Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,750 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

“It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says (1687 Views)

Alex And Tobi Attend Adekunle Gold's Album Listening (photos) / Reekado Banks To A Fan: "You Insulted Me 2 Years Ago, Don't Praise Me" / Bbnaija: It Took 7 Hours Of Deliberation/discussion To Disqualify Kemen- Ebuka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by Choiszman(m): 9:22am On Nov 18, 2016

[b]Adekunle Gold who is currently on his first ever U.S. tour, has revealed how it took him two years to put his Gold album together.

According to him, ‘I wrote the album for two years. Although I didn’t have a name then, but I kept writing the songs, writing my experiences.’

In a chat with Notjustok in the United States, Adekunle Gold says,

I wrote the album for two years, I started writing it around May-June 2014. Although I didn’t have a name then, but I kept writing the songs; writing my experiences. I didn’t have a direction back then, so I was just writing whatever came to me. I had written ‘Orente’, ‘Friend Zone’, ‘Beautiful Night’ and others before ‘Sade’, but I decided to drop ‘Sade’ first because it was a cover.’

He also explains how his female friend gave him the idea of what the album title should be.

‘And then when I saw the response that people really liked it, I decided to drop ‘Orente’. At that point, ‘Pick Up’ wasn’t even in the mix. So it was a crazy process for me, because I was waiting to feel something before I write. So when it was time to release the album, I didn’t know what to call it, so I was talking to my friend Zara, and she said, ‘why not call the album GOLD’; I hesitated a bit, but I’m happy we are here now.’[/b]

1 Like

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 18, 2016
Come wat time did d thunder fire u... undecided
is likeur head is full of petrol

1 Like

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by Destined2win: 9:25am On Nov 18, 2016
....and you think this is funny?

beta go pick ur sense where you drop am

1 Like

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by Smellymouth: 9:26am On Nov 18, 2016

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by Nonso67: 9:27am On Nov 18, 2016
And that's how your village be observing your destiny

1 Like

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 18, 2016
Nonso67:
And that's how your village be observing your destiny

chairman, why u keep ur brain under your shoe...........smh............u need phensic and panadol

1 Like

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by ammyluv2002(f): 9:32am On Nov 18, 2016
Op, this isn't right! How can you joke about this?

1 Like

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by marshalcarter: 9:37am On Nov 18, 2016
this came from www.palmchat.com

the op who posted this would be found dead by noon in his apartment

rip in advance

1 Like

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by maryjan8(f): 9:42am On Nov 18, 2016
This is not funny at all, you are playing with someone's life

1 Like

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by Choiszman(m): 9:52am On Nov 18, 2016
maryjan8:
This is not funny at all, you are playing with someone's life
My sincere apologies to everyone that found this very offensive, I thought i was being funny, I never knew i was only being a dutch.

Please forgive me, I promise it's the first and would be the last dumb article from me.

Also, I would really appreciate if you all take back the curses...Thank you.
embarassed cry sad

1 Like

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by lomprico(m): 9:55am On Nov 18, 2016
Choiszman:

Hilarious, I knew this would get you attention to view...

Oya vex now and close it...

I laugh in Otuweke Language HOHOHOKIKIKLOKOKKKOKAA
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue

You might just have predicted ur own future! undecided

1 Like

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by TashaGirl: 9:57am On Nov 18, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by sisisioge: 10:01am On Nov 18, 2016
Dear OP, I know you are definitely too young to have children judging by your pea side brain but surely you would have parents. Imagine how your parent would feel waking up to a joke like this about you? Yeah, just learn to draw the line between stupiiidity and outright outrageousness. Omooi oshhiii jaaatijaaaati.

1 Like

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by An0nimus: 10:02am On Nov 18, 2016
8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.

If I was a mod, just forget this your moniker 'cause it's banned for life.
Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by Choiszman(m): 10:05am On Nov 18, 2016
sisisioge:
Dear OP, I know you are definitely too young to have children judging by your pea side brain but surely you would have parents. Imagine how your parent would feel waking up to a joke like this about you? Yeah, just learn to draw the line between stupiiidity and outright outrageousness. Omooi oshhiii jaaatijaaaati.
Once again, I already apologized

I presume you didn't get the first one...Trust me, if i could delete this post or turned back the hands of time, i would have...

I am so sorry

1 Like

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by sisisioge: 10:08am On Nov 18, 2016
Choiszman:
Once again, I already apologized

I presume you didn't get the first one...Trust me, if i could delete this post or turned back the hands of time, i would have...

I am so sorry

Apology accepted...go and sin no more.

1 Like

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by sisisioge: 10:09am On Nov 18, 2016
An0nimus:
8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.

If I was a mod, just forget this your moniker 'cause it's banned for life.

Babes, Guy is apologetic now...he won't do it again.

1 Like

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by Choiszman(m): 10:10am On Nov 18, 2016
sisisioge:

Apology accepted...go and sin no more.
Thank you....

I Feel relieved

1 Like

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by HashtagMoniker(m): 10:15am On Nov 18, 2016
Imagine u playing with this

1 Like

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by Choiszman(m): 10:20am On Nov 18, 2016
HashtagMoniker:
Imagine u playing with this
I Just modified the content...

So let's allow the past be behind us now...

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by Nonso67: 10:33am On Nov 18, 2016
So it's because of Kunle's Album you people are cursing somebody... Una left toe and testicles

1 Like

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by Choiszman(m): 10:45am On Nov 18, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by Choiszman(m): 11:34am On Nov 18, 2016
Seems calm in here now....that's a good sign cool smiley

1 Like

Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by Choise(f): 1:46pm On Nov 18, 2016
undecided
Smallville10:
Come wat time did d thunder fire u... undecided

is likeur head is full of petrol
Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
Choise:
undecided
mumu u don change d topic abi
Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by Choiszman(m): 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2016
Smallville10:
I did... Not her
Re: “It took me 2 years to write the Gold album” – Adekunle Gold says by Choise(f): 1:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
Smallville10:
Retard angry

(1) (Reply)

(PHOTOS) Check Out This New Sexy Photo Of 35year Old Nollywood Actress / 2face Was Actually Picked Up By DSS And Threatened To Cancel Protest (picture ) / IG Big Boy, Hushpuppi Buys Himself 2 Suits Worth N6.6 Millon (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.