Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,102 members, 7,828,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain (11152 Views)

Anthony Joshua Flirted With Rita Mahrez, Riyad Mahrez’s Wife Secretly In Club / Super Falcons Players Celebrating Argentina's Goal Against Scotland Yesterday. / "We Are Sorry For Yesterday's Loss" - Onome Ebi, Super Falcons Captain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by iamVirus(m): 9:55pm On Nov 18, 2016

With few hours to the commencement of the 2016 Africa Women’s Cup of Nations, the Umea IK midfielder replaces Evelyn Nwabuoku as team leader
Rita Chikwelu has been named Nigeria women national team captain.
She replaces Evelyn Nwabuoku who will play no part in the 2016 African Women’s Cup of Nations due to ijury.
"Ladies, you all know why the captain is not here with us, so we will be needing someone else to fill in for her in this competition,” said coach Omagbemi.
"Alongside my assistants, we have decided to pick Rita Chikwelu to be the captain and Osinachi Ohale as the assistant. And I want you all to co-operate with them and work together as a team.”
Chikwelu was a member of the Nigerian Olympic team that participated in the 2008 Summer Olympics in China and a member of the Nigerian squad at the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup in Germany.
The Falcons begin their defence against Mali on Sunday at the Stade Municipal de Limbe, Cameroon.

Source: http://360jamng.net/rita-chikwelu-named-super-falcons-captain/
Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by iamVirus(m): 9:56pm On Nov 18, 2016
SEE MORE PHOTOS OF THE NIGERIAN FEMALE CAPTAIN HERE---> http://360jamng.net/rita-chikwelu-named-super-falcons-captain/
Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by brunofarad(m): 10:04pm On Nov 18, 2016
Nice one

Congrats girl
Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by Foshun22: 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2016
I hope she leads with style

1 Like

Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by cokiek(f): 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2016
Good for them...wishing dem sucess
Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by nerodenero: 10:07pm On Nov 18, 2016
iamVirus:
Great! Nice start
Your moniker na die!!!
Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by peckhamboi: 10:08pm On Nov 18, 2016
Carry go.
Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by Peterpanny: 10:09pm On Nov 18, 2016
Watin person wan comment self.still on still best of luck girls.
Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 18, 2016
Igbos Are Indeed Doing Great

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by drizslim(m): 10:10pm On Nov 18, 2016
I texted my ex "Hi" she quickly updated her status "I'm doing fine without u".
Foolish girl, who told u i want u back. I just wanted to tell u dah i saw ur brother yesterday in town wearing my polo

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by cokiek(f): 10:11pm On Nov 18, 2016
I hope she leads them to success

2 Likes

Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by PhatBG(m): 10:16pm On Nov 18, 2016
Been long since I last watched them. I hope she leads them well and bring glories to the nation.

Check my signature.
Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by TeleboiZ005(m): 10:23pm On Nov 18, 2016
Igbo kwenu!

Mek una no fail us.......
#IStandWithRitaChikwelu

2 Likes

Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by Realhommie(m): 10:31pm On Nov 18, 2016
I knew it, i said it on another thread that she's about the longest serving player in this team.. Well, kudos to her and success to the team....
Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by okasebe(m): 10:35pm On Nov 18, 2016
But we all know the best and most recognized player in the team is an afonja.

Arssenal's Asisat oshoala

2 Likes

Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by Larablink(f): 10:36pm On Nov 18, 2016
Ok. Hpe she leads them well.
Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by Franchise21(m): 10:37pm On Nov 18, 2016
grin
Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by justdivine: 10:40pm On Nov 18, 2016
Captain us well
Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by adebayo201: 10:55pm On Nov 18, 2016
God bless the Super Falcons!!!
Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 18, 2016
okasebe:
But we all know the best and most recognized player in the team is an afonja.

Arssenal's Asisat oshoala

Bad belle afonja..go ask d officials y she wasn't chosen?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by Jailerrr(f): 11:10pm On Nov 18, 2016
peckhamboi:
Why not Oshaoala?
Oshoala wey be player of yesterday? abi na coz she de play for Arsenal? haba bros! you see Oparanozie there so? but you're still entitled to ya opinion...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by Jailerrr(f): 11:13pm On Nov 18, 2016
wish you guys all d best, nothing less than the trophy, I can see my pal there, Hally.com
Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:31pm On Nov 18, 2016
Rita Chikwelu is a veteran naa... Featured at the 2008 Fifa Women U-20 WC... She's a masterclass Attacking midfielder, one of Africa's finest in the women's game. She deserves to replace Nwabuoku as captain.

But then, the leaders of a team as stars-studded as the Super Falcons arent just those with the "band" but those who strikes fear in the hearts of opponents........ smiley

This is where the likes of Asisat "SuperZee" Oshoala (Featured at 2014 Fifa U-20 WWC), Desire Ugochi Oparanozie, Francesca Ordega, Ngozi Ebere (high-flying leftback at PSG) and even Ngozi Okobi come in.

There can only be one captain and maybe two assistants but leaders dominate this Super Falcons team led by the most feared of them all across the African women's soccer game.... Asisat Oshoala

2 Likes

Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by LecciGucci: 11:44pm On Nov 18, 2016
Who is oshoala.
Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by Unimaginable123: 12:47am On Nov 19, 2016
I like Oshoila. Would have preferred her.
Seems they used seniority
Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by Unimaginable123: 12:48am On Nov 19, 2016
Jailerrr:
Oshoala wey be player of yesterday? abi na coz she de play for Arsenal? haba bros! you see Oparanozie there so? but you're still entitled to ya opinion...
but mikel obi is the oldest in chelsea. Why is he not the captain?
Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by osarenmwienda(f): 12:56am On Nov 19, 2016
hmmm.... And shes my namesake...... Congrajubilation

1 Like

Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by Nobody: 1:55am On Nov 19, 2016
Unimaginable123:
but mikel obi is the oldest in chelsea. Why is he not the captain?

Shut it..John Terry is d oldest In Chelsea

4 Likes

Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by Nobody: 2:59am On Nov 19, 2016
Some say we are still in the throes of IPOB.
Since the late 80's when spare part dealers turned footballers have started exporting their brawn to Europe as professionals, Nigeria soccer teams has never been technically sound.
Overpraised strikers, overpraised defenders, overpraised midfielders and off-and-on goalkeepers.
Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by SoNature(m): 4:35am On Nov 19, 2016
themall:
Some say we are still in the throes of IPOB.
Since the late 80's when spare part dealers turned footballers have started exporting their brawn to Europe as professionals, Nigeria soccer teams has never been technically sound.
Overpraised strikers, overpraised defenders, overpraised midfielders and off-and-on goalkeepers.

Go take poison na...mu.mu

7 Likes

Re: Rita Chikwelu Named Super Falcons Captain by emmabest2000(m): 5:13am On Nov 19, 2016
Nnew:

Shut it..John Terry is d oldest In Chelsea

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

2018 FIFA World Cup : Will An African Team Reach Semi-finals For The First Time? / I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel / Who Is The Fastest And Most Intelligent Player In The World ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.