Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Why Is Wedding Ring Placed On 4th Finger? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is Wedding Ring Placed On 4th Finger? (899 Views)

Woman's Wedding Ring Refuses To Be Removed, Finger Set To Be Cut - Facebook User / Married Women Reveal Shocking Reasons Why They Take Off Their Wedding Ring / Is Wedding Necessary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Wedding Ring Placed On 4th Finger? by I888(m): 3:17am On Nov 18, 2016
Yeah, you are married, You wanna get married, You ARE gonna get married; why is the wedding ring placed on the 4th finger?
Re: Why Is Wedding Ring Placed On 4th Finger? by Nobody: 4:23am On Nov 18, 2016
I suspect it's got something to do with freemasonry or ancient idolatry. It's a European culture after all.
Re: Why Is Wedding Ring Placed On 4th Finger? by Acidosis(m): 6:24am On Nov 18, 2016
^^

Idolatry

1 Like

Re: Why Is Wedding Ring Placed On 4th Finger? by sisisioge: 7:28am On Nov 18, 2016
It is because there is a connecting vein abi na artery between the fourth finger and the heart. I once read it somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Wedding Ring Placed On 4th Finger? by Ishilove: 8:54am On Nov 18, 2016
sisisioge:
It is because there is a connecting vein abi na artery between the fourth finger and the heart. I once read it somewhere.
But it doesn't stop cheats from cheating.
Re: Why Is Wedding Ring Placed On 4th Finger? by sisisioge: 8:59am On Nov 18, 2016
Ishilove:

But it doesn't stop cheats from cheating.

No...it doesn't stop the cheats but the loyals take it to heart. In fact, I know a guy that doesn't even wear his but is true to her to the core. God help us choose right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Wedding Ring Placed On 4th Finger? by JoeBlocks(m): 10:30am On Nov 18, 2016
I888:
Yeah, you are married, You wanna get married, You ARE gonna get married; why is the wedding ring placed on the 4th finger?
Who cares
Re: Why Is Wedding Ring Placed On 4th Finger? by Fkforyou(m): 11:49am On Nov 18, 2016
I don't know.

I'm not married but I'm putting on a ring and it's on my 4th finger. Instincts I guess.
Re: Why Is Wedding Ring Placed On 4th Finger? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2016
Because it is what the superior oyinbos said you should do. Live with it.
Re: Why Is Wedding Ring Placed On 4th Finger? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 18, 2016
sisisioge:

Correct. It was a belief held by the Greeks and Romans. They called it vena amoris = vein of love.

OP, you could have just used a search engine. We live in the 21st century, not the Dark Ages.
Re: Why Is Wedding Ring Placed On 4th Finger? by Aeman(m): 2:57pm On Nov 18, 2016
I888:
when a priest wed two ppl he weds dem in the name of the father son and of the holyspirit then they say Amennn this shows that they have accepted the Amen finger naw s the third finger. KabBish!?...

(1) (Reply)

Ay's Emotional Birthday Message To Daughter. / Cutest Family in Town / Top 10 Countries Where Government Beg Citizens To Have Many Children, See No. 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.