Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,459 members, 7,836,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... (1180 Views)

Lg G2 2gb/32gb / Whatsapp Planning To Add Fingerprint Security To Prevent Unwarranted Access / U.s Used, Like New Lg G2 D801 For Quick Sale ------- SOLD ----- (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by tolaxin(m): 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
Hi phone gurus in the house. I'm planning to get a UK used LG G2 by month end, but I'm really getting concerned about few comments I have read online about the phone's digitizer.

I learnt after some times some parts of the screen will start to malfunction. I really want to know if this issue is a general issue or common to certain variants of the device.

And if I encounter the problem, how can it be solved?

What's the current UK used price of the device as well as G3?

Pls comment..
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by Edunwa302(m): 9:25pm On Nov 16, 2016
Absolutely correct I bought one three months ago and some part of the screen stopped responding while on 3g the phone heats up as if its microwave oven, its good looking though and very fast but the screen response is very bad. just change the battery and it cost 5k and 1k workmanship. My advice.........avoid the device
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by tolaxin(m): 9:27pm On Nov 16, 2016
Edunwa302:
Absolutely correct I bought one three months ago and some part of the screen stopped responding while on 3g the phone heats up as if its microwave oven, its good looking though and very fast but the screen response is very bad. just change the battery and it cost 5k and 1k workmanship. My advice.........avoid the device

Thanks so much bro! Do you have any comment about the G3?
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by Edunwa302(m): 9:32pm On Nov 16, 2016
tolaxin:

Thanks so much bro! Do you have any comment about the G3?
No

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by tolaxin(m): 9:40pm On Nov 16, 2016
Edunwa302:

No

Did you buy your G2 as new or US used?
Have you been able to resolve the screen issue?
Was the battery bad initially and needed to be changed? How is its condition now?

Thanks
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by Edunwa302(m): 9:46pm On Nov 16, 2016
tolaxin:

Did you buy your G2 as new or US used?
Have you been able to resolve the screen issue?
Was the battery bad initially and needed to be changed? How is its condition now?

Thanks
Bought it UK use
They said I have to change one flex at the cost of 6k which I decline
Its wasnt , it got swollen up as it were sealed battery
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by tolaxin(m): 11:18pm On Nov 16, 2016
Edunwa302:
Bought it UK use They said I have to change one flex at the cost of 6k which I decline Its wasnt , it got swollen up as it were sealed battery
^^^ thanks for your contribution..
I need more info plsss
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by Abdstrakt(m): 7:48am On Nov 17, 2016
If it helps, i remember seeing a G2 for sale with a faulty touch here on NL.
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by Stevengold(m): 7:58am On Nov 17, 2016
I've used G2 for a while, it's a good phone, it served it's purpose, now when using G2, make sure u upgrade to lollipop to avoid excessive heating. U can use G3 custom rom. The screen issue arises if you've changed the screen imperfectly. The g2 screen is very sensitive. So when buying, make sure every part of the phone is sealed tightly, make sure it has no scratches, try using it to browse for 5 min and monitor the temperature. If after doing so its normal then ur good to go. Also use a glass scree guard for better protection of the phone.

G3 is an upgrade for g2, I love the device. Even upto G5 LG devices are unique in their own way. The G3 don't have precautionary measures like the g2. It's perfect.
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by tolaxin(m): 1:48pm On Nov 17, 2016
Stevengold:
I've used G2 for a while, it's a good phone, it served it's purpose, now when using G2, make sure u upgrade to lollipop to avoid excessive heating. U can use G3 custom rom. The screen issue arises if you've changed the screen imperfectly. The g2 screen is very sensitive. So when buying, make sure every part of the phone is sealed tightly, make sure it has no scratches, try using it to browse for 5 min and monitor the temperature. If after doing so its normal then ur good to go. Also use a glass scree guard for better protection of the phone.

G3 is an upgrade for g2, I love the device. Even upto G5 LG devices are unique in their own way. The G3 don't have precautionary measures like the g2. It's perfect.

Thanks so much for your contribution bro. I don't have any idea about using "custom rom". Could you please put me through?

And what are its pros and cons?
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by tolaxin(m): 1:49pm On Nov 17, 2016
Abdstrakt:
If it helps, i remember seeing a G2 for sale with a faulty touch here on NL.

I have seen many complaints that's why I'm afraid. cus I don't want to purchase headache..
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by Stevengold(m): 7:07am On Nov 18, 2016
tolaxin:

Thanks so much for your contribution bro. I don't have any idea about using "custom rom". Could you please put me through?

And what are its pros and cons?

Well for now I won't advice u to do it urself. So u don't brick ur phone. But if u still insist, u can watch videos on YouTube on how to go about it.
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by Youngpo413: 9:34am On Nov 18, 2016
Buy the nexus 5x, then thank me later, no screen issues and very affordable.
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by bobo65(m): 10:35am On Nov 18, 2016
G3 also has the touch issues but it takes a longer while to get the defect compared to G2

G4 has bootlops ish

infact I no trust any LG product cos even my g3 that had 3000mah battery doesn't last like my phantom 5 with d same 3000mah battery
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by tolaxin(m): 12:24pm On Nov 18, 2016
Youngpo413:
Buy the nexus 5x, then thank me later, no screen issues and very affordable.

My budget is 35-40k

Will this get me a UK used of the Nexus 5x?
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by tolaxin(m): 12:25pm On Nov 18, 2016
bobo65:
G3 also has the touch issues but it takes a longer while to get the defect compared to G2

G4 has bootlops ish

infact I no trust any LG product cos even my g3 that had 3000mah battery doesn't last like my phantom 5 with d same 3000mah battery

Does it mean all G2s produced by LG have the digitizer problems?
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by bobo65(m): 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2016
tolaxin:

Does it mean all G2s produced by LG have the digitizer problems?

if u put it that way
its just as infinix hot note normally have charging port issues
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by tolaxin(m): 1:17pm On Nov 18, 2016
bobo65:

if u put it that way its just as infinix hot note normally have charging port issues
Samsung galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z, What do you think about these phones?
My budget is 35-40k
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by bobo65(m): 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2016
tolaxin:

Samsung galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z, What do you think about these phones?

My budget is 35-40k

too expensive
s4 should be like 33k market price and 28 to 30k for hand to hand

Xperia Z should be 25 hand to hand
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by tolaxin(m): 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2016
bobo65:

too expensive s4 should be like 33k market price and 28 to 30k for hand to hand

Xperia Z should be 25 hand to hand
How about the price of a samsung galaxy S5?

Do you deal in phones?
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by bobo65(m): 7:25pm On Nov 18, 2016
tolaxin:

How about the price of a samsung galaxy S5?

Do you deal in phones?

Kinda
If to say u ping me earlier, sold my S5 for 45k

Budget like 53k for s5

Expecting some phones
Will Holla at u
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 18, 2016
I used few. To be honest the lg g2 have a good battery good camera good performance but bad screen.
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by tolaxin(m): 11:03pm On Nov 18, 2016
bobo65:

Kinda If to say u ping me earlier, sold my S5 for 45k
Budget like 53k for s5

Expecting some phones Will Holla at u
Does Note 3 cost more than S5? And how much is it?
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by tolaxin(m): 11:05pm On Nov 18, 2016
xvbill:
I used few. To be honest the lg g2 have a good battery good camera good performance but bad screen.

I have experienced a bad screen once when I changed my Xperia Z1 screen. It can make someone smack the phone again the wall.
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by bobo65(m): 11:05pm On Nov 18, 2016
tolaxin:

Does Note 3 cost more than S5? And how much is it?

Nope it shouldnt

Like 47 to 50k
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by bobo65(m): 11:07pm On Nov 18, 2016
xvbill:

Battery?
Lol
Re: I'm Planning To Get A UK Used LG G2, But... by tolaxin(m): 9:16am On Nov 19, 2016
bobo65:

Nope it shouldnt

Like 47 to 50k

Well then!

I have checked the specs of Note 3 and its cool. I'm going for this. You may holla at me if you have it.

(1) (Reply)

Trump’s Plan For Iphone Production Is A Bad One / Checkout The Latest Way To Track And Monitor Another Mobile Phone For Free / I Need Suggestions Concerning A Good Smart Phone Between 45 And 60 Thousand Nai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.