Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,599 members, 7,820,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

How To Shut Down Your Laptop By Closing It. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Shut Down Your Laptop By Closing It. (1424 Views)

How To Shut Down Your Windows Computer With Just A Double Click / Buy Now Pay Later Deal On Brand New Hp Laptop By Samtob P&c / Buy Now Pay Later Deal On Brand New Hp Laptop By Samtob P&c (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Shut Down Your Laptop By Closing It. by timigate(m): 2:08pm On Nov 18, 2016
One of the most annoying things I have experienced is having to wait for a slow system to shutdown after a tiring day's job. There you are waiting for your laptop to shutdown while your colleague is already in the car honking on you to come out. This can go on for minutes especially when the system is performing an update. I know a lot of us have experienced this. Well, there are just a few things you should have done, which I am going to show you right now, to take care of a situation like this.
I am using Windows 10 but the steps are almost the same from Windows 7 upward. To setup your laptop to shutdown when you close the lid instead of waiting for hours to pack your bag because your lap would not just shutdown, simply follow these steps below:

>>>Click on the windows button
>>>Click on control panel or alternatively, you can just type "control panel" into the search pane.
>>>Click on "power option", as shown in the image below.
>>>Click on "choose what closing the lid does" as shown in the image below.
>>>Next you have the options of setting it up for both when your system is plugged to electricity and when it is running on battery. The first is for battery while the other is for electricity. Choose the one that you would like. You can even set it for the both if you like. Under either the battery or plugged, beside "when I close the lid" click on sleep, a pull down menu will appear, choose shutdown and click on save changes.
That is it, Just close your laptop and throw it in the bag. It will shutdown on it own.
Source http://www.timigate.com/2016/11/how-to-shutdown-your-laptop-by-closing.html#more
For more tips like these click on my signature. Thanks for reading.

2 Likes

Re: How To Shut Down Your Laptop By Closing It. by Franky826: 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2016
Nice one. Thank you a lot
Re: How To Shut Down Your Laptop By Closing It. by timigate(m): 4:05pm On Nov 19, 2016
U welcome @franky826
Re: How To Shut Down Your Laptop By Closing It. by shirgles(m): 11:23pm On Nov 20, 2016
Nice one
Re: How To Shut Down Your Laptop By Closing It. by nurez305(m): 5:26pm On Nov 21, 2016
that is a long journey. Just long press the power button of your laptop and it wil shut down within 10 seconds
Re: How To Shut Down Your Laptop By Closing It. by LOVEGINO(m): 9:52pm On Nov 21, 2016
Do you Know that you can invest and receive 3.60% of your investment daily forever. click on my signature to register.
Re: How To Shut Down Your Laptop By Closing It. by timigate(m): 2:43pm On Nov 23, 2016
nurez305:
that is a long journey. Just long press the power button of your laptop and it wil shut down within 10 seconds
Which is longer? Having to press for 10 seconds and still close or close and throw it in the bag?
Re: How To Shut Down Your Laptop By Closing It. by computerboy: 3:49pm On Nov 23, 2016
nurez305:

That is not "shut down". you'll end up corrupting Windows/system files one day

The OP way is safe and faster. Just that he could just right-click on the battery icon to get power options instead of going through control panel

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Just Like New Lenovo B570 For 50k / 100k-130k Gaming Laptop Needed / Very Neat Macbook Pro 2015 Retina(SOLD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.