Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,871 members, 7,821,031 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister (2324 Views)

Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate / Solomon Dalung Turns Mechanic After His Car Developed Fault While Traveling.PICS / See The Bag Solomon Dalung Is Carrying (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by citizenisb: 9:10pm On Nov 18, 2016
https://www.google.com/amp/www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/dalungs-bombshell-nigeria-hungry-attend-world-cup/amp/?client=safari

Minister of Sport and Youth Development, Solomon Dalung yesterday stunned all when he told the Voice of America that he was against Nigeria’s participation at the World Cup.

His reasons: “That competition stinks of corruption; that Nigeria is too poor to waste money on it and that Nigeria would never win the trophy”.

The implication of his statement is also that it is not necessary to waste money qualifying when you cannot win the World Cup.
Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by jimcollins136: 9:17pm On Nov 18, 2016
Sport man of the year

2 Likes

Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 18, 2016
Lol
Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by Mrjo(m): 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2016
Oga minster

2 Likes

Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2016
The Kind Of Ministers Buhari appointed grin

6 Likes

Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by psucc(m): 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2016
The craziest people to have ever ruled in any part of the world is in Buhari's govt.

Minister of Info: One masquerade provides 5,000 jobs
Minister of Finance: Recession is a mere word.
Minister of Labour: Threatening to revoke operational license of banks for laying off
Minister of Agric: Nigerians eat too much rice that's why the price goes up
Minister of Power: Daily increase of bill.

So many mad people in this govt.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2016
HOW DID NIGERIA GOT TO THIS LEVEL?

3 Likes

Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by prinsam30: 9:53pm On Nov 18, 2016
I'm still wondering on what reasonable merit, these Inconclusive Failed Ministers were they appointed...

Abeg no take selfie with my grammar oooooo

as I dey type I dey vex

very clueless minister

1 Like

Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 18, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
The Kind Of Ministers Buhari appointed grin
This one sure reasons like his boss Buhari. cheesy

#mediocrityondisplay.

1 Like

Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by Unimaginable123: 9:59pm On Nov 18, 2016
Mad sports minister. The worst Nigeria's sports minister ever
Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by Unimaginable123: 10:00pm On Nov 18, 2016
DEBJOCH1:
HOW DID NIGERIA GOT TO THIS LEVEL?
it's just so shocking and unbelievable. That man is not even fit to be a ball boy
Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by citizenisb: 10:25pm On Nov 18, 2016
Dalung no send anybody. He speaks his mind
Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by basingstoke: 10:29pm On Nov 18, 2016
Such a fool
Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:04pm On Nov 18, 2016
Attention President Muhammadu Buhari: This is what the man you appointed the general overseer of our sports told an international media organisation,Voice of America, Hausa Service: Nigeria does not need to attend the next World Cup holding in Russia.
The World Cup is not just a football competition. It also represents a bigger avenue for nations to showcase their football artistry to a global audience, with players getting to secure new and bumper contracts and endorsements, which in turn, impact positively on the country”s Gross Domestic Product and Foreign Direct Investment. Football is business and the World Cup fetches money for all participants. It is top in entertainment and business. Qualifiers even earn more than $5m from Fifa.
Besides the Olympics, the World Cup is by far the single biggest sports competition in the world, drawing record crowd appearances and creating a never-seen like before football atmospheres for its one-month duration.
The road to the next World Cup in 2018 is on, with the Super Eagles are leading the proverbial group of death with six maximum points from two matches against Zambia and Algeria. Cameroon, the only African country with the most appearance at the World Cup make up the group, from which only the first-placed team qualifies for the event.
Dalung
Having missed out on a place at the next Africa Cup of Nations, starting in January in Gabon, Nigeria desperately needs to play at the World Cup to make up for the lost chance to play at AFCON 2017 but bizarrely, the one who ought to be championing the cause of going to the World Cup is ridiculously the one kicking against it.
Minister of Sport and Youth Development, Solomon Dalung yesterday stunned all when he told the Voice of America that he was against Nigeria’s participation at the World Cup.
His reasons: “That competition stinks of corruption; that Nigeria is too poor to waste money on it and that Nigeria would never win the trophy”. The implication of his statement is also that it is not necessary to waste money qualifying when you cannot win the World Cup.
As shocking as these may be, Dalung, a lawyer by training, said Nigeria should be content with playing at the Nations Cup, Olympics, Commonwealth Games. He said that Nigeria could win the Nations Cup but not the World Cup. World Cup finalists are guaranteed huge sum of money running into millions.
According to Dalung, “The cup that we can win is the African Cup of Nations. There is nothing again that will take us to another man’s balcony in the name of the World Cup. We already have the Commonwealth Games and the Olympics. For these, we can attend such meets. But I am opposed to the World Cup. We don’t agree to it. Conspiracy in the World Cup is too much,” he said, a statement that could upset the world governing body, FIFA. He was not done.
“There is the issue of bribery and favouritism. There is also the issue of corruption before you are even given the hosting rights. We are here suffering from hunger and we don’t have money for such things. That is why, even if we try many times, once it gets into the politics of the game, we can never win.
“That was why this year, we had to tackle him (FIFA President, Ginani Infantino) and we said, ‘you , Infantino, if you win this election, you have to give us a position. If not, we shall not agree.’ And you see , by the grace of God, he even picked an African as his Secretary-General. That means he has started taking honey and rubbing on our lips. That means that one day, we shall get to really lick the honey.”
This is ridiculous and unbelievable. But they are the exact words of Sports Minister Dalung, a man, who has allegedly fanned the embers of discord, disunity and crisis in the Nigeria Football Federation.
It is recalled that Dalung was the unseen hand in the crisis of leadership, that rocked the NFF after Chris Giwa threatened to seize power from the Amaju Pinnick-led Executive Board.
Despite CAS and FIFA’s unambiguous backing of Pinnick’s board, Dalung called for a meeting between Pinnick and Giwa in his Abuja office, which snowballed into an all-out fight between both gladiators. As if that was not enough, the Minister has continuously asked the Amaju led board to co-opt Chris Giwa and his members into their board, ignoring the fact that membership of the board is through election. It has been from one dispute to another and Nigerian football has been in court.
Truly, football disputes are out of the jurisdiction of the ordinary law court as the Courts of Arbitration for Sports in Lausanne, Switzerland sits over all disputes in sports.
The minister’s latest comments confirm him as a total stranger to sports who has bluntly refused to learn the ropes

Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by omofunaab(m): 11:56pm On Nov 18, 2016
Solomon dalung is one of the reasons why am losing faith in buhari's adminstation.
Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by Bujumbura(m): 12:11am On Nov 19, 2016
Daulung and Buhari foolishness

Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by ifyan(m): 12:52am On Nov 19, 2016
Worst Minister ever in the history of Nigeria.

Q. What is the similarity between PRES BUBU AND MINISTER OF SPORT.

Win one Trip to DAURA and in the OTHER KITCHEN
Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by Jokerman(m): 1:08am On Nov 19, 2016
Mehn.... haha haha grin
Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by Samunique(m): 3:06am On Nov 19, 2016
Unimaginable123:
Mad sports minister. The worst Nigeria's sports minister ever
Under the worst President ever!!!

1 Like

Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by freeze001(f): 4:45am On Nov 19, 2016
Are these really true? I know it's not impossible and he's an absolute nutcase but somehow I'm trying to convince myself that there is something that might still be working as it should in his otherwise dead brain...Ndi zombie kwenu o! Una really fly broom wella!

His reasons: “That competition stinks of corruption; that Nigeria is too poor to waste money on it and that Nigeria would never win the trophy”. The implication of his statement is also that it is not necessary to waste money qualifying when you cannot win the World Cup.
As shocking as these may be, Dalung, a lawyer by training, said Nigeria should be content with playing at the Nations Cup, Olympics, Commonwealth Games. He said that Nigeria could win the Nations Cup but not the World Cup. World Cup finalists are guaranteed huge sum of money running into millions.
According to Dalung, “The cup that we can win is the African Cup of Nations. There is nothing again that will take us to another man’s balcony in the name of the World Cup. We already have the Commonwealth Games and the Olympics. For these, we can attend such meets. But I am opposed to the World Cup. We don’t agree to it. Conspiracy in the World Cup is too much,” he said, a statement that could upset the world governing body, FIFA. He was not done.
“There is the issue of bribery and favouritism. There is also the issue of corruption before you are even given the hosting rights.

This is what a supposed minister for sports has to say. Buhari has spat into his mouth and now he runs around like a headless chicken screaming 'corruption' everywhere. Mediocrity oozes through every word; he's convinced Nigeria is too poor and cannot win because they are too irresponsible to cater for the national teams. He even has the guts to look for hosting rights when they have not tried to set up any viable and standard infrastructure; maintenance of existing ones has gone to the dogs, National stadium is overrun by cattle herdsmen, insecurity everywhere. Is this how they want to host world cup?

He makes these dirty allegations, ends up de-marketing Nigeria then we will now be asking what has gone wrong. embarassed undecided
Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by bankyblue(m): 5:14am On Nov 19, 2016
If I talk waiting they my mind, seun, lala nd maddy44 go delete me from here hala

*modify*
U see the evil plan PMB and is children.........anyway who ever think e caN kill our joy, the only thing that bring us togetheR in this nation shall never see 25th dec iJN..click like to say Amen

Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by Opiletool(m): 5:14am On Nov 19, 2016
This man is an epitome of hopelessness. When has he ever raises hope? wawa.
Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by Agimor(m): 5:22am On Nov 19, 2016
Beret wearing incompetent minister of the year.
Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by Pavarottii(m): 5:41am On Nov 19, 2016
Later someone would come and tell me that Buhari has nt finished dis country; please tell me when such has ever happened?

Well it's good, hope people that voted him are enjoying d change? They should enjoy it well well; even d so called corrupt pdp and abacha's regime never complained of no money.

Only 2 times we Av been in recession and hunger is 1983 and 2016. And people don't still see that Buhari is a disaster.

Well I know things will still get worse. As someone in nairaland said; "Hunger is d best brain factory reset app" the sophisticated ones brain will soon reset; just a matter of time, shebi they say famine is coming; don't worry. As for we that supported GEJ, we will never lack food IJN.

1 Like

Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by Paperwhite(m): 5:49am On Nov 19, 2016
For God's sake must every member of this godforsaken government be this daft? Is Nigeria the only country that the world cup affects? Why are the government & it officials always quick to showcase their stupidity & ineptitude to the whole world? No wonder this idiot said Nigeria need no training to win medals @ the Olympics.Buhari's government remains a curse in the annals of this nation. undecided To think that this is one among the many fools Buhari took a whopping 6months to appoint is more annoying.
Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by jtjohn(m): 5:59am On Nov 19, 2016
How can a learned man make this kind of statement..... *The implication of his statement is also that it is not necessary to waste money qualifying when you cannot win the World Cup.......Buhari contest for an election for many times before he won the 2015 election....Why can't he be positive for once.

1 Like

Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by lovere: 6:08am On Nov 19, 2016
I don't believe that he said that. Maybe he was quoted out of context. But...that man with weird dressing sometimes misbehaves. I remember united States of Nigeria comment.
Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by FSBoperator: 6:22am On Nov 19, 2016
What do you expect from a sadistic prison warden?
Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by abbas99(m): 6:59am On Nov 19, 2016
Chisos

1 Like

Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by citizenisb: 7:28am On Nov 19, 2016
lovere:
I don't believe that he said that. Maybe he was quoted out of context. But...that man with weird dressing sometimes misbehaves. I remember united States of Nigeria comment.

He said it during an interview with Voice of America Hausa Service
Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by lovere: 7:42am On Nov 19, 2016
citizenisb:

He said it during an interview with Voice of America Hausa Service
That's absolutely scandalous.
Re: Don't Waste Money On World Cup- Dalung Sports Minister by theSpark(m): 8:46am On Nov 19, 2016
Buhari and his crew are not just satisfied with unleashing hunger upon us they want to rob us of the joy of participating in the World Cup.

I always say that these guys are a plague upon us. If not

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dino Melaye’s Bachelor Of Arts Certificate Is Fake – ABU / Biafra : I See Another Somalia In The Making / Confirmed Results From Lagos Local Government Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.