Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:28 AM

Opinion: Ikpeazu Is Not On Ground, Not Connected With Abia Communities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Ikpeazu Is Not On Ground, Not Connected With Abia Communities (596 Views)

Ikpeazu Is An Unrepentant Liar, IPOB Reacts To Abia Gov's ‘attack’ On Kanu / Okezie Ikpeazu Is Truly A Silent Achiever(photos) / Pictures Of Ikote Ekpene Road Aba, Another FG Road Governo Ikpeazu Is Rebuilding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Ikpeazu Is Not On Ground, Not Connected With Abia Communities by Aguoru122: 3:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
By Chuks Omesie

One of the reasons why it always takes Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu weeks or even a month to make a statement each time any part of the state experiences unfortunate disaster either as Political killings or Herdsmen attack is because he is not on ground in Abia State. He also does not know his way about in the state he is governing.

Okezie Ikpeazu may be sitting as the Governor of Abia State, who happens to be the Chief Security Officer of the State, but the truth remains that he doesn’t know his way about in the state. He equally lacks the confidence of a Governor and it is very dangerous for such a novice to pioneer the affairs of our dear State.

Abia State needs an astute Leader and leadership unlike Okezie and his team. Abia needs someone who knows his way about in the State, who will not take permission from his Godfather before doing anything. The condition of Abia State now calls for a pragmatic leadership and not a lost-minded leadership.

The only reason why Abians have been having bad leaderships since 1999 is because the people have refused to revolt against maladministration and injustice they have been facing. Abians are afraid of deaths even when their leaders are subjecting them to death. Some of the maladministration against the people in the past have been unchallenged, except this time around, people like Alex Otti, FN Nwosu and Uche Ogah stepped in.

One of the dangers of Ikpeazu not being on ground in Abia State is that one can wake up one day and hear that the entire treasury of the state have been looted or that the enemies of the state have wiped out one Community of the State. It is really dangerous to put the entire in state in an unsafe hands.

On how to sustain the state during this recession period, Ikpeazu knows nothing and equally has no plans about it. He is not even aware of the revenue Abia State is generating and how it’s been generated let alone planning how to increase it. He is not aware that revenue contractors make a lot of loots from the revenues, am referring to those given out contracts to collect revenues for the Sate and Local Governments.

Someone contacted me that he was forced to pay 3,000 Naira for a levy called Business Premises. The Receipt given to him was written 1000 Naira and I asked him why he was not issued the receipt of 3000 which he allegedly paid, he told me that the additional 2,000 Naira is for Penalty for paying late and I laughed. I told him that the Penalty should have been covered with a receipt to show that it would enter into the government Purse. These and more are going on in every part of the State where the so called Task-force or Contractors are making more money than the government.

Ikpeazu doesn’t know some of the locations where Contracts he signed are. For instance, during one of his Radio interactions with the people of the State at Magic FM Aba, someone called and asked him his plans for Ngwa Road. He transferred the question to his Commissioner of Works, demanding the situation report of the Contract, the Commissioner casually said that the Contractors are in the site, and Ikpeazu interjected that he thought that the road needs to resurface. Did that statement show that Ikpeazu understand the Contract he signed? Obviously No. I have also confirmed that there is no contractor on ground in the Site except an abandoned damage tipper packed close to the said Site.

Ikpeazu is only interested in occupying the seat as a Governor and not interested in any other thing except his Security Votes and some kickbacks (Apirico) they are probably paying him for any contract he signs.

Ikpeazu is really seeing himself as an opportuned Governor just like village champion who travelled to America where he sees everything as if it’s a Paradise, that is the reason why he belittled the respected Office of the Governor of Abia State, wasted the scare resources just to deliver Pairs of shoes to the former President at Ottah Ogun State, instead of inviting him to the factory for selection. Who is even sure that what he delivered is an Aba made shoe because if it is, he would been proud to bring Buyers to the State.

Ikpeazu will soon understand how he was used to loot the treasury of Abia State after being ousted by the Supreme Court. He would later find out that some of the people he worked with are certified Criminals and Fraudsters..[Read More]...http://www.abnews247.com/opinion-ikpeazu-is-not-on-ground-not-connected-with-abia-communities-chuks-omesie/

Re: Opinion: Ikpeazu Is Not On Ground, Not Connected With Abia Communities by yemmybx(m): 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2016
ok
Re: Opinion: Ikpeazu Is Not On Ground, Not Connected With Abia Communities by SAHACO(m): 3:37pm On Nov 18, 2016
You're right Ikeazu is not incharge, but you might as well be F.N Nwosu that is talking and all of you are the same.
Re: Opinion: Ikpeazu Is Not On Ground, Not Connected With Abia Communities by sarrki(m): 3:39pm On Nov 18, 2016
We only accused PMB

What are the various state governors doing ?
Re: Opinion: Ikpeazu Is Not On Ground, Not Connected With Abia Communities by SAHACO(m): 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2016
sarrki:
We only accused PMB

What are the various state governors doing ?
This is not PMB case, this is my state. So stay out of it (You) are ignored not warned.
Re: Opinion: Ikpeazu Is Not On Ground, Not Connected With Abia Communities by sarrki(m): 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2016
SAHACO:
This is not PMB case, this is my state. So stay out of it (You) are ignored not warned.

Calm down

It's a state under federal republic of Nigeria

So I have same equal right you have mr

(1) (Reply)

First Residential Building, Eko Pearl Towers, Emerges At Eko Atlantic City / Senator Secures Employment For Over 300 Graduates / Pres. Buhari At The Induction Course For Newly Appointed Career Ambassadors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.