Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

The Principles Of Blowing One's Own Trumpet (review Of Public Opinion) By Ayola. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Principles Of Blowing One's Own Trumpet (review Of Public Opinion) By Ayola. (520 Views)

How To Join Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations, NIPR / The Principles Of Success, Happiness And Greatness / The Principles Of Life That Everyone Knows, But Only A Few Follow-darius Foroux (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Principles Of Blowing One's Own Trumpet (review Of Public Opinion) By Ayola. by hayze(m): 8:02am On Nov 17, 2016
I saw this article on ayola.la I loved it, so i decided to shareit here to.

Read more:

While going developing an article on "writing proposals and CVs". A question came up about if its right to blow one's own trumpet. Is it a good practice to always speak good about oneself? If yes, then how do you do it without seeming proud?

While going developing an article on "writing proposals and CVs". A question came up about if its right to blow one's own trumpet.

Question was:
Is it a good practice to always speak good about oneself? If yes, then how do you do it without seeming proud?

Its not a crime being proud of oneself

"It's awkward not to speak well of oneself... not to give personal appraise." Those are the words of Mr. Patrick Olakunle, saying it's important that we speak well of oneself always. When asked if this won't translate to one being perceived to be proud, he said: "Then its not a crime being proud of oneself. I couldn't agree more.

Modesty is key

"I'd say modesty is key. If it contributes to the point one is trying to make, then it's fine. But if not, there is nothing more repelling than being too full of oneself." - Lawrence Idowu (University of Lagos, Nigeria)

Combination of Speaking Good and Acting Good

"Speaking good of oneself is a good virtue when it is done with all sense of courtesy and honesty; acting good about what one has spoken about is itself a better idea; yet, nothing beats the skillful combination of the duo" - Bello Idris Olakunle (Ikorodu, Lagos; Nigeria)

You cannot give what you do not have

"Most times we confuse confidence for arrogance but it's not supposed to be so. Most times what i say to people is, you cannot to give what you don't have" - Solomon David (Jos, Nigeria). Solomon also said:

Occasion should determine?
"Even the Holy Bible states it, ‘Love thy neighbour as thyself'. This literally means you can’t love you neighbor if you do not love yourself hereby stamping what I said!. Occasionally, its gud 2 blow one's trumpet" says Bibi Olisa (Lagos, Nigeria). Here's the convo that ensued:

Ayoola: "Not every time, right?"

Ayoola: "When's the good time and when is the bad time?" read more and leave a comment on the site http://www.possitt.com/2016/11/the-principles-of-blowing-ones-own.html

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Exclusive Youth Choice Award 2016.. Pls Vote / Structural Engineering Designs And Analysis (ORION) / Are You A Chemistry Graduate Or A Chemical Engineer? Yes? This Is For You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.