tear it.

“My question is why does he have a green card in the first place?

“Africa is so beautiful, look at our landscape; there is so much to see in Africa.”

Read more at http://www.herald.ng/wole-soyinka-should-quickly-tear-his-green-card-femi-kuti-reacts/#z2e5Z04ec161TlLV.99
Re: Wole Soyinka Should Quickly Tear His Green Card – Femi Kuti Reacts by pheyikemi: 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2016
I dunno why everybody keep reacting ds days, wen person nor be acid + base. Man say na play e dey play una, una say make im tear im green card. Which kain talk be dat?
Re: Wole Soyinka Should Quickly Tear His Green Card – Femi Kuti Reacts by Came: 4:00pm On Nov 16, 2016
See wetin talk talk cause for this man.

Re: Wole Soyinka Should Quickly Tear His Green Card – Femi Kuti Reacts by abrahamzy: 6:34pm On Nov 16, 2016
lol,this green card matter don enter anoda level ooo
Re: Wole Soyinka Should Quickly Tear His Green Card – Femi Kuti Reacts by SmartMugu: 9:24pm On Nov 17, 2016
Abeg, let everyone leave Wole Soyinka alone. That man thinks 2016 is same as 198X he got that lil nobel crap. It's a new age, people think differently now.
Must we all read books and speak nonsense grammar like him? He chose to do that to himself. In his head, he is smart and everyone else in the world is stupid. Yeye man.

Abeg, make him perch somewhere make we see better people. I wonder how his wife deals with him. Simple question - you said you will tear your green card when Trump wins, rather than provide a simple reason why that's hard for him to do, he chose to respond in some grammar that some old people knew him for, like everyone else thinks thats a big deal today.

Abeg make him relax, people no send how many books him read to make him start reasoning this way. We don't need to read like him to make it in life. Did Dangote, Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Otedola etc speak all that nonsense grammar to get where they are today? He's still banking on some award he earned from the 80s and assumes everyone else is dumb.

Re: Wole Soyinka Should Quickly Tear His Green Card – Femi Kuti Reacts by crazymommy(f): 11:41pm On Nov 17, 2016
SmartMugu:
Abeg, let everyone leave Wole Soyinka alone. That man thinks 2016 is same as 198X he got that lil nobel crap. It's a new age, people think differently now.
Must we all read books and speak nonsense grammar like him? He chose to do that to himself. In his head, he is smart and everyone else in the world is stupid. Yeye man.

Abeg, make him perch somewhere make we see better people. I wonder how his wife deals with him. Simple question - you said you will tear your green card when Trump wins, rather than provide a simple reason why that's hard for him to do, he chose to respond in some grammar that some old people knew him for, like everyone else thinks thats a big deal today.

Abeg make him relax, people no send how many books him read to make him start reasoning this way. We don't need to read like him to make it in life. Did Dangote, Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Otedola etc speak all that nonsense grammar to get where they are today? He's still banking on some award he earned from the 80s and assumes everyone else is dumb.
That is someone dad we are talking about here....would you want someone to speak ill of your dad??eventhough many people including me are not happy with utterances from professor wole soyinka these days but that still does not change the fact that he is a great achiever and reached a great height of success....ok like u said he is banking on awards he earned in the 80's ,which one did you win whether in the 80's or 90's or 2016??you are truly a mugu as your moniker says but the difference is your moniker added "smart" but your comments claimed it is the other way round...

Re: Wole Soyinka Should Quickly Tear His Green Card – Femi Kuti Reacts by SmartMugu: 12:33am On Nov 18, 2016
crazymommy:
That is someone dad we are talking about here....would you want someone to speak ill of your dad??eventhough many people including me are not happy with utterances from professor wole soyinka these days but that still does not change the fact that he is a great achiever and reached a great height of success....ok like u said he is banking on awards he earned in the 80's ,which one did you win whether in the 80's or 90's or 2016??you are truly a mugu as your moniker says but the difference is your moniker added "smart" but your comments claimed it is the other way round...
No disrespect was intended. He earned whatever people say about him today. No doubt, he's a great achiever. No doubt he is learned. No doubt he is a voice many youths look up to. No doubt he is a father. Where he failed is promising what he knew he couldn't fulfil. If the election results went the other way, he probably would have earned a few more accolades. It bounced back against him, rather than be quiet or provide logical reasons for why he wouldn't do such now, he attacked everyone that asked him to fulfil his promise in his response - if you read his response, you'd realise he literally thinks everyone that asked him the green card question was beneath him, where as some of them are actually smarter than him.
I dont care about winning any awards. Several notable people won awards before him, where are they today? All they left behind are their legacies, and that I think should be his focus after all he has achieved, not to make himself remembered otherwise. Whoever has all the awards in the world and isnt rich needs to ask themselves what theyre doing wrong. Does every smart person in the world have a Nobel award? It's one thing to be book smart, it's another thing to be street smart. He falls in the first category and need to leave politics alone and focus on his literature.

On the SmartMugu moniker, me and you know that was a random name. I may not be as smart like some of us claim to be, but ain't a mugu either. Get it?
Re: Wole Soyinka Should Quickly Tear His Green Card – Femi Kuti Reacts by crazymommy(f): 12:45am On Nov 18, 2016
SmartMugu:

No disrespect was intended. He earned whatever people say about him today. No doubt, he's a great achiever. No doubt he is learned. No doubt he is a voice many youths look up to. No doubt he is a father. Where he failed is promising what he knew he couldn't fulfil. If the election results went the other way, he probably would have earned a few more accolades. It bounced back against him, rather than be quiet or provide logical reasons for why he wouldn't do such now, he attacked everyone that asked him to fulfil his promise in his response - if you read his response, you'd realise he literally thinks everyone that asked him the green card question was beneath him, where as some of them are actually smarter than him.
I dont care about winning any awards. Several notable people won awards before him, where are they today? All they left behind are their legacies, and that I think should be his focus after all he has achieved, not to make himself remembered otherwise. Whoever has all the awards in the world and isnt rich needs to ask themselves what theyre doing wrong. Does every smart person in the world have a Nobel award? It's one thing to be book smart, it's another thing to be street smart. He falls in the first category and need to leave politics alone and focus on his literature.

On the SmartMugu moniker, me and you know that was a random name. I may not be as smart like some of us claim to be, but ain't a mugu either. Get it?
K

Hundreds Of Villagers Gather For ‘spiritual Cleansing’ In Anambra River (photos) / Naijacelebrity Top 10 Biggest Songs Of 2016 #10biggestsongs2016 / Why My Relationship With Pasuma Didn't Lead To Marriage – Ronke Odusanya