Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,961 members, 7,952,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:21 AM

Say No To Jungle Justice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Say No To Jungle Justice (470 Views)

Animal World: Surviving The Savannah And Jungle [photos] / UNN Students Condemn Jungle Justice With A Play (Photos) / Madonna University: Justice For Stephanie Who Died On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say No To Jungle Justice by Regularjoe: 11:16pm On Nov 16, 2016
Hey nairaland I usually I'm not one for the spot light so I'd just post this story and go, as my username implies I'm just any other regular guy. I'm from portharcourt and i went to school in Portharcourt here is my story. So I stepped out of my house on a Wednesday morning in June 2016 to get to a popular market known as oil mill market That comes up once a week in portharcourt, I got to the closest bus stop from where I reside which is the artillery bus stop, on getting there I had to board a bus going to oil mill market , I had to go get some new clothes since regular Joe's like us can't afford boutique cut throat prices but that's by the way, my parents thought I had gone for my examinations, dad was on his way to calabar mum was preparing to go to work. On getting to the market I gave the bus conductor the sum of two hundred naira and he complained about it being so early in the morning he didn't have the balance of 150 yo give me, there was another person with the same balance problem a random girl I hadn't met before, so the conductor gave me a 100 naira and gave her a 100 naira for us to split, alighting the bus and asking the drive what sort of thing that was the bus zoomed of and the random lady walked away non chalantly with a smirk on her face that said us it not small 50naira he'll live it for Me now, mind you this was at the heart of the recession , In my little mind I said;never going to happen I stopped her called a hawker that sells sausage rolls or gala as we term it in Nigeria, i instructed her to buy gala with my part of the money which she did and left when the hawker gave the gala to me I asked him to keep it because I was stuffed in the morning and left, see me forming good Samaritan, he thanked me and I went my way this was in front of a Genesis restaurant close to the market. On getting into the market and two minutes later I saw somebody behind me trying to pull my trousers, I'm like oboy wetin happen? no be you I just buy gala from? The boy started shouting umu igbo bia oh I tried to ask what the matter was, before i knew the boy was telling a trader in the market that I collected his penis. My lord in heaven , before you I could say jack Daniel's he had his private part out and worth seemed like liquid was coming out,, which is what we usually term colloquially as pre cum, before you know it a lot of people had gathered he was crying saying I bought gala and gave it back to him and his body just felt loose, home boy was flashing his man hood to the whole market explaining and crying that his very visible penis had grown shorter in a matter of minutes I was surrounded by a mob at the next filling station made to sit on the floor people with cell phones out taking pictures of me calling me a penis thief, touts around, market women and youths gathered telling me to confess, only one person in the crowd asked who I was and if I had credit in my phone to call my parents , someone in the mob an old man over seventy asked me my tribe I'm from a minority tribe ogoni in rivers state and all of a sudden I was guilty, I did it because ogoni people are stigmatized like that and he slapped me, in his opinion ogoni people were witches and wizards at this time the market president came to this filling station and ordered nobody to lay a hand on me that it was a police case , meanwhile the gala boy was still flashing his penis around, some people who claimed to be his relatives(how many of you know the exact size of your brothers or sons or relatives penis) came and said they knew the size of his penis and it had shrunk, meanwhile the old man had taken off my shoes passers-by were making comments like eiya this fine boy, see as you fresh, presido make we start to dey beat am, in my mind I was like we'll. Yahweh I have had twenty plus years in this world some people didn't see one, if its your will I go out this way praise be to your name,gala boy was crying and speaking in tongues I just sat there looking a mysterious old woman looked at me and left, all I was saying is Jesus lol. Then the guy that asked me who I was provided me with his cell phone to call dad, imagine your child calling you when you are on a business trip saying dad come to oil mill Market they said I took someone's penis. Well that's how I said it to my dad. The police came later handcuffed me and gala boy who was still showing his penis to everyone there and crying demanding to go to a brothel to check if it was still there , a man had earlier asked me with a can of fuel in hand if I had money to sponsor gala boy's pleasure trip to the brothel this was before police came and cuffed me and him together to the station on getting there, trust Nigerian police they had all condemned me. The officers that arrested me flogged me with a machete slapped me severally and claimed in a report to his superiors that after handling gala boys penis he couldn't feel his hands, my dad came a Police officer friend of his came later gala boy was still crying casting and binding requesting for brothel trip, his relatives earlier on where at the station, in the course of the interrogation gala boy said he wanted the crowd to beat me so I would confess turned out nothing was wrong with him and that is how I would have lost my life to jungle justice that day for being a good Samaritan if not for what I term as divine intervention from God. the embarrassment alone is enough to send you into severe depression ,, after the thing was over dad suggested locking him up a bit and having him suffer I told dad to channel the scarce resources else where and that I forgave him (gala boy)I moved on. this is a true life story iv never shared with anybody seeing photos on social media of that boy burnt I had to share this let us stop jungle justice.
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice by Joephat(m): 12:02am On Nov 17, 2016
eiya.. you for don turn to Ashes by now.

could I assume that the boy needed yo yash in brothel and maybe the money was not there, he tried to device a means?

but ogoni ppl shaaa.
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice by Regularjoe: 12:07am On Nov 17, 2016
Tbh till today I have no idea all I know is he made a direct attempt on my life, over a common feeling with no diagnosis at all. A lot of people wouldn't be that lucky this jungle justice thing has to stop,, and ogoni people have come a long way in the past 30 years.. Not that I'm concerned with tribalism or ethnicity. Jungle justice just has to stop is the message

1 Like

Re: Say No To Jungle Justice by Tobitrueman(m): 3:01am On Nov 17, 2016
Joephat:
eiya.. you for don turn to Ashes by now.

could I assume that the boy needed yo yash in brothel and maybe the money was not there, he tried to device a means?

but ogoni ppl shaaa.

(1) (Reply)

Pebbles Program / Delsu 3rd Batch For Both Jamb And De:http://delsu.edu.ng/utme2016admission.aspx / Chloroform?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.