Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Decline in .ng And .com.ng Tld registration - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Decline in .ng And .com.ng Tld registration (704 Views)

How Do I Create Wordpress Affiliate And Reward System Like Nnu.ng And Wakanda.ng / Who Enlighten Me The Difference Between (com.ng) And (ng) / Crazy Domain Offer Popular TLD For N2,999/yr - May Awoof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Decline in .ng And .com.ng Tld registration by bizgenius1: 11:58am On Nov 17, 2016
Have noticed that most bloggers and companies based here in nigeria dont use com.ng and .ng they prefer .com and so on,what seem to be the problem? is it that it doesn't rank higher on google or low cpc or am i missing something here?

webmasters and bloggers in the house kindly explain thanks
Re: Decline in .ng And .com.ng Tld registration by Afam4eva(m): 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
They may not like it because they don't want to be tied down to been seen as a Nigerian blog. They probably want their visitors to come from all over.

A TLD in no way interferes with your ranking. The only thing it does it to geo target a particular website. For instance, if you have a .ng or .com.ng website, Google automatically, without you explicitly asking them to, lists your website as a Nigerian site.
Re: Decline in .ng And .com.ng Tld registration by mokoshalb(m): 1:03pm On Nov 17, 2016
OK

Take it from this angle, I personally don't like and won't like to use it...

I sell some service and mostly ebooks on my blog, which sales comes mostly from foreign countries, mostly Brazilians and other unusual countries..
Also foreigners seems to cherish my service and ebooks than my fellows here in 9ja...
If I post to sell a service on my blog, it likely am gonna sell to about 10 foreigners... Nigerians, we dnt trust ourselves... So what the essence of using a naija TLD...?
Re: Decline in .ng And .com.ng Tld registration by twosquare(m): 3:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
mokoshalb:
OK

Take it from this angle, I personally don't like and won't like to use it...

I sell some service and mostly ebooks on my blog, which sales comes mostly from foreign countries, mostly Brazilians and other unusual countries..
Also foreigners seems to cherish my service and ebooks than my fellows here in 9ja...
If I post to sell a service on my blog, it likely am gonna sell to about 10 foreigners... Nigerians, we dnt trust ourselves... So what the essence of using a naija TLD...?
Hi, which payment gateway do you use for your International clients?
Re: Decline in .ng And .com.ng Tld registration by bizgenius1: 4:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
@ afam4eva and mokoshalb your points are noted thanks
Re: Decline in .ng And .com.ng Tld registration by mokoshalb(m): 4:31pm On Nov 17, 2016
twosquare:
Hi, which payment gateway do you use for your International clients?
mostly paypal and sometimes bank for huge payment..
Re: Decline in .ng And .com.ng Tld registration by twosquare(m): 4:55pm On Nov 17, 2016
mokoshalb:
Okay.
Re: Decline in .ng And .com.ng Tld registration by bizgenius1: 5:47pm On Nov 17, 2016
mokoshalb:
do u have a foregn paypal? whch exchanger opened it for you?
Re: Decline in .ng And .com.ng Tld registration by mokoshalb(m): 6:43pm On Nov 17, 2016
bizgenius1:

do u have a foregn paypal? whch exchanger opened it for you?
opened it myself..
Re: Decline in .ng And .com.ng Tld registration by Bigajeff(m): 10:49pm On Nov 17, 2016
.ng especially is too expensive compare to .com
Re: Decline in .ng And .com.ng Tld registration by bizgenius1: 12:23am On Nov 19, 2016
Bigajeff:
.ng especially is too expensive compare to .com

What about .com.ng I guess its the cheapest..
Re: Decline in .ng And .com.ng Tld registration by bizgenius1: 12:24am On Nov 19, 2016
mokoshalb:
opened it myself..

Can u guide me.on that and which country own? How did you verify your address and number?
Re: Decline in .ng And .com.ng Tld registration by mokoshalb(m): 1:01am On Nov 19, 2016
bizgenius1:

Can u guide me.on that and which country own? How did you verify your address and number?
Not free, PM

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Share Our Experience With This Newly Launched Platform— Traffwire / Atm Fraud Alert Please Help / Support Magento 2 Sites With Eye-catching Popup Extension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.