Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! (4065 Views)

How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! / My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again / Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by mayor2013: 8:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
@ OP does your maxima uses 2 speed reference sensor (crankshaft sensor) if it does and the engineer knows its the culprit make sure both are changed. Can you at least snap a pix of the cam sensor and let see if its something some one has here
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by steveyen(m): 8:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
mayor2013:
@ OP does your maxima uses 2 speed reference sensor (crankshaft sensor) if it does and the engineer knows its the culprit make sure both are changed. Can you at least snap a pix of the cam sensor and let see if its something some one has here

An update on the issue. He later got a working sensor. Said he use it to start a Murano with the same engine and it started but still my car will not start. He really do not know what exactly could be d issue now.
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 22, 2016
This is beginning to make a mountain out of a mole. The Max uses two camshaft sensors. The camshaft sensor is literally to be found on every court yard! If you've diagnosed that to be the problem then contact Nissparts and get new ones and not Toks.
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by mayor2013: 8:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
steveyen:

An update on the issue. He later got a working sensor. Said he use it to start a Murano with the same engine and it started but still my car will not start. He really do not know what exactly could be d issue now.

But this car starts prior to now. You only complained of starting and after a while it stalls. Location of this car and lets see what we can do angry
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by steveyen(m): 9:04pm On Nov 22, 2016
Costee:
This is beginning to make a mountain out of a mole. The Max uses two camshaft sensors. The camshaft sensor is literally to be found on every court yard! If you've diagnosed that to be the problem then contact Nissparts and get new ones and not Toks.

Well the auto mechanic said he has got the two working sensors but still car will not start. No spark detected. So he is confused as to know what else to check.
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 22, 2016
steveyen:

Since you've introduced many ecm, scanning would avail little now, excepts its a NATS issue [Does the security indicator light go off or stay on when you turn the ignition to the "on" position?]. I think you should fix back the original ecm and cam sensors, but change the crank sensor. The VIAS too is still lurking.
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 22, 2016
mayor2013:

But this car starts prior to now. You only complained of starting and after a while it stalls. Location of this car and lets see what we can do angry
Partly why I said he was blowing hot and cold.
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by steveyen(m): 10:06pm On Nov 22, 2016
Costee:

Since you've introduced many ecm, scanning would avail little now, excepts its a NATS issue [Does the security indicator light go off or stay on when you turn the ignition to the "on" position?]. I think you should fix back the original ecm and cam sensors, but change the crank sensor. The VIAS too is still lurking.

I will check the NATS issue tomorrow with the mechanic
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by nissparts(m): 10:06pm On Nov 22, 2016
Educated guess, timing chain has jumped

1 Like

Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by steveyen(m): 10:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
Costee:

Partly why I said he was blowing hot and cold.

not me just giving update based on retrogression of the car
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
nissparts:
Then there's probably more than we're told.

1 Like

Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by erico2k2(m): 11:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
steveyen:

I will check the NATS issue tomorrow with the mechanic
Oga name the mech so he can come on here and learn too.
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:49am On Nov 23, 2016
diportivo:

Sorry bro..I feel ur pain

It can be so frustration

I wonder who dis so called popular nairaland mecho is sef undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4188320_peepingtomlouisemorgan_jpegdcbd946b7ca56faaae4883cd11932dd8

1 Like

Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by Lacomb(m): 7:08am On Nov 23, 2016
Op, you just have to be patient I you need this problem fixed, if possible get another car you can use until this is fixed. I pray it is fixed soon. I understand how you feel, went through the same issues. Pele, Ndoo
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by diportivo: 9:07am On Nov 23, 2016

Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by aieromon(m): 9:16pm On Nov 23, 2016
@OP

Sorry you're in this predicament. I suggest you do a lot of reading up on Maxima forums to have a complete understanding on what the real issue is. Remember no be every autoguru here Sabi Nissan and this guess work is not helping matters.

I wonder why the ECU was tampered with in the first place
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by steveyen(m): 9:42pm On Nov 23, 2016
Lacomb:
Op, you just have to be patient I you need this problem fixed, if possible get another car you can use until this is fixed. I pray it is fixed soon. I understand how you feel, went through the same issues. Pele, Ndoo

Thanks for the encouragement. The problem now is that the Mechanic is at loss of idea.
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by steveyen(m): 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2016
aieromon:
@OP

Sorry you're in this predicament. I suggest you do a lot of reading up on Maxima forums to have a complete understanding on what the real issue is. Remember no be every autoguru here Sabi Nissan and this guess work is not helping matters.

I wonder why the ECU was tampered with in the first place

You are right. Not all autoguru sabi Nissan. I am beginning to see this now. I can see clearly the issue is beyond the guy.

i told d guy abt the ECU but he said it has to be the ECU and with all the oscilloscope , computers etc I saw with him I was of the opinion he really knows this things.
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by steveyen(m): 9:51pm On Nov 23, 2016
diportivo:

I blame buhari for d blunder

Meanwhile

Diportivo n Gazzuz while una dey laff naa smiley? Make una help a brother ohhh
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:55pm On Nov 23, 2016
steveyen:

Diportivo n Gazzuz while una dey laff naa smiley? Make una help a brother ohhh

wallahi I am praying for you, prayer is a epp.

If the technician can open on sunday, and will allow external help, I can sacrifice an hour on sunday.
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by steveyen(m): 9:55pm On Nov 23, 2016
nissparts:

We are looking into this. But the guy said he feels that's not the issue because we are not getting spark at all at the coils.
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by steveyen(m): 10:39pm On Nov 23, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

If the technician can open on sunday, and will allow external help, I can sacrifice an hour on sunday.

He is now more than willing to accept external help. He seems to be at lost now. He is now mentioning that the signal plate attached to the flywheel should be the culprit because it is the one that is primarily behind the crankshaft signal sent to the ECM.

We would really appreciate your one hour on Sunday and I guess I really need all the prayer I can get now.
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 23, 2016
Did you look out for the security light?
What ECM is in the car now? The original one or another?
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by mayor2013: 12:20am On Nov 24, 2016
steveyen:

He is now more than willing to accept external help. He seems to be at lost now. He is now mentioning that the signal plate attached to the flywheel should be the culprit because it is the one that is primarily behind the crankshaft signal sent to the ECM.

We would really appreciate your one hour on Sunday and I guess I really need all the prayer I can get now.

I volunteer as well to come in on Sunday.
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 24, 2016
nissparts:
This is perhaps not to be ignored. Refer your mech to this
http://www.justanswer.com/nissan/4n8q7-2004-nissan-maxima-will-crank-won-t-start.html
PS. Lucky you. You now have a coterie of consultants volunteering to enter the fray cheesy
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by diportivo: 7:44am On Nov 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

The great gazzuzz....willing to take time out on a sunday to help u with a nissan shocked shocked shocked

Steveyen,don't pass up this opportunity oh

For whatever its worth

I don carry my own Nissan reach the guy gate and he turned me back.....yes,his shakara can be dat much tongue

But I forgot to vex..cos he is a great guy grin

mayor2013:

I volunteer as well to come in on Sunday.

Mayor2013 too shocked shocked shocked

Unbelievable!!

I need to be at this gathering of gurus...

Make I learn one or two things cool
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 24, 2016
diportivo:

I don carry my own Nissan reach the guy gate and he turned me back...
Well, I kinda see a converse scene here: it's the great Gazz going to meet the mighty Max wink
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by diportivo: 8:35am On Nov 24, 2016
Costee:

Well, I kinda see a converse scene here: it's the great Gazz going to meet the mighty Max wink

I agree

My Nissan is a lowly X
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by steveyen(m): 1:40pm On Nov 24, 2016
I am flattered with all the help I am getting. Gazzuz, Mayor2013, Costee and everybody I hail ohh.
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by steveyen(m): 8:29am On Nov 25, 2016
Update on this.

Compression test was carried out on the engine front three cylinders.

Results : 115 psi, 115 psi and 125 psi

The mechanic is now saying it is the timing chain. He said for this Maxima engine this compression test results is very low.
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by nissparts(m): 9:02am On Nov 25, 2016

1 Like

Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 25, 2016
steveyen:
Update on this.

Compression test was carried out on the engine front three cylinders.

Results : 115 psi, 115 psi and 125 psi

The mechanic is now saying it is the timing chain. He said for this Maxima engine this compression test results is very low.
You have your answer. This is corroborated by the link I referred to above. The car needs a compression pressure of 142psi minimum but preferably 185psi standard. Your ignition timing should be 15° ± 5° BTDC. When this is over don't forget to send a bottle of champagne to Nissparts for originally drawing attention to it.
PS. Going through this thread once again, I think your mech is fairly equipped and competent. The fact is, the peculiarity of certain makes could surely tax the proficiency of the professional.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need A New Car / Which Is Best, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape And Mitsubishi Outlander? / How To Bleed Bmw E46 Brake Abs Unit With Inpa Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.