Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

BUHARI AND EDUCATION : Northern Governors sacrificing Education for mosques - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BUHARI AND EDUCATION : Northern Governors sacrificing Education for mosques (994 Views)

Fayose Berates 7 Northern Governors For Endorsing Buhari For 2019 / Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills / Northern Governors Receive Osinbajo As He Land In Kaduna 4 Buhari's PA's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BUHARI AND EDUCATION : Northern Governors sacrificing Education for mosques by IkpuMmadu: 7:03am On Nov 18, 2016
The Northern part of Nigeria certainly is the most backward part of the nation. The region remains the major reservoir for Polio, illiteracy, poverty, religious crisis and other problems which has remained with it overtime. These vices are undoubtedly connected to the low level of education in the region. It therefore becomes instructive to anyone wishing to develop the region to massively invest in education.

Ironically, citizens from the Northern part of Nigeria had the opportunity of ruling the nation for the larger part of the post-Independence era but it never impacted in the fortunes of the region. Goodluck Jonathan was determined to make a difference. He identified the pivotal need of education in the region and invested heavily in the sector. He formulated the Almajiri system of education and built about 157 special schools for the Almajiris who had been used to living like wild animals. Suddenly, a ray of hope emerged for the region.

Despite this strategic move, he was massively voted and rigged out in this same region he so invested in. The Northern citizens voted for a man they followed with an almost cult-like attendance. All over the North, it was SAI BABA!!
A question now beggars an answer…. What is Buhari’s tangential policy for education in Nigeria……nay in NORTHERN NIGERIA. What has been the fate of the Almajiri special education system?? Is it being improved?? Has the enrolment increased?? Is it still being mentioned?? The truth is this: the schools have been abandoned and the Almajiri urchins are back on the streets begging for food. Alas!! A whole generation is being wasted away. Sadly, a Northern Governor of Jigawa state who pointedly said that the Almajiri schools were too expensive to maintain hence the abandonment now prefers building NINETY MOSQUES!!

I often wonder what the problem of Northern Nigeria is….. They love holding power yet have no idea what to do with it. Buhari now sits in Aso Rock yet has NO SINGLE POLICY aimed at tackling the number one problem of Northern Nigeria which is MASS ILLITERACY. What value is the power to them if they have no idea what to do with it?? By the next election, the mass Zombieism would happen once more and the North would still angst for power. It’s simply a vicious cycle.

The North is simply a huge liability for Nigeria. May God help them.

By Fatade Bamidele

https://etimesafrica./2016/11/18/buhari-and-education-northern-governors-sacrificing-education-for-mosques/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BUHARI AND EDUCATION : Northern Governors sacrificing Education for mosques by SexyNairalander: 7:11am On Nov 18, 2016
yet the northerners hold so many position in nigeria

meanwhile

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI AND EDUCATION : Northern Governors sacrificing Education for mosques by otukpo(f): 7:18am On Nov 18, 2016
Let them continue, Tomorrow, they would blame the South for their woes.

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI AND EDUCATION : Northern Governors sacrificing Education for mosques by firstking01(m): 7:34am On Nov 18, 2016
I just thankGod i'm a christian...qoute me and recieve the bashing of your life.

1 Like

Re: BUHARI AND EDUCATION : Northern Governors sacrificing Education for mosques by CoolFreeday(m): 7:35am On Nov 18, 2016
where in the north have you been to? don't make conclusion from the comfort of your room.
Most of the almajiris and beggers you see in the north are not Nigerians. Our northern people are mostly learned and quite sincere but the people coming in from chad, Benin, etc are the problem. Our border in the north is very large and open with little or no check by those who are suppose to do so. Take BH for instance, Most of their members are not Nigerians. If GEJ built schools for them, how many of them were they able to get into the schools.
Is it PMB's time that almajiris and beggers started flooding the streets of the north?
Niger Deltans and the easter people voted massively for Jonathan but the question is what did Jonathan do for them when in power?
Don't politicise everything, Nigeria is a big state and our problems are enormous and diverse with corrupt politicians adding more to it.

1 Like

Re: BUHARI AND EDUCATION : Northern Governors sacrificing Education for mosques by IkpuMmadu: 8:18am On Nov 18, 2016
CoolFreeday:
where in the north have you been to? don't make conclusion from the comfort of your room.
Most of the almajiris and beggers you see in the north are not Nigerians. Our northern people are mostly learned and quite sincere but the people coming in from chad, Benin, etc are the problem. Our border in the north is very large and open with little or no check by those who are suppose to do so. Take BH for instance, Most of their members are not Nigerians. If GEJ built schools for them, how many of them were they able to get into the schools.
Is it PMB's time that almajiris and beggers started flooding the streets of the north?
Niger Deltans and the easter people voted massively for Jonathan but the question is what did Jonathan do for them when in power?
Don't politicise everything, Nigeria is a big state and our problems are enormous and diverse with corrupt politicians adding more to it.
hi

As of 1960s the whole sec school in north is 89
The same time n the south the whole school is 896

Which region said education is evil...what the meaning of Boko Haram again ?

Which region gives out small kids a early as 12 for marriage ?

Which region refused to have their kids immunised ?

Which kids still practise he old and archaic ways of agriculture which is nomadic lifestyle agriculture aka cattle rearing ?

Which region has the lowest cut off mark ?

Which region has the lowest entrance and performances in WAEC and neco exams ?

Answer : Northern Nigerian
Reason : because they have aversion to education
Causes : low development and mental reasoning
Suggestions: they should eschew bigotry and stop giving flimsy excuses for their backwardness

NB

Jonathan didn't do anything for the south, I agree but he gave the Igbo international airport in Enugu

We still have our brains functioning...we can't forget the good thing

Jonathan brought sanity in creeks then untill now

I will advise the north to go and have a rethink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BUHARI AND EDUCATION : Northern Governors sacrificing Education for mosques by sekamykome(m): 8:45am On Nov 18, 2016
Mr. Freddy, what do you mean by saying that the almajiris we see on the streets of kaduna are all from without Nigeria, that insinuation speaks less of your intellectual prowess, if something is right lets say its right, if it is wrong then it is wrong, are you happy with the way this country is being managed? even if the so called almajiri schools are not catering for the people the idea was initially targeted, are these schools not within a locality, they can of course be converted to LEA schools are students would be thought there, I have personally been in some nooks of the North, there are children that trek kilometers to attend school. A man comes and say funding the schools and running them is expensive and a supposed educated human being comes online and support him, I wonder how on earth this country can grow when we think the way you just thought, and you do not see anything wrong with that same governor sending his kids to private schools, the mosques that were already in existence in the state were built by him i suppose....... Please lets think as human beings first.
CoolFreeday:

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI AND EDUCATION : Northern Governors sacrificing Education for mosques by Ahmeduana(m): 10:05am On Nov 18, 2016
firstking01:
I just thankGod i'm a christian...qoute me and recieve the bashing of your life.
INDEED, YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN!
Re: BUHARI AND EDUCATION : Northern Governors sacrificing Education for mosques by sarrki(m): 10:10am On Nov 18, 2016
firstking01:

Christianity don't take anyone to heaven

Our good deed does
Re: BUHARI AND EDUCATION : Northern Governors sacrificing Education for mosques by CoolFreeday(m): 12:17pm On Nov 18, 2016
sekamykome:
Mr. Freddy, what do you mean by saying that the almajiris we see on the streets of kaduna are all from without Nigeria, that insinuation speaks less of your intellectual prowess, if something is right lets say its right, if it is wrong then it is wrong, are you happy with the way this country is being managed? even if the so called almajiri schools are not catering for the people the idea was initially targeted, are these schools not within a locality, they can of course be converted to LEA schools are students would be thought there, I have personally been in some nooks of the North, there are children that trek kilometers to attend school. A man comes and say funding the schools and running them is expensive and a supposed educated human being comes online and support him, I wonder
how on earth this country can grow when we think the way you just thought, and you do not see anything wrong with that same governor sending his kids to private schools, the mosques that were already in existence in the state were built by him i suppose....... Please lets think as human beings first.

You're saying a different thing now! Of cause everything is wrong with governors and local govt chairmen that are suppose to be in charge of primary education, sending their children outside and leaving our system unimproved but that wasn't your initial argument.
your initial argument was that PMB didn't. care about education of the children on the street, forgetting the fact that the school feeding programme of this government is am incentive to encourage this children to actually go to school.
I am thinking like human and a sound one for that matter, it was you who was one sided-and bias in your initial write up.
Re: BUHARI AND EDUCATION : Northern Governors sacrificing Education for mosques by CoolFreeday(m): 12:24pm On Nov 18, 2016
IkpuMmadu:
hi

As of 1960s the whole sec school in north is 89
The same time n the south the whole school is 896

Which region said education is evil...what the meaning of Boko Haram again ?

Which region gives out small kids a early as 12 for marriage ?

Which region refused to have their kids immunised ?

Which kids still practise he old and archaic ways of agriculture which is nomadic lifestyle agriculture aka cattle rearing ?

Which region has the lowest cut off mark ?

Which region has the lowest entrance and performances in WAEC and neco exams ?

Answer : Northern Nigerian
Reason : because they have aversion to education
Causes : low development and mental reasoning
Suggestions: they should eschew bigotry and stop giving flimsy excuses for their backwardness

NB

Jonathan didn't do anything for the south, I agree but he gave the Igbo international airport in Enugu

We still have our brains functioning...we can't forget the good thing

Jonathan brought sanity in creeks then untill now

I will advise the north to go and have a rethink

I don't argue with people that are one sided and bias in their reasoning!
Believe whatever you wanna, its your choice but the fact still remains and you can't change that.
Re: BUHARI AND EDUCATION : Northern Governors sacrificing Education for mosques by Blue3k(m): 12:27pm On Nov 18, 2016
These are facts the north is the laggard region. Even in economic out put they are lowest per capita, GDP and IGR. The fact Jigawa state is building 90 mosques shows the incompetent state of their government.

This is why fiscal federalism is required. We don't need to be transferring wealth to pointless endeavors to unproductive states. Let then do their projects with their own tax bases money.

Re: BUHARI AND EDUCATION : Northern Governors sacrificing Education for mosques by sarrki(m): 12:29pm On Nov 18, 2016
Blue3k:
These are facts the north is the laggard region. Even in economic out put they are lowest per capita, GDP and IGR. The fact Jigawa state is building 90 mosques shows the incompetent state of their government.

This is why fiscal federalism is required. We don't need to be transferring wealth to pointless endeavors to unproductive states. Let then do their projects with their own tax bases money.

The wise one have spoken

N so shall it be
Re: BUHARI AND EDUCATION : Northern Governors sacrificing Education for mosques by Blue3k(m): 12:31pm On Nov 18, 2016
CoolFreeday:

I don't argue with people that are one sided and bias in their reasoning!
Believe whatever you wanna, its your choice but the fact still remains and you can't change that.

Nothing he listed seems to be untrue. If we at literacy rates and exam scores we can see hes not lying. The immunized rates are lower in north as well. Check the stats before shouting bias. I personally want to see north improve. This will get us closer to being real regional hegemony in West Africa.

http://nigeria.opendataforafrica.org/
Re: BUHARI AND EDUCATION : Northern Governors sacrificing Education for mosques by OZAOEKPE(f): 12:44pm On Nov 18, 2016
Religion(islam) is our major set back, when we place religion above common sense, development suffers......
Re: BUHARI AND EDUCATION : Northern Governors sacrificing Education for mosques by drss2(m): 12:53pm On Nov 18, 2016
CoolFreeday:
dont play coy with us with dis ur lame excuses to defend northern backwardness. it is on record dat northern elites resisted british attempt to build skools in northern nigeria during colonial rule for reasons best known to dem
wen u talk of almajiri population, it is also on record dat northern elites use population as a potent tool for political purposes. high population means more political control for northern elites. they also used their ova bloated population figures to get more revenues from federation account. d so called chadians n nigierians u claim ar flooding d north ar actually brough in by northern elites. i have seen situations were during elections, strange faces never seen before ar litered every wia in d streets pretending to be yan-goyin (commercial motor cycles). why ar they brought in during election period u already know d answer.
funy enough, while northern elites flood their region with high poulation through birth rate n illegal immigration, they ar doing notin in terms of infrastructure eg building more skools to cater for their growing population.
d north is a HUGE liability to nigeria.
Re: BUHARI AND EDUCATION : Northern Governors sacrificing Education for mosques by CoolFreeday(m): 1:44pm On Nov 18, 2016
drss2:
dont play coy with us with dis ur lame excuses to defend northern backwardness. it is on record dat northern elites resisted british attempt to build skools in northern nigeria during colonial rule for reasons best known to dem
wen u talk of almajiri population, it is also on record dat northern elites use population as a potent tool for political purposes. high population means more political control for northern elites. they also used their ova bloated population figures to get more revenues from federation account. d so called chadians n nigierians u claim ar flooding d north ar actually brough in by northern elites. i have seen situations were during elections, strange faces never seen before ar litered every wia in d streets pretending to be yan-goyin (commercial motor cycles). why ar they brought in during election period u already know d answer.
funy enough, while northern elites flood their region with high poulation through birth rate n illegal immigration, they ar doing notin in terms of infrastructure eg building more skools to cater for their growing population.
d north is a HUGE liability to nigeria.

funny! Aside Lagos, which state is more developed in terms of infrastructure that you're talking about more than a northern state.
Am not here to defend northern elites because Nigerian elites are all the same.
every part of Nigeria is backward as far as am concern, look at ways of improving your area and stop pointing unnecessary accusing finger. With the trillions pump to ND, what can they show for it, the same elites in that area shared the money among themselves.
PMB is trying his best and we that voted him are OK with him

(1) (Reply)

Delta Capital Shining Like Daimond At Night Under Gov Okowa Smart Agenda By Oss / Breaking News: Pdp Alleges That Apc Is Planning To Burn Inec Office In Edo State / N500 Million Meant To Rebuild Chibok School May Have Been Diverted – Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.