Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,837 members, 7,956,155 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:59 AM

Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? (1830 Views)

Do Christians Have To Go To Church? - Olamide Obire / Why Do Christians Underestimate The Power Of Prayer? / Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by theoneJabulani(m): 10:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
Sometimes I wonder how people remain Christian after reading the bible. Its flaws are so obvious- a character an infallible book should never have. Its like buying a maths textbook and u find 2+2=5, when u no 2 +2=4, will be u keep using it?
Typo modified.
Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by felixomor: 11:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
theoneJabulani:
Sometimes I wonder how people remain Christian after reading the bible. Its flaws are so obvious- a character an infallible book should never have. Its like buying a maths textbook and u find 2+2=4, will u keep using it?

And yet the book remains the best selling religious book of all time with vast critical acclaims.

I guess you are wiser than the whole universe.
Continue, well done.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by eph12(m): 11:09pm On Nov 17, 2016
theoneJabulani:
Sometimes I wonder how people remain Christian after reading the bible. Its flaws are so obvious- a character an infallible book should never have. Its like buying a maths textbook and u find 2+2=4, will u keep using it?
Well 2+2 is actually 4

2 Likes

Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by Dpearlz: 11:12pm On Nov 17, 2016
eph12:

Well 2+2 is actually 4

I was wondering what he was trying to say.

Well, if my maths text book says so then I know it holds only the truth and I will use it.

2 Likes

Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 17, 2016
felixomor:

And yet the book remains the best selling religious book of all time with vast critical acclaims.

I guess you are wiser than the whole universe.
Continue, well done.

The bible isn't the best selling religious book of all time by dint of it's veracity. It's the biggest selling religious book of all time, because it's the foundational book of the most massively subscribed religion.

And if you are well informed about the history of the world you live in, then you'd know why christianity is well subscribed by a large number of the world's population. And you'd realize that it has nothing to do with the validity of it's claims.
Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by felixomor: 11:22pm On Nov 17, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

The bible isn't the best selling religious book of all time by dint of it's veracity. It's the biggest selling religious book of all time, because it's the foundation book of the most massively subscribed religion.

And if you are well informed about the history of the world you live in, then you'd know why christianity is well subscribed by a large number of the world's population. And you'd realize that it has nothing to do with the validity of it's claims.

So which book is the best selling by veracity of its claims?

If u cant answer, it will be a big shame on top of your head.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 17, 2016
Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 17, 2016
felixomor:

So which book is the best selling by veracity of its claims?

If u cant answer, it will be a big shame on top of your head.

First of all, how well a book sells, has nothing to do with the veracity of the contents of a book.
Some books are written for entertainment, while some for enlightenment. Most of the best selling books in history are fiction, and they don't make the kind of claims religious books make, even if they do, the writers don't expect anyone to take them seriously or go so far as tailoring their lives around it.

Veracity means to conform to facts, or to be accurate. We all know that the bible doesn't conform to facts, neither is it historically accurate. The bible is just an anthology of jewish myths, poems and expurgated texts, draped with exegesis.
The bible is ridden with flaws, contradictions and inconsistencies, and hence, doesn't pass the test for veracity.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
theoneJabulani:

I'm not sure what you meant by the "flaws are so obvious" , its more of poor interpretation/translation of texts , or lack of proper understanding of a text etc

Just today I had to explain to someone that "man" is sometimes used to represent the human race in the bible and not male gender only - being unaware of this can one think the text was being addressed to males only therefore spotting a "flaw" .

Anyway , most bible scholars believe the bible is inerrant . Read more on Bible inerrancy here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_inerrancy

While there are some people that believe the bible is not Word of God .

Also note that some people say that the bible stories are allegorical .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:00am On Nov 18, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

We all know that the bible doesn't conform to facts, neither is it historically accurate. The bible is just an anthology of jewish myths, poems and expurgated texts, draped with exegesis.
The bible is ridden with flaws, contradictions and inconsistencies, and hence, doesn't pass the test for veracity.

That's why there is Bible archaeology to put ignorant people like you to shame https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_archaeology

There are so many archaeological discoveries that validate bible stories :

There is now archaeological evidence of Sodom and Gomorrah :https://www.nairaland.com/2674904/pics-archaeologists-discover-city-sodom
There is the unearthed 2,700 Year Old Private Seal Of The Biblical King Hezekiah ! : https://www.nairaland.com/2779265/photos-2700-year-old-private

Jesus has now been proven to have never been married : https://www.nairaland.com/3187004/wow-harvard-professor-reveals-truth

Anyone can visit this site to read exciting discoveries validating biblical stories and cities : www.biblearchaeology.org

Here are top 10 bible archaeology discoveries in 2015 alone : http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/news/top-10-biblical-archaeology-discoveries-in-2015/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by felixomor: 5:37am On Nov 18, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

First of all, how well a book sells, has nothing to do with the veracity of the contents of a book.
Some books are written for entertainment, while some for enlightenment. Most of the best selling books in history are fiction, and they don't make the kind of claims religious books make, even if they do, the writers don't expect anyone to take them seriously or go so far as tailoring their lives around it.

Veracity means to conform to facts, or to be accurate. We all know that the bible doesn't conform to facts, neither is it historically accurate. The bible is just an anthology of jewish myths, poems and expurgated texts, draped with exegesis.

sad Long story!

Shame on u.

Stop talking for the sake of talking

Think before u talk.

4 Likes

Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 18, 2016
felixomor:

sad Long story!

Shame on u.

Stop talking for the sake of talking

Think before u talk.

The kind of tactics people like you use to evade honest discussions is astonishing.

Shame on me for what exactly? What point did you make?
Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

That's why there is Bible archaeology to put ignorant people like you to shame https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_archaeology

There are so many archaeological discoveries that validate bible stories :

There is now archaeological evidence of Sodom and Gomorrah :https://www.nairaland.com/2674904/pics-archaeologists-discover-city-sodom
There is the unearthed 2,700 Year Old Private Seal Of The Biblical King Hezekiah ! : https://www.nairaland.com/2779265/photos-2700-year-old-private

Jesus has now been proven to have never been married : https://www.nairaland.com/3187004/wow-harvard-professor-reveals-truth

Anyone can visit this site to read exciting discoveries validating biblical stories and cities : www.biblearchaeology.org

Here are top 10 bible archaeology discoveries in 2015 alone : http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/news/top-10-biblical-archaeology-discoveries-in-2015/
And I'm sure your christian sites are the standard for unbiased articles.
Let me pull out some historical inaccuracies I know of
* There was no mass census that brought Mary to Bethlehem. The romans were good at recording and the only census happened 6 years after the death of Jesus.
* Herod died long before jesus was even born
* There is no known evidence of Israelites ever becoming slaves to the Egyptians
* No evidence of Noah's flood
* No evidence of tower of Babel
* No evidence for the sun ever standing still(scientific inaccuracies aside).
The bible is filled with lies
Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by felixomor: 9:21am On Nov 18, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

The kind of tactics people like you use to evade honest discussions is astonishing.

Shame on me for what exactly? What point did you make?

For not thinking before making claims.
Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by peacesamuel94(m): 9:27am On Nov 18, 2016
theoneJabulani:

I don't know about you, but where I come from, 2+2=4
Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by Auki: 9:30am On Nov 18, 2016
Dpearlz:

I was wondering what he was trying to say.

Well, if my maths text book says so then I know it holds only the truth and I will use it.

In daily transaction 1+1+1=3
In Church 1+1+1=1Mystery.

Delusion at its very best.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by Splinz(m): 9:56am On Nov 18, 2016
theoneJabulani:

Certainly, I'd keep using it because 2+2 is indeed 4.

However, I'd never have anything to do with whatever nonsense you're inclinged to. If your own book can't even correctly teach you the most simplest of mathematics, then one can't help but feel pity for you. SMH
Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:04am On Nov 18, 2016
Lennycool:

And I'm sure your christian sites are the standard for unbiased articles.
Let me pull out some historical inaccuracies I know of
* There was no mass census that brought Mary to Bethlehem. The romans were good at recording and the only census happened 6 years after the death of Jesus.

If you have Roman archives that disproved such information , present it here for scrutiny . Luke , the author of the Gospel Luke , was a doyen in History , a notable Historian and he had written an account of Christ's life .

* Herod died long before jesus was even born

It is important to note that Luke mentions that the census to which he is referring is the first census taken while Quirinius was governing. This seems to indicate that at the time of writing, the readers would need to distinguish between multiple censuses. Luke specifies that this was the first one.

Additionally, the term used for the ruling of Quirinius in Luke is not specific to a certain position. So, it's quite possible that he held one position at first and then was promoted to the specific position of governor and performed a census then as well.

So, linking the census mentioned by Josephus to this first census that took place when Quirinius was in a position of governing is uncertain at best.

Being 2,000 years removed from this, our historical data and understanding are certainly not what they would have been to first century readers of Luke's account. It is doubtful that Luke would have created such a glaring inconsistency, and if there were one, the readers of that day would surely have raised objection to it and discounted the narrative. Indeed, there were many in that day who would have loved to expose Christianity as false, if given the chance.

Still, there is ample evidence to resolve this apparent discrepency when we pull back from the assumption that there was only one census that must be connected between Josephus and Luke, and we also understand that Luke does not specify a particular position in mentioning the governance of Quirinius.

* There is no known evidence of Israelites ever becoming slaves to the Egyptians

Lack of evidence does not mean an account is false . There was no evidence of the city Troy , it was thought to be fictional until the 19th century . Do you know of putative ancestors in evolution theory ? There are no proofs those ancestors ever existed , they are only assumed to exist in other to fill the massive gaps and false links in the theory .

* No evidence of Noah's flood

No evidence of Noah's flood ? Do you know that most cultures in the world had writings on a disastrous deluge that nearly annihilated mankind?

* No evidence of tower of Babel

Read about Great Ziggurat of Babylon and its destruction by Alexander the Great

* No evidence for the sun ever standing still(scientific inaccuracies aside).

This nonsense has been rebutted so many times

The bible is filled with lies

Lack of evidence of very few stories does not imply mendacity .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by raphieMontella: 12:33pm On Nov 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

If you have Roman archives that disproved such information , present it here for scrutiny . Luke , the author of the Gospel Luke , was a doyen in History , a notable Historian and he had written an account of Christ's life .

It is important to note that Luke mentions that the census to which he is referring is the first census taken while Quirinius was governing. This seems to indicate that at the time of writing, the readers would need to distinguish between multiple censuses. Luke specifies that this was the first one.

Additionally, the term used for the ruling of Quirinius in Luke is not specific to a certain position. So, it's quite possible that he held one position at first and then was promoted to the specific position of governor and performed a census then as well.

So, linking the census mentioned by Josephus to this first census that took place when Quirinius was in a position of governing is uncertain at best.

Being 2,000 years removed from this, our historical data and understanding are certainly not what they would have been to first century readers of Luke's account. It is doubtful that Luke would have created such a glaring inconsistency, and if there were one, the readers of that day would surely have raised objection to it and discounted the narrative. Indeed, there were many in that day who would have loved to expose Christianity as false, if given the chance.

Still, there is ample evidence to resolve this apparent discrepency when we pull back from the assumption that there was only one census that must be connected between Josephus and Luke, and we also understand that Luke does not specify a particular position in mentioning the governance of Quirinius.

Lack of evidence does not mean an account is false . There was no evidence of the city Troy , it was thought to be fictional until the 19th century . Do you know of putative ancestors in evolution theory ? There are no proofs those ancestors ever existed , they are only assumed to exist in other to fill the massive gaps and false links in the theory .

No evidence of Noah's flood ? Do you know that most cultures in the world had writings on a disastrous deluge that nearly annihilated mankind?

na so!

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Smh. You'll go to any lengths to defend your cherished book.
But it is not simply lack of evidence it is contradicting evidence.
Herod died four years before Jesus was even born.
A census never happened till six years after Christ died.
We know all these because the Romans kept very good records.
The sun most certainly cannot stand still and if it did advanced cultures would have surely recorded a fact that great.
Noah's flood is a direct copy of a much older text, so how can it be true? Not to mention the sheer scientific inaccuracy of the entire story.
Lastly defending the tower of babel is the height of delirious thinking.

Your arguments are puerile.
If I had brought all this staggering inaccuracies in say Islam. You would have accepted them as true.
You're biased because you already have the unassailable notion that the bible is fact, despite all evidence to the contrary.
Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by jonbellion(m): 3:19pm On Nov 18, 2016
Lennycool:

Smh. [b]You'll go to any lengths to defend your cherished book.
[/b]But it is not simply lack of evidence it is contradicting evidence.
The sun most certainly cannot stand still and if it did advanced cultures would have surely recorded a fact that great.
Noah's flood is a direct copy of a much older text, so how can it be true? Not to mention the sheer scientific inaccuracy of the entire story.

If I had brought all this staggering inaccuracies in say Islam. You would have accepted them as true.
You're biased because you already have the unassailable notion that the bible is fact, despite all evidence to the contrary.
lol it's called christian apologetics
There are a number of them
Matt slick(his daughter is an atheist now)
Banana manRay comfort
Bible scientistscientist ken ham
PrincessEbukasDairyKingEbukasBlog
William Craig
naijadeywhia?naijadeyhia
Just to name a few
The problem with the apologetic crew is that they never agree on the subject matter
One messed up verse can have different interpretation from each apologist
A good example is the return of jesus Christ when he said things like "this generation would but not pass away", the high priest would see him in the clouds. The first ever apologist was peter when he dismissed the obvious failed prophecy of his return with "a thousand years is like a day before God"
Since him there have been about six different apologists theories(not scientific now grin) one says he was referring to the transfiguration. The first problem is that these Gospels place the transfiguration at different times. In Matthew, it occurs after Jesus made the prediction about his second coming. That might make it seem reasonable to think that it was a fulfillment of the earlier prediction. However, Mark and Luke place the transfiguration event before Jesus made spoke the prophecy. Laying aside the obvious discrepency in timing, we can say for certain that an event occurring before a prediction is made can’t be fulfilling the prediction. The “prediction” wouldn’t be a prediction at all. if apologetics all had the same idea we could actually take them seriously. Not to mention why would God inspire a book and make it hard to decrypt is he just a tricky motherfucker like that undecided undecided... Ooh I forgot this is Yahweh we are talking about grin They also say things like generation meant "race" he was "talking about the Jews" they say. Unfortunately for them when Jesus speaks of the Jews, he does so by saying “Jews”. It’s rather strange that he would speak cryptically in just this one instance. Apologists ehn
How this people are still able to live with this religion with this obvious discrepancy is beyond me
There are apologists for Islam and Mormonism too
They go to great lengths to defend thier religion they end up tripping over themselves in the process

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 18, 2016
jonbellion:
lol it's called christian apologetics
There are a number of them
Matt slick(his daughter is an atheist now)
Ray comfort
Ken ham
PrincessEbukasDairyKingEbukasBlog
William Craig
naijadeywhia?naijadeyhia
Just to name a few
The problem with the apologetic crew is that they never agree on the subject matter
One claim can have different interpretation from each apologist
A good example is the return of jesus Christ when he said things like "this generation would but not pass away", the high priest would see him in the clouds. The first ever apologist was peter when he dismissed the obvious failed prophecy of his return with "a thousand years is like a day before God"
Since him there have been about six different apologists theories(not scientific now grin) one says he was referring to the transfiguration. The first problem is that these Gospels place the transfiguration at different times. In Matthew, it occurs after Jesus made the prediction about his second coming. That might make it seem reasonable to think that it was a fulfillment of the earlier prediction. However, Mark and Luke place the transfiguration event before Jesus made spoke the prophecy. Laying aside the obvious discrepency in timing, we can say for certain that an event occurring before a prediction is made can’t be fulfilling the prediction. The “prediction” wouldn’t be a prediction at all. if apologetics all had the same idea we could actually take them seriously. Not to mention why would God inspire a book and make it hard to decrypt is just just a tricky motherfucker like that undecided undecided. They also say things like generation meant "race" he was "talking about the Jews" they say. Unfortunately for them when Jesus speaks of the Jews, he does so by saying “Jews”. It’s rather strange that he would speak cryptically in just this one instance. Apologists ehn
How this people are still able to live with this religion with this obvious discrepancy is beyond me
There are apologists for Islam and Mormonism too
They go to great lengths to defend thier religion they end up tripping over themselves in the process
All Gods are a product of human ignorance. In the past the Greeks thought Helios and his flaming chariot brought the sun, earthquakes and floods were caused by Poseidon. But now science has proven these Gods as false idols and soon it will prove all Gods as false idols. DNA and the complexity of the universe will soon not be attributed to God.
Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by jonbellion(m): 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2016
Christian apologists grin

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by achorladey: 5:09pm On Nov 18, 2016
Please the Bible is not meant for the intellectual. The author of the Bible wrote it for those who are having the right heart attitude towards it. It only those having that right attitude that will fully discern its contents.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by achorladey: 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2016
Many books written or authored are majorly addressed towards the intellectuals but for someone to author a book for only those having the right heart motivation, it can only come from the creator of the universe.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by Wilgrea7(m): 5:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
i like all these atheist Christian clashes... especially when naijadeyhere and daddy ebuka is involved.. i have so much to learn
Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by theoneJabulani(m): 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2016
Splinz:

Certainly, I'd keep using it because 2+2 is indeed 4.

However, I'd never have anything to do with whatever nonsense you're inclinged to. If your own book can't even correctly teach you the most simplest of mathematics, then one can't help but feel pity for you. SMH
Pardon the error, go back and read the op again
Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by theoneJabulani(m): 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2016
GE 1:3-5 On the first day, God created light, then separated light and darkness. GE 1:14-19 The sun (which separates night and day) wasn't created until the fourth day. GE 1:11-12 , 26-27 Trees were created before man was created. GE 2:4-9 Man was created before trees were created. GE 1:20-21 , 26-27 Birds were created before man was created. GE 2:7 , 19 Man was created before birds were created. GE 1:24-27 Animals were created before man was created. GE 2:7 , 19 Man was created before animals were created. GE 1:26 Man is to have dominion over fish, birds, cattle, and all wild animals, yet-- GE 2:15-17 It is wrong to be able to tell good from evil, right from wrong. GE 1:26-27 Man and woman were created at the same time. GE 2:7 , 21-22 Man was created first, woman sometime later. GE 1:28 God encourages reproduction. LE 12:1-8 God requires purification rites following childbirth which, in effect, makes childbirth a sin. (Note: The period for purification following the birth of a daughter is twice that for a son.) GE 1:31 God was pleased with his creation. GE 6:5-6 God was not pleased with his creation. (Note: That God should be displeased is inconsistent with the concept of omniscience as well as with the fact that God allegedly does not change his mind: NU 23:19-20 , 1SA 15:29 , JA 1:17 .) GE 2:4 , 4:26 , 12:8 , 22:14-16 , 26:25 God was already known as "the Lord" (Jahveh or Jehovah) much earlier than the time of Moses. EX 6:2-3 God was first known as "the Lord" (Jahveh or Jehovah) at the time of the Egyptian Bondage, during the life of Moses. GE 2:17 Adam was to die the very day that he ate the forbidden fruit. GE 5:5 Adam lived 930 years. GE 2:15-17 , 3:4-6 It is wrong to want to be able to tell good from evil. HE 5:13-14 It is immature to be unable to tell good from evil. GE 4:4-5 God prefers Abel's offering and has no regard for Cain's. 2CH 19:7 , AC 10:34 , RO 2:11 God shows no partiality. He treats all alike. GE 4:9 God asks Cain where his brother Able is. PR 15:3 , JE 16:17 , 23:24-25 , HE 4:13 God is everywhere. He sees everything. Nothing is hidden from his view. GE 4:15 , DT 32:19-27 , IS 34:8 God is a vengeful god. EX 15:3 , IS 42:13 , HE 12:29 God is a warrior. God is a consuming fire. EX 20:5 , 34:14 , DT 4:24 , 5:9 , 6:15 , 29:20 , 32:21 God is a jealous god. LE 26:7-8 , NU 31:17-18 , DT 20:16-17 , JS 10:40 , JG 14:19 , EZ 9:5-7 The Spirit of God is (sometimes) murder and killing. NU 25:3-4 , DT 6:15 , 9:7-8 , 29:20 , 32:21 , PS 7:11 , 78:49 , JE 4:8 , 17:4 , 32:30-31 , ZP 2:2 God is angry. His anger is sometimes fierce. 2SA 22:7-8 (KJV) "I called to the Lord; ... he heard my voice; ... The earth trembled and quaked, ... because he was angry. Smoke came from his nostrils. Consuming fire came from his mouth, burning coals blazed out of it." EZ 6:12 , NA 1:2 , 6 God is jealous and furious. He reserves wrath for, and takes revenge on, his enemies. "... who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? His fury is poured out like fire, and rocks are thrown down by him." 2CO 13:11 , 14 , 1JN 4:8 , 16 God is love. GA 5:22-23 The fruit of the Spirit of God is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:03pm On Nov 18, 2016
Lennycool:

All Gods are a product of human ignorance. In the past the Greeks thought Helios and his flaming chariot brought the sun, earthquakes and floods were caused by Poseidon. But now science has proven these Gods as false idols and soon it will prove all Gods as false idols. DNA and the complexity of the universe will soon not be attributed to God.

https://www.nairaland.com/3468757/logical-fallacies-richard-dawkins/3#51112713

Can you provide proof that God does not exist ?
Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:07pm On Nov 18, 2016
theoneJabulani:
GE 1:3-5 On the first day, God created light, then separated light and
darkness.
GE 1:14-19 The sun (which separates night and day) wasn't created
until the fourth day.
GE 1:11-12 , 26-27 Trees were created before man was created.
GE 2:4-9 Man was created before trees were created.
GE 1:20-21 , 26-27 Birds were created before man was created.
GE 2:7 , 19 Man was created before birds were created.
GE 1:24-27 Animals were created before man was created.
GE 2:7 , 19 Man was created before animals were created.
GE 1:26 Man is to have dominion over fish, birds, cattle, and all wild
animals, yet--
GE 2:15-17 It is wrong to be able to tell good from evil, right from
wrong.
GE 1:26-27 Man and woman were created at the same time.
GE 2:7 , 21-22 Man was created first, woman sometime later.
GE 1:28 God encourages reproduction.
LE 12:1-8 God requires purification rites following childbirth which, in
effect, makes childbirth a sin. (Note: The period for purification
following the birth of a daughter is twice that for a son.)
GE 1:31 God was pleased with his creation.
GE 6:5-6 God was not pleased with his creation.
(Note: That God should be displeased is inconsistent with the concept
of omniscience as well as with the fact that God allegedly does not
change his mind: NU 23:19-20 , 1SA 15:29 , JA 1:17 .)
GE 2:4 , 4:26 , 12:8 , 22:14-16 , 26:25 God was already known as "the
Lord" (Jahveh or Jehovah) much earlier than the time of Moses.
EX 6:2-3 God was first known as "the Lord" (Jahveh or Jehovah) at
the time of the Egyptian Bondage, during the life of Moses.
GE 2:17 Adam was to die the very day that he ate the forbidden fruit.
GE 5:5 Adam lived 930 years.
GE 2:15-17 , 3:4-6 It is wrong to want to be able to tell good from
evil.
HE 5:13-14 It is immature to be unable to tell good from evil.
GE 4:4-5 God prefers Abel's offering and has no regard for Cain's.
2CH 19:7 , AC 10:34 , RO 2:11 God shows no partiality. He treats all
alike.
GE 4:9 God asks Cain where his brother Able is.
PR 15:3 , JE 16:17 , 23:24-25 , HE 4:13 God is everywhere. He sees
everything. Nothing is hidden from his view.
GE 4:15 , DT 32:19-27 , IS 34:8 God is a vengeful god.
EX 15:3 , IS 42:13 , HE 12:29 God is a warrior. God is a consuming
fire.
EX 20:5 , 34:14 , DT 4:24 , 5:9 , 6:15 , 29:20 , 32:21 God is a jealous god.
LE 26:7-8 , NU 31:17-18 , DT 20:16-17 , JS 10:40 , JG 14:19 , EZ 9:5-7
The Spirit of God is (sometimes) murder and killing.
NU 25:3-4 , DT 6:15 , 9:7-8 , 29:20 , 32:21 , PS 7:11 , 78:49 , JE 4:8 , 17:4 ,
32:30-31 , ZP 2:2 God is angry. His anger is sometimes fierce.
2SA 22:7-8 (KJV) "I called to the Lord; ... he heard my voice; ... The
earth trembled and quaked, ... because he was angry. Smoke came
from his nostrils. Consuming fire came from his mouth, burning coals
blazed out of it."
EZ 6:12 , NA 1:2 , 6 God is jealous and furious. He reserves wrath for,
and takes revenge on, his enemies. "... who can abide in the
fierceness of his anger? His fury is poured out like fire, and rocks are
thrown down by him."
2CO 13:11 , 14 , 1JN 4:8 , 16 God is love.
GA 5:22-23 The fruit of the Spirit of God is love, joy, peace, patience,
kindness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

This is the problem with the atheists on these forum. All these have been rebutted ad nauseum .

You guys just go to the internet without actually understanding what is contradicting what , or what context , just copy and regurgitate .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

https://www.nairaland.com/3468757/logical-fallacies-richard-dawkins/3#51112713

Can you provide proof that God does not exist ?
You can't provide proof that Zeus or Odin or Aphrodite or Santa clause or leprechauns don't exist. Yet I'm sure you believe firmly that they don't.
I can't prove that there's not a fat man watching Netflix on mars, yet we will all agree that there is non.
You made an outstanding claim, so you should provide equally outstanding evidence. Not me.
So prove with evidence that your God exist
Re: Do Christians Actually Read The Bible? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:16pm On Nov 18, 2016
Lennycool:

Smh. You'll go to any lengths to defend your cherished book.
But it is not simply lack of evidence it is contradicting evidence.

Like I said , Luke was a notable Historian like Josephus , and he gave a reliable account of Jesus' life on earth . If you have archives of Roman History that controverts Luke's account of Jesus life , please bring it here for scrutiny .

I'm sure you say the phrase "the sun has risen" sometimes . undecided

Can you provide proof that Noah's flood account is a facsimile of an older text ? You also committed the post hoc fallacy - because the bible's account of flood came after an older text therefore the bible's account must have copied it .

Logical fallacy : pooh pooh

It is fallacious to dismiss someone's argument as foolish

Logical fallacy : pooh pooh

I am yet to see this contrary evidence that controverts the veracity of bible stories .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will God Bless President Trump For Moving Embassy To Jerusalem? / Two Creation Stories In The Book Of genesis / The Little Girl Who Never Knew Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.