Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto (3706 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan And The “rented” Sokoto Crowd By Onyebuchi Ememanka / Goodluck Jonathan And Buhari In Secret Meeting In Aso Rock / Busted!!!!!! Bukola Saraki's Rented Crowd/protesters Being Paid N1000. Taped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by SantaDomino(m): 10:29pm On Nov 18, 2016
GEJ AND THE "RENTED" SOKOTO CROWD BY ONYEBUCHI EMEMANKA
I slept early last night, no thanks to the stress of Lagos. I usually wake up quite early to catch up with latest happenings in the country before heading into another round of traffic stress.
Early this morning as I scanned through facebook, I saw viral pictures of the visit of former President Goodluck Jonathan to Sokoto. He came to the caliphate to sympathize with the Dasuki family over the death of the Late Sultan Ibrahim Dasuki who was the father of his National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki who is currently in detention.
There was a huge crowd that received him with placards asking for his "return". I found that very intriguing. In the north? In Sokoto? Asking an "infidel" to return to power? This is serious indeed.
As I scanned through the comments made by people, I stumbled on one which suggested that the event was a carefully arranged political gimmick meant to create a wrong impression. That got me thinking and I asked myself a number of questions.
Why would GEJ rent a crowd in Sokoto of all places?
What will be his objective by so doing?
Is he running for any office?
Is there any election?
Sokoto is a state ruled by an APC Governor.
Who would have arranged the rented crowd? Who will fund it? In the pictures, you will even find Officers of the state local agencies.
Dasuki is in jail and incommunicado. He couldn't even attend the funeral of his father. He must be overcome with deep grief and I think renting a crowd or pulling off anything political will be the last thing on his mind right now. Even for a fully grown man, the death of a father breaks him down.
The answer is simple.
Across the country, there is huge disenchantment with the government of President Buhari and his party, the APC.
People are hungry, tired and frustrated.
I say this with a deep sense of responsibility. I supported and voted for Buhari but in all of my adult life, I have never seen people this hungry before.
Even for me with a fairly stable job and a steady pay, I am struggling to cope with the spiraling inflation which has made a complete nonsense of my pay. In the last eight months, my expenditure has gone up by more than 100% yet the salary remains the same.
If someone like me whose salary has never been delayed for a second in the last seven years is complaining, then you can imagine what people whose salaries are not even paid are going through.
There is hunger in the land.
Our economy has gone to the gutters. Our money has lost value. Businesses are crumbling. Companies are closing down. The forex market is crazy.
I have a friend who deals on bags somewhere in Surulere. We worship in the same church. I buy bags from him. In September, I had gone to his shop to buy school bags for my kids. When I got there, I thought I had missed the address and I had to check again to be sure I was at the right place. The shop was practically empty. The guy himself wore a forlorn look. This was a shop that brimmed with goods. I even asked him to look for a bigger shop because it was hard moving inside to look for bags to buy.
What happened, i asked him with deep concern.
My Ballista, he responded with his deep Anambra accent, this country is finished. No money to buy anything again. No dollar. If you buy dollar at 370( that was the price then), how much will you sell your goods, who will buy? If this thing continues, I will have to return home. "Ballista, mmadu ya anakwa virrage o, ighoyato?"
Sincerely, I was deeply heartbroken.
That is how bad it is. That is the story of most small and medium size businesses in Nigeria today. It's even worse for workers whose salary values have been rendered completely useless by inflation. Then for those who are owed, it's pure hell. I sincerely wonder how people eat these days.
States are broke. Oil revenues are going down by the day. International crude prices have plummeted, then on account of militant activities in the Niger Delta, our production has gone down. Money is in short supply. States are not getting enough and can't fund even the most basic needs of their people. In Nigeria today, only three states out of 36 are stable financially. This is complete disaster indeed.
Buhari's approach to the Niger Delta question has been an absolute disaster. Yaradua saw this same situation and applied deep wisdom and things got better
Take it or leave it, Buhari's plan is not working. Pushing soldiers into the region is not the answer. It failed before and will fail and fail again. Every problem in this world is not solved by a military solution.
For as long as we rely on oil to run this country, we must evolve a workable solution to handle issues of the Niger Delta.
Even with a crumbling economy, there is insecurity. Across the country, people live in fear. From marauding and blood thirsty Fulani herdsmen in the South East, militancy in the Niger Delta, Boko Haram in the North East, Shia Muslims clash in the North West, Nigeria has become a huge battle field with an endless spilling of blood.
Last week, over 20 Shia Muslims were gunned down by the police in Kaduna.
The Shias have never had it so bad in this country. With their leader, El Zak Zakky in detention without trial, close to 100 of their members have been killed in the last one year.
These people have existed for several years before now. They have had their procession over the years without any incident. What has changed?
Fulani herdsmen have always been with us from time immemorial. How come they suddenly became killers who carry weapons of war and extermination?
Under GEJ, the only security issue we had was Boko Haram. The Niger Delta was calm and oil production was proceeding well, albeit, at a huge cost. But pipelines and oil installations were not bombed. Money was coming in, though what it was used for is another issue.
I have asked what the economic policy of Buhari is exactly. That question has not been answered. What is the definite forex policy of this government?
Few days ago, security agencies raided and arrested currency dealers. How will that help the market?
On the political front, the APC has been a comprehensive disaster. A party that enjoys huge majority in both chambers of the National Assembly now behaves like an opposition party? Presidential communications are thrown out like rotten meat. There is no cohesion anywhere. Everything appears to be in sixes and sevens. Within the APC, there is no single common ground on anything. In the eyes of Buhari, every other person is a thief.
Two days ago, the Edo State House of Assembly approved a 300 million Naira house as parting gifts for Oshiomhole and his deputy. This is in addition to a pension for life. These things are enough to cause deep emotional disequilibrium in the mind of the average hungry Nigerian. You were Governor for eight years with all the perks of office and you leave with so much yet people who worked for 35 years can't event get the pittance they are entitled to as pension.
I could go on and on.
As Christmas approaches dangerously, many Nigerian families cannot even afford to buy rice to eat. A bag is now close to 24k. By this time last year, it was nearing 9k. Yet salaries have not increased. How will people cope with this?
Life was surely better for the average Nigerian under GEJ. This is the sincere truth. The reason could be many but for the man on the street who doesn't understand economics, his assessment of any government will be based on how he is able to put food on his table.
I don't believe that GEJ rented any crowd in Sokoto. He didn't have to. That crowd is a reflection of how bad things have become in the country
My brother Onyebuchi Ememanka who voted for this government summarized what I have been saying here every day.
Mohammed Buhari is a tragedy and a disaster. One of the worst affliction to ever happen to Nigeria since 1960.
God will continue to keep us especially those of us in business till this madness is over!
#Copied..

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 18, 2016
Tambuwal is not a man to be trusted in the APC fold....besides, GEJ is more sort after than PMB at the moment

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by eezeribe(m): 10:47pm On Nov 18, 2016
Keep copying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by banki(m): 11:04pm On Nov 18, 2016
Even if GEJ won the election Nigeria was still going to enter recession....
like I always say and keep saying Nigerian leaders have failed us but what I don't understand is this obsession with the past election.
GEJ has an image to protect and he keeps fedin on it my advice let him be

the states that you complain that cant pay salaries couldn't pay salaries even when goodluck was there they waited for bail out from buhari, they still got another bail out today. No one likes what is going on in the county but for goodness sake why don't we put this same fire on the people that are causing the problems.

Buhari is the nations president.... he puts forward the idea of selling key national assets....we reject it
He puts forward the idea of loans..... we reject it
we condem him for not negotiating with niger delta militants..... they continue blowing our source of income
He negotiates with them.... they continue blowing pipelines and claim what they want is for military to leave niger delta... we support them
He investigates corrupt people ..... we complain
He arrests them.... we complain
We accuse him of the most frivoulus things.... we complain
He makes mistakes ... we complain
he gets it right we complain
he gives almost all security appointments to the north... we complain
he gives almost all finance appointments to the south.... we complain
he gives bail out to states to pay salaries.... we complain that there is poverty in the land
politicians turn rivers elections to a blood bath ..... we blame him

what exctly would make all of us HAPPY both those that support and those that are neutrals and those that are still pained because in the end we all prosper or fail together

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by richidinho(m): 11:53pm On Nov 18, 2016
banki:
like I always say and keep saying Nigerian leaders have failed us but what I don't understand is this obsession with the past election.

the states that you complain that cant pay salaries couldn't pay salaries even when goodluck was there they waited for bail out from buhari, they still got another bail out today. No one likes what is going on in the county but for goodness sake why don't we put this same fire on the people that are causing the problems.

Buhari is the nations president.... he puts forward the idea of selling key national assets....we reject it
we condem him for not negotiating with niger delta militants..... they continue blowing our source of income
He negotiates with them.... they continue blowing pipelines and claim what they want is for military to leave niger delta... we support them
he gives bail out to states to pay salaries.... we complain that there is poverty in the land

what exctly would make all of us HAPPY both those that support and those that are neutrals and those that are still pained because in the end we all prosper or fail together

Bros! Repent cos the kingdom of God is at hand

For 6yrs we were not into recession, what makes you thing we will be in recession if he had won the election

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by Hollawayn05(m): 12:00am On Nov 19, 2016
Not much to say...

but..

#iStillStandWithBuhari
Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by Lokoyen(m): 12:16am On Nov 19, 2016
Yipee! Its my birthday show me some love!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by chriskosherbal(m): 12:30am On Nov 19, 2016
These are pure hard and raw words.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by ifyan(m): 12:42am On Nov 19, 2016
Like somebody said PRES. BUHARI is a punishment from God to Nigeria for our sinsssss.

2019 is very far. May God forgive us

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by progress69: 12:54am On Nov 19, 2016
richidinho:

For 6yrs we were not into recession, what makes you thing we will be in recession if he had won the election

How won't you make this comment. Many of you are excessively ignorant. We escaped from the global reccession first cos ObJ and Ya'radua saved, and luckily enough oil price started picking up before our reserves dried up.
2. Reccession does not happen over night, like the way u cum in 2mins when shagging your babe. It is a process, and reccession is not just declared. (Kindly use google to find out how a country can be said to have slid into reccession)
3. The previous government whetr already borrowing to meet salary obligations as way baxkas 2014, and as early 2015 before the elections, states were owing salaries and had to be bailed out by this Govt. So be well informed before yoi call God on your ignorant posts!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by donphilopus: 1:01am On Nov 19, 2016
Let's even assume the crowd wasn't rented. But let's ask ourselves some questions concerning the visit and the 'massive crowd' that claimed they wanted back Jonathan.

1. Prior to the very moment Jonathan's jet landed in Sokoto, did any of us hear he would be traveling to Sokoto to commiserate with the family of the late deposed Sultan?

2. If we didn't hear - it means he didn't publicize the visit, how then did these people know he would be visiting and then wrote on cardboards?

3. Somebody might have informed them about Jonathan's planned visitation, hence the doctored cardboards. Or is it possible for them to write on those cardboards without having a prior knowledge of his planned visitation?

Abeg make them stop to dey deceive us abeg. We all know someone informed those peeps that Jonathan would be visiting. He bought those cardboards and placards with his/her money. They then inscribed those things on them and gave them out to those people to go welcome Jonathan.

Me sef come from political family na. I know how they arrange all these things.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by csamii: 1:03am On Nov 19, 2016
richidinho:

You for ask am whether na GEJ carry naija enter recession for 1984.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by MrPolitics: 1:04am On Nov 19, 2016
banki:

I believe that's the same way GEJ too was blamed for all of nigeria's problems during his time. Pmb was one of the ppl blaming him too (something GEJ isn't doing to him).

It just comes with the job. You're president you're blamed for everything. Even when it's not your fault

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by MrPolitics: 1:07am On Nov 19, 2016
donphilopus:
Let's even assume the crowd wasn't rented. But let's ask ourselves some questions concerning the visit and the 'massive crowd' that claimed they wanted back Jonathan.

1. Prior to the very moment Jonathan's jet landed in Sokoto, did any of us hear he would be traveling to Sokoto to commiserate with the family of the late deposed Sultan?

2. If we didn't hear - it means he didn't publicize the visit, how then did these people know he would be visiting and then wrote on cardboards?

3. Somebody might have informed them about Jonathan's planned visitation, hence the doctored cardboards. Or is it possible for them to write on those cardboards without having a prior knowledge of his planned visitation?

Abeg make them stop to dey deceive us abeg. We all know someone informed those peeps that Jonathan would be visiting. He bought those cardboards and placards with his/her money. They then inscribed those things on them and gave them out to those people to go welcome Jonathan.

Bros are you from sokoto? Just cause we didn't hear it before it happened doesn't mean it wasn't announced.
Afterall a huge crowd of sokoto delegates welcomed him at the airport. Surely something must have slipped.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by donphilopus: 1:10am On Nov 19, 2016
MrPolitics:

Bros are you from sokoto? Just cause we didn't hear it before it happened doesn't mean it wasn't announced.
Afterall a huge crowd of sokoto delegates welcomed him at the airport. Surely something must have slipped.

The huge crowd that welcomed him at the Sokoto airport are elites who had prior knowledge of his visitation to Sokoto. One among them might have rented those guys to come welcome his/her ex-boss.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 19, 2016
banki:

shocked shocked shocked ...this thread ain't for Kenyans bros.
Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by richidinho(m): 6:41am On Nov 19, 2016
progress69:

How won't you make this comment. Many of you are excessively ignorant. We escaped from the global reccession first cos ObJ and Ya'radua saved, and luckily enough oil price started picking up before our reserves dried up.
2. Reccession does not happen over night, like the way u cum in 2mins when shagging your babe. It is a process, and reccession is not just declared. (Kindly use google to find out how a country can be said to have slid into reccession)
3. The previous government whetr already borrowing to meet salary obligations as way baxkas 2014, and as early 2015 before the elections, states were owing salaries and had to be bailed out by this Govt. So be well informed before yoi call God on your ignorant posts!

How come this Buhari's recession happened overnight, cos i started experiencing it immediately he was sworn in and he spent 6months doing nothing, who caused the 1983 recession?

Bros! You need more gas to be able to support this incompetent administration

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by hotice01: 6:55am On Nov 19, 2016
OP just one question for you. Why would GEJ rent a crowd,is he campaigning for anything or political office?

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by Sweetguy25: 7:00am On Nov 19, 2016
The author voted for Buhari, now he's complaining. He's an idiot.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by chemicalDisease: 7:03am On Nov 19, 2016
Rented or no rented, are u not tired of buhari d dullard?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by Goandie: 7:08am On Nov 19, 2016
donphilopus:

The huge crowd that welcomed him at the Sokoto airport are elites who had prior knowledge of his visitation to Sokoto. One among them might have rented those guys to come welcome his/her ex-boss.

guy stop wasting your tym xplainin the condition naija is finding her self in to pple coz dis pple will not understand or prefer to be ignorant about it.
lesson I av learnt is that we all had our eyes on the Presidential election but forgetting that it is both the senatorial and legislative election that are far more important that d presidential election.
if we want to make this country gr8 we will have to start from the senatorial and legislative seat putting in pple that are responsible and ready to serve we the pple of Nigeria, then development will start BT for now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by Caseless: 7:09am On Nov 19, 2016
He rented crowd during campaign , he still lost the election. Doing it now will even define the stupidity genetically embedded in him.
Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by drss2(m): 7:24am On Nov 19, 2016
hahahahahahahaha grin cheesy
"nigerians will miss me soon after i leave office." - GEJ
does GEJ need to rent crowd d massive hunger in d land is enough to factory reset pipuls brains. no doubt life was very much better under GEJ. dat is why pipul in sokoto, an APC state ar clamouring for his return. grin
like 1984 like 2016, buari's govt is synonimous with hunger n surffering.
d rejected stone (GEJ) has become d most desirable stone.
i see d dullard becoming d most hated president eva since d creation of d world.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by IshaqAyinde(m): 7:55am On Nov 19, 2016
Well! We know where you are going, I bought a bag of rice yesterday for #14.8k, don't over hyper the issue.

For the Shiite, my brother, you don't stay in the north, you don't really know what this people are doing, so stop spiting gibish about shi'ite, stop acting as if you really care for the people of the north. If you encounter the activities of the Shi'ite ones, you will change your mind.

Let the Avengers keep bombing is it now that they know their environment is being bastardised?, every one is suffering for it right now.

I just stopped reading because I know where you are going already

Nigeria would be great.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by mej67: 8:12am On Nov 19, 2016
While agreeing with you, kindly ponder this:

The same GEJ as president with same 'hired' crowd was not able to campaign in same north during his ŕe-election.

Moral of my story: a measure of frankness and acceptance stands behind every hired crowd.

The fact is that ordinary people on the street of the country has yet to practically feel anything good from Buhari administration. Everything is media news about money stolen, recovered; people accused, arrested. But on the ground and for real, nothing except things going worse.

I believe those guys were prompted, but I also believe the feeling of those carrying placard is as real as anything.

donphilopus:

1 Like

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by gykes(m): 8:15am On Nov 19, 2016
hotice01:
OP just one question for you.
Why would GEJ rent a crowd,is he campaigning for anything or political office?

Not even GEJ, why would anyone rent a crowd? Don't they have better things to do with money in this economy?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 19, 2016
"In the eyes of Buhari, every other person is a thief"...

Hahahaha, cheesy cheesy grin

That line cracked me up for real.

Buhari Be like in Phyno's voice "Nna all these other niggas bu ufu (are foxes), dem too thief and loo[t]

1 Like

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:23am On Nov 19, 2016
Am sure even witches in their covens wouldn't mind GEJ......!!

Gen Casandra Disaster!!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by progress69: 8:34am On Nov 19, 2016
richidinho:

How come this Buhari's recession happened overnight, cos i started experiencing it immediately he was sworn in and he spent 6months doing nothing, who caused the 1983 recession?

Bros! You need more gas to be able to support this incompetent administration

U see the point? Zero level of intelligence. Point is we were already sliding into reccession even before this government was sworn in. To understand a simple post in very difficult for clowns that call the president a dullard
Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by Bizibi(m): 8:56am On Nov 19, 2016
Hehehehe,I knew a stupid thread like this will be created......
Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by theSpark(m): 9:04am On Nov 19, 2016
It's indisputable that Nigeria was on the verge of recession just before the 2015 elections. But the truth is the Buhari body lingua exacerbated the recession.
We're just going back and forth like a see saw, to be honest nobody really understands where the president is going (maybe only APC members).
I believe the PDP would have handled the economy better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto by basingstoke: 9:11am On Nov 19, 2016
banki:

what about taking 6months to appoint ministers. What about incompetent one sided appointment, what about Lawal Babachir his SGF who cleared IDP camp for 270 million naira

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Youngest Politician In Nigeria, His Age Will Shock And You / Votes’ll Count – Buhari Campaigner / COVID-19: List Of Poorest Nigerians By State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.