Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,369 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. (15018 Views)

50% Return On Beans Cultivation / Senate Seeks Ban On Importation Of Palm Oil Into Nigeria / Tubers Of Yam Being Packaged For Exportation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by agronewsng(m): 9:15am On Nov 18, 2016
The Director General, National Agency for Food and Drug Control (NAFDAC), Dr. Yetunde Oni, has stated that the ban placed on exportation of beans by the European Union due to its claim of being substandard and poisonous has been lifted for the next three years by the union.

Speaking during the visit of the Senate Health Committee to the agency, she said this was made possible because the agency has put in place strategic attempt to improvise locally made products in other to suit both local and international demand.

“We are putting our best as an institution to ensure that all leakages are blocked, and we are also ensuring that next year will be better than this year because we have put a lot of strategies in place,” she added.

While calling for the circulating of counterfeit drug to be traced to the activities at the country borders, Oni pleaded with the health committee to facilitate NAFDAC’s return to the border to carry out their duties in order to ensure that counterfeit products were seized from entering the country.

“The unwholesome product coming into the country comes through porous active border post, and NAFDAC is not at the ports. We are not aware of what is entering into the country. Although we have a strong relationship with the customs and we are always invited to perform our roles, but being at the port used to be the case in the past. We want the Ministry of Health to help us look into it,” she said.

On his part, the Senate Health Committee Chairman, Senator OlanrewajuTejuosho said the health facility tour of various institutions, including NAFDAC was to prepare and ensure a better budget preparation against 2017.

He said 2016 budget suffered a lot of paddling as a result of impromptu preparation of the budget which was planned within two to three weeks.

He lamented that products under exporting ban were negatively affecting the country as income to be generated from exporting were meant to boost the financial situation of the country.

He called on NAFDAC to ensure that products for exporting meet international standard as this would also increase the inflow of foreign exchange into the country.

Source; http://agronewsng.com/news/eu-lifts-another-three-year-ban-on-beans-exportation/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by Adex001(m): 9:21am On Nov 18, 2016
beans wey nnever reach us chop... nawa oo

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by BlackMbakara1(m): 9:30am On Nov 18, 2016
Please EU ban us, we don't have it sufficient as it's not cheap.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by princetom1(m): 11:10am On Nov 18, 2016
Please make dem ban us o. Nigeria is the worstest place to use market forces to determine price.

12 Likes

Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by PapaBrowne(m): 11:18am On Nov 18, 2016
Pretty good news. I hope those pouring so much pesticides to preserve beans can finally stop the nonsense.

I had an export request for 10 containers of beans but had to turn it down due to the ban.

Truth be told, because of the weak naira, it is increasingly becoming attractive for export$. The problem is we have a government that barely understands that there can be benefits from a weak naira.
Let me just give an example using say a bag of Dangote cement. Let's assume the price of a bag of Dangote cement is N2000. When the exchange rate was 200 Naira to the $, that bag of cement would be equivalent to $10. At the current rate of of N450 to the $, that same bag of cement is less than $5. That means Dangote cement would become attractive in countries Where cement sells at $10. So Dangote can set his export price at $7 and his product would be really attractive despite his making a $2 premium.

This same narrative applies to literally all products whose entire inputs are locally sourced.
The big benefit of this is increased production which would automatically translate to more jobs. The other big benefit is increased Forex which should help stabilize the fluctuating Naira. Take note, I said stabilize, not strengthen.

The problem though is we have a direction less government that has no understanding of even the most basic form Of rudimentary economics.

But the sad reality is we

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by kingreign(m): 11:41am On Nov 18, 2016
princetom1:
Please make dem ban us o. Nigeria is the worstest place to use market forces to determine price.
lipsrsealed
Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by veekid(m): 12:22pm On Nov 18, 2016

Buhari sef
Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by hushshinani(m): 12:22pm On Nov 18, 2016
k
Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by Oblitz(m): 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2016
yeah, good news!

check out my signature for amazing pictures of stamped concrete from the boss in the business!

Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by Sinciddy: 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2016
Another win for the people of God. I just hope Lai Muhammed and gang of lying liars do not come and claim glory for this
Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by henrydadon(m): 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2016
grin

we send una before. beans way never reach us chop

abeg

[img]http://i./gtJKKa3I3yJsA.gif[/img]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by wildchild1: 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2016
Good news

Check my signature
Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2016
Beans wey never reach us wey rice and beans dey compete for price
Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by Deepfreezer(m): 12:24pm On Nov 18, 2016
These are the kind of venture the federal government should support. I don't know if they use crude oil swear for Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by iykeism(m): 12:24pm On Nov 18, 2016
We hav not chop the one we have finish we want to send to people to chop... let's chop our beans joor
Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by Bigajeff(m): 12:25pm On Nov 18, 2016
Phaseolous Vulgaris
Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by Guyman02: 12:25pm On Nov 18, 2016
Lifting the ban after the FG had declared that so much grains are being exported out of the country that could lead to famine next year. Who EU don epp?
They should keep the ban jare so that the price of beans will come down in our markets.
Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by MrMcJay(m): 12:25pm On Nov 18, 2016
princetom1:

You should be sacrificed to appease the god of foolishness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by ibroh22(m): 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2016
ok o
Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by tolexy007(m): 12:27pm On Nov 18, 2016
undecided beans wey never reach chop, dem wan dey export am again undecided
Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by efilefun(m): 12:27pm On Nov 18, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:27pm On Nov 18, 2016
That's good. I hope lesson(s) have been learnt by the appropriate authority regarding this development.
Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by CXLVII: 12:27pm On Nov 18, 2016
Good one!

Obiano can now start full exportation of $5,000,000,000 Ugwu leaf grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by LieDetector(m): 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2016
Seems they've run out of beans. They are ready to import beans from any source.

Mek them calm down. Our beans is poisonous right? We like it like that. Hunger don dey wire dem small small.

2 Likes

Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by Betty1899: 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2016
Good news finally
Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by fineyemi(m): 12:29pm On Nov 18, 2016
I still dey find ewa oloyin. where I go see am. E b like say nah the ewa oloyin FG dey export.

2 Likes

Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by Btruth: 12:33pm On Nov 18, 2016
Good news for the exporters on beans.
Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by Kingbuhari(m): 12:40pm On Nov 18, 2016
we don't even have much to eat, yet we are here begging them to lift the ban, Buhari is incompetent... we need food security... if there is sufficient of food in the market with low price believe me nobody will think of committing crime...Nigeria once ranked one of the happiest country in the world few months ago... now we are the saddest in the world... courtesy of duara dullard buhari

1 Like

Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by gen2briz(m): 12:42pm On Nov 18, 2016
Kingsweb37:

Why don't you change you way.... Change You way now.
Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by ashjay001(m): 12:49pm On Nov 18, 2016
PapaBrowne:
Pretty good news. I hope those pouring so much pesticides to preserve beans can finally stop the nonsense.

I had an export request for 10 containers of beans but had to turn it down due to the ban.

Truth be told, because of the weak naira, it is increasingly becoming attractive for export$. The problem is we have a government that barely understands that there can be benefits from a weak naira.
Let me just give an example using say a bag of Dangote cement. Let's assume the price of a bag of Dangote cement is N2000. When the exchange rate was 200 Naira to the $, that bag of cement would be equivalent to $10. At the current rate of of N450 to the $, that same bag of cement is less than $5. That means Dangote cement would become attractive in countries Where cement sells at $10. So Dangote can set his export price at $7 and his product would be really attractive despite his making a $2 premium.

What benefit to the common man? Cement bcomes scarce n expensive, as Dangote prefers to export at $7 than local sell of $5! Or that d farmers prefer to sell their beans to u(exporter) at 10k/bag than take it to d market for me to buy at 7k/bag!

Any which way, d masses are in for it! The FG just complained abt grains fir local consumption being exported! we get our scarce dollars(forex), but have to also pay thru d nose to eat!
Re: EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. by Skmoda360(m): 12:57pm On Nov 18, 2016
BlackMbakara1:
Please EU ban us, we don't have it sufficient as it's not cheap.

grin grin you right

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Is World’s Largest Producer Of Yam In FAO Ranking ― FG / Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil / Updated - How To Construct a Snail House for Snail Farming Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.