Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,135 members, 7,835,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living (6144 Views)

How Do I Resign From Npower Scheme? / Dear 2017 Beneficiaries, If You Know You Already Have A Job, Resign NOW. / N-Power: Why We Introduced The "Resign From Program" Button On Your Dashboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by wroskian(m): 5:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
Flight07, you story sounds somehow. I can extract the following points though:

1. You have done so well on a job, the management had been praising you, but now they want to put you to "shame" because you solved a problem using unscientific means against the culture of the organization. - What method did you use that is scientifically unproven? Did you use juju? grin

2.They questioned your method and you became arrogant, using harsh words instead of finding a way of winning them to your side using the results you got as leverage. [b]- That is a bad attitude man.

[b] 3. You don't want to resign because people would think you got fired.
- What do you really want?

I think there is more to what you put up there. Kindly provide us with the details especially with respect to the "scientific or no scientific wahala," and this time, kindly let it add up.

Finally, to the thread topic, if you think you will be better-off as a bike rider, just quit your job and pursue your biking dream. GOODLUCK!!!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
cjeriia:
Abeg wey d modified post naa. 4 hrs don pass already oooo

I have modified it in the front page. I will continue it in page 1.
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 17, 2016
wroskian:
Flight07, you story sounds somehow. I can extract the following points though:

1. You have done so well on a job, the management had been praising you, but now they want to put you to "shame" because you solved a problem using unscientific means against the culture of the organization. - What method did you use that is scientifically unproven? Did you use juju? grin

2.They questioned your method and you became arrogant, using harsh words instead of finding a way of winning them to your side using the results you got as leverage.[b]- That is a bad attitude man.

[b]3. You don't want to resign because people would think you got fired.
- What do you really want?

I think there is more to what you put up there. Kindly provide us with the details especially with respect to the "scientific or no scientific wahala," and this time, kindly let it add up.

Finally, to the thread topic, if you think you will be better-off as a bike rider, just quit your job and pursue your biking dream. GOODLUCK!!!

Read again. I have modified it, and I will still continue the story on page 1.
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2016
SoNature:

For me, this story is incomplete until you tell us the kinda job u do and what problem u solved.

Help us to help you...we no b witches and wizards to decode what actually happened. Good advice comes with better understanding of the situation.

On the other hand, using an insulting word like "daft" in the office is totally unacceptable.

Whether or not you finally quit, please stop using it in the office because such words are only allowed at the motor parks grin

I have modified it. Read again.
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 17, 2016
lekkie073:
oga ade...30mins don elapse......where is d modification

I have modified it.
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
DrayZee:

We are waiting oh..

I have modified it.
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 17, 2016
Emmysteve:
What's that work you do that must be scientifically proven?

I have modified the post.
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by elmisti(m): 6:02pm On Nov 17, 2016
Flight07:

I have modified the story. My farm is located away from town. We have staff quarters. But the road linking the farm is bad. So it's easy manoeuvring the road with bikes. That's how I became a good rider. I transact a lot in town, and move around with ease.

Bro. Now that i have an idea of the problem. My advice to u will be..continue your work if you really good at it and u are sure u nt doing anytn shady. Politics is everywere and thats just a small simple one in your office. I know of people that thier colleagues send assasins to kill cuz of work politics.....stay strong if u and hold ur ground....who tell u say politics no dey d okada bizness too

1 Like

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by prettyem(f): 6:08pm On Nov 17, 2016
OK Mr. op why would you want to end up a bike rider? Is dat aw low u think of urself? U lost all energy to believe in u already because someone/pple somwia decided not to appreciate your worth anymore? U av resigned...good,so aw abt starting up ur own farm and apply all ur knowledge and experience to grow it steadily? I'm sure if u do dis diligently, this u'll be a competitor to beat for dis company. Pls don't write off ursef, okada riding is cool but I believe its not for u. Don't waste ur skills....and learn to LOVE YASEF.
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2016
Then the chairman sent private message to me.
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 17, 2016
More
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 17, 2016
Nn
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 17, 2016
That's how far I could go. I resigned already.
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by DrayZee: 6:50pm On Nov 17, 2016
Flight07:
That's how far I could go. I resigned already.
Okay bro... . No problem.
Yes you were offended,by the actions of the dude checking the system. But the problem here in your report to you superior was how you were consistently playing the victim card. He guy checking the system was wrong, but you could have at least tried to keep your report neutral, and left it for your superior to discern who was wrong.

But I understand you, some people behave very stupidly. From the way things were looking, your exit from that job was inevitable. It was only a matter of time.

So what new course are you planning to take? Creating your own farm or okada riding?
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Viking007(m): 6:59pm On Nov 17, 2016
You need to work on Your ego.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 17, 2016
Viking007:
You need to work on Your ego.
Good luck.

That's how they say Donald Trump is aggressive and he won US presidency.
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Viking007(m): 7:16pm On Nov 17, 2016
Flight07:

That's how they say Donald Trump is aggressive and he won US presidency.
smiley Donald Trump is a multi-billionaire...You're bout to become an okada rider.

Humility pays, especially when You're growing.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 17, 2016
Viking007:
smiley Donald Trump is a multi-billionaire...You're bout to become an okada rider.

And Trump was a quiet guy before becoming a billionaire? So, these riders should not be treated as humans cos they are not rich?
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by chidekings(m): 9:58pm On Nov 17, 2016
Viking007:

Gbagam!!!!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by elvision1(m): 11:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
Guy! You really got Ego issues, its so big you would suffocate to death if you swallowed it.

I understand how the guy was trying to embarass you but you do know if you are that intelligent, you could have still fought back intellectually.? Get your pound of flesh! And when they want to sack you! Drop your resignation letter!!!

But i would be dissapionted if you turn to okada riding cus from your character assessment, you can't survive that line of job. With your experience and knowledge you should be talking about growing your own farm and live feeds! Futuristic plans that can grow!
Wtf is wrong with you sef! Even dummies know better to duplicate with "hands on" experience knowledge, say more you "an acclaimed intellectual"

1 Like

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 17, 2016
elvision1:
Guy! You really got Ego issues, its so big you would suffocate to death if you swallowed it.

You should quit thinking like a slave.
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by elvision1(m): 11:15pm On Nov 17, 2016
Flight07:

You should quit thinking like a slave.

i modified, check again.
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 17, 2016
elvision1:

i modified, check again.

OK. Sorry, bro. I know these people very well. Not everything about them can be said here. I won't deceive you, I was only helping them, u won't understand.
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by elvision1(m): 12:13am On Nov 18, 2016
Flight07:

OK. Sorry, bro. I know these people very well. Not everything about them can be said here. I won't deceive you, I was only helping them, u won't understand.

but you definitely shouldn't be caught riding a bike,not that its wrong if you do, but someone with your mental capacity shouldn't settle for less when you can do more,

with PEAK!lol
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Jobsdome: 3:21am On Nov 18, 2016
Flight07:

I don't understand what you mean by quoting the 'highest'.

I will keep winning arguments, cos this is my field. But they want me to look as a fool at all cost. Though, once they can't reach their goal of 'winning' me, sack is inevitable.
Quoted because they are actually antagonizing you presently
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 18, 2016
Jobsdome:
Quoted because they are actually antagonizing you presently

Before the close of work yesterday, I resigned. The peace within me is like that of someone wey don hammer.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 18, 2016
elvision1:

but you definitely shouldn't be caught riding a bike,not that its wrong if you do, but someone with your mental capacity shouldn't settle for less when you can do more,

with PEAK!lol

I thought of bikes cos riding it in traffic has been fun. I have other things that bring earnings without anyone knowing.
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by elvision1(m): 8:43pm On Nov 18, 2016
Flight07:

I thought of bikes cos riding it in traffic has been fun. I have other things that bring earnings without anyone knowing.

lol, f'ck me then for sympathising with you. You seem like an adrenaline junkie who's about to live his dream and still earn from it. With another source of income what more can a person ask for? RIDE ON!!!!... (Pun intended)
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Babacele: 6:37am On Nov 19, 2016
Flight07:

I have modified the story. My farm is located away from town. We have staff quarters. But the road linking the farm is bad. So it's easy manoeuvring the road with bikes. That's how I became a good rider. I transact a lot in town, and move around with ease.
hmmm, thanks Amicable09 for bringing this to my notice. Flight07 dear farm politics and an ignorant cum greedy management is not a funny combination at all;and it is making many farms,especially livestock, to go out of business in Nigeria.
. There is no job that combines the knowledge of physics,chemistry,statistics,accounting,business and human management,economics, time management, arithmetic, security,customer care,politics and agriculture all almost at the same time like managing a farm. You cant eat until the animals have eaten; you are sick when the animal are not fine; your leisure can be cut short at anytime especially by a phone call whenever there is a crisis on the farm either in the day or night;whenever there is no feed on the farm because the owner is financially tired or the feed companies have short supply, you get the blame....and the most painful thing is you get underpaid while at same time getting jealous farm workers who see you as an obstacle to their 'food'.
Nevertheless, i think in your next job, if you still wish to manage anybody's farm, it is pertinent you define your engagements , management responsibilities and you job roles. All these can appear in a job contract ,or verbal agreement which you can record for posterity. Who does what? what results does the management expect within a time frame? do you think you can deliver and what factors would enhance your performance? would the organization allow for employee's growth and development?

Second, it is also important that you know the vision and mission of a farm firm; their short, medium and long term strategies at achieving their set goals. For example, if a farm wants 20 healthy weaners weighing an average of 9kg every 5weeks, are there adequate feed for the sows? adequate facilities to enable the piglets have equal access to breastfeeding; and where there are some weak piglets would alternative feeding like bottle feeding be made provisions for and at what cost? etc Many farm owners are ignorant and want to make quick , huge profits without investing in the necessary inputs and think farm managers are magicians.

I am sure you cant underestimate the power of keeping records on a farm. it would always guide or rescue you when you do not expect.

Periodic meeting and plan reviews should be encouraged where opportunities to discuss certain issues not earlier foreseen can be handled.
Truth is managing a farm can be very tasking, and you need to be in best elements most often to perform optimally. cheers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 19, 2016
Babacele:
hmmm, thanks Amicable09 for bringing this to my notice. Flight07 dear farm politics and an ignorant cum greedy management is not a funny combination at all;and it is making many farms,especially livestock, to go out of business in Nigeria.
. There is no job that combines the knowledge of physics,chemistry,statistics,accounting,business and human management,economics, time management, arithmetic, security,customer care,politics and agriculture all almost at the same time like managing a farm. You cant eat until the animals have eaten; you are sick when the animal are not fine; your leisure can be cut short at anytime especially by a phone call whenever there is a crisis on the farm either in the day or night;whenever there is no feed on the farm because the owner is financially tired or the feed companies have short supply, you get the blame....and the most painful thing is you get underpaid while at same time getting jealous farm workers who see you as an obstacle to their 'food'.
Nevertheless, i think in your next job, if you still wish to manage anybody's farm, it is pertinent you define your engagements , management responsibilities and you job roles. All these can appear in a job contract ,or verbal agreement which you can record for posterity. Who does what? what results does the management expect within a time frame? do you think you can deliver and what factors would enhance your performance? would the organization allow for employee's growth and development?

Second, it is also important that you know the vision and mission of a farm firm; their short, medium and long term strategies at achieving their set goals. For example, if a farm wants 20 healthy weaners weighing an average of 9kg every 5weeks, are there adequate feed for the sows? adequate facilities to enable the piglets have equal access to breastfeeding; and where there are some weak piglets would alternative feeding like bottle feeding be made provisions for and at what cost? etc Many farm owners are ignorant and want to make quick , huge profits without investing in the necessary inputs and think farm managers are magicians.

I am sure you cant underestimate the power of keeping records on a farm. it would always guide or rescue you when you do not expect.

Periodic meeting and plan reviews should be encouraged where opportunities to discuss certain issues not earlier foreseen can be handled.
Truth is managing a farm can be very tasking, and you need to be in best elements most often to perform optimally. cheers.

Phew! This is the best comment ever in this thread. You obviously did study animal production or happen to know much about it. You captured everything in 5 paragraphs. Thanks for making my day.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Long Does It Take Get Feedback After Interviews / Bat Graduate Management Trainee, 2011 applicants / Who Else Received This Job Invite?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.