Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Google’s New App Photoscan Turns Prints Into Digital Photos - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Google’s New App Photoscan Turns Prints Into Digital Photos (435 Views)

A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why / Brief Information About Google Photoscan. / AI Ripples Through Google's New Product Lineup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Google’s New App Photoscan Turns Prints Into Digital Photos by Holuwarphantom(m): 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2016
The team behind Google Photos has released a new app for turning your old prints into digital photos. Dubbed as PhotoScan, the standalone app lets you scan any photos which you can store in your smartphones or tablets.

The app doesn’t require a login. The app opens to the camera and instructs you to position a photo within the frame. When you do, four dots appear over your photo. To scan it, you move your phone over each of the dots and hold it until the circle is filled in. Once you’ve cut through all four dots, the photo is scanned and you can immediately slide the next photo under your phone and repeat the procedure.
Photos are automatically cropped, rotated, and color corrected. You can save them to Google Photos with one tap — and then, when you want to find them, you can just search for “scans” inside Google Photos and they’ll all come up.Along with the PhotoScan app, Google has also announced three new features for Photos viz, a new and improved auto enhance, unique new looks, and advanced editing tools. You will have to tap a photo and then tap the pencil icon to start editing. The latest update will let you edit controls for Light and Color including highlights, shadows, and warmth. Google Photos now offer 12 types of different filters that use machine learning tech.
PhotoScan is available on Andriod and iOS
www.exactlytech.com

Re: Google’s New App Photoscan Turns Prints Into Digital Photos by DIKEnaWAR: 3:50pm On Nov 16, 2016
I am not understanding.

Let me download and try by myself.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Warning From Google! Heard Of Fake News? How About Fake Google / How Smartphone Light Affects Your Brain And Body / Should I Go To University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.