Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,271 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG (30028 Views)

Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso Is Contesting For President In 2019 - Pulse.ng / President Buhari Receives Emefiele, CBN Governor In Aso Rock / Lawyers Want Buhari To Sack Emefiele, CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by emymeeky: 9:00pm On Nov 19, 2016
When the head is dull , nothing works grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by bigtt76(f): 9:03pm On Nov 19, 2016
Jonathan nor try shaaa. Appointing a clueless person like this as CBN governor. Even Jim Ovia sef nor do well grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 19, 2016
No country just sacks its central bank governor on such a flimsy excuse. Central banks are supposed to have some degree of autonomy, some level of independence from political control.
Former president Jonathan set a very dangerous precedent when he removed Sanusi from office by fiat. Buhari cant just sack the CBN governor without recourse to the senate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by Bahddo(m): 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2016
It is Buhari that should go. He's too dull to run a modern government in a fast-paced era.

4 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by Sibrah: 9:09pm On Nov 19, 2016
uboma:
Emiefiele has since displayed his lack of expertise in managing the economy as the head of the CBN.

He and the Minister of Finance, Adeosun, should be sacked from office and competent hands be allowed to take their roles.
See them . . .

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by PaulIdu: 9:16pm On Nov 19, 2016
Even though Buhari's dullness and myopism is primarily to blame for 70 percent of our economic woes , Immediately I heard the stupid useless CBN governor advice that our phone call should be taxed after 3 minutes I knew he was responsible for the some of our economic woes ..this is how he suggested banks withdraw 65 naira for every third withdrawal on other machine and today they just take the 65 naira any time they want without waiting for you to make 3 withdrawals

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 19, 2016
All this one na story they should go and ask Johnathan how he sacked Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the best CBN governor we ever had. Emefiele is just a curse upon Nigeria and the more he stays there and brings out stupid new CBN Laws every Monday morning the more I ask myself hiw he was even allowed to head a bank like Zenith bank.
All this one na beer parlour gist if buhari wants to sack him, he will sack him and nobody would utter a single word.
The dullard of a president just doesn't want to sack him cos emefiele is loyal to him that's all.
If i were in Buhari's shoes i will have a meeting with Sanusi and Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and ponder over how to get the country out of this rot that we have found ourselves in.
Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2016
I didn't even think he would last this long..

Emiefiele is useless

5 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by treasuredm(f): 9:26pm On Nov 19, 2016
Nnew:
If you can resist the urge of joining MMM in this recesion, There is no temptation you can’t overcome in this life. Even if you are locked in a room with 10 beautiful stripers, my brother I know you will overcome grin
you're so correct... after my last experience with ds networking ppl, I vowed not to go near again... M d only one among my friends that have not joined mmm

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by ChessEnthusiast: 9:27pm On Nov 19, 2016
uboma:
Emiefiele has since displayed his lack of expertise in managing the economy as the head of the CBN.

He and the Minister of Finance, Adeosun, should be sacked from office and competent hands be allowed to take their roles.
What has the minister of finance got to do with this? Don't drag Kemi into the carelessness of your iPad cbn governor who turned our treasury to ATM.
What would you do differently if you were to the the minister of finance?
Talk is cheap

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by Chikpat(m): 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2016
Excuse every where.

For everythng Buhari lacks d will to do, dey find an excuse to paint it priti nice.

Godwin z one of the worst CBN governors Nigeria has ever had. His lackluster performance puts d brilliance and intelligence of d Igbos under question. Go Godwin!

Excuse. Excuse.. Excuse.... Abeg we no dey chop am.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by seguno2: 9:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
Very simple.
Because he gave Aisha Halliburton subsidised forex.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by Decryptor(m): 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2016
I swear i just visited that emefielemustgo.com website! If what Standard Chartered Bank claimed in that website is true, then buhari is so incompetent than i thought! Instead of the DSS arresting the BDCs, why not arrest Emefiele instead and even lock him up? A single man is dictating the way FOREX runs in this country which is affecting us and Buhari is quiet while that dunce called Adeosun keeps speaking big grammar for us on television everyday? I'm sure she also gets her kickback from the scam Emefiele is running in the CBN! This country is F*CKED! angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by precious1967(m): 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2016
useless and visionless governor directing our naira to its grave yard.
Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by checkolatunji: 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2016
uboma:

Wetin concern Adeosun for this matter now? Naija sha

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by uboma(m): 9:45pm On Nov 19, 2016
ChessEnthusiast:

What has the minister of finance got to do with this? Don't drag Kemi into the carelessness of your iPad cbn governor who turned our treasury to ATM.
What would you do differently if you were to the the minister of finance?
Talk is cheap

I won't condescend to your level because everyone knows that Kemi Adeosun (Madam budget support-like I prefer to call her) lacks the expertise to run the Finance Ministry.

Take it or leave it!
Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by checkolatunji: 9:47pm On Nov 19, 2016
MetaHuman:
I didn't even think he would last this long.. grin

Emiefiele is useless

Na so Ipad peeps useless na. You shouldn't be surprise grin
Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by uboma(m): 9:49pm On Nov 19, 2016
checkolatunji:

Wetin concern Adeosun for this matter now? Naija sha

the Nigerian economy is in ruins and you dare ask your silly question?

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2016
treasuredm:

you're so correct... after my last experience with ds networking ppl, I vowed not to go near again... M d only one among my friends that have not joined mmm
My sister please resist temptation and don't join o. The day that scheme will fallIke a pack of cards is still coming.
I did something similar to this so many years ago. did I benefit anything no. better save your money in a fixed deposit account.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by checkolatunji: 9:54pm On Nov 19, 2016
uboma:

I won't condescend to your level because everyone knows that Kemi Adeosun (Madam budget support-like I prefer to call her) lacks the expertise to run the Finance Ministry.

Take it or leave it!

You still haven't made any point as to why she should be sacked. Is she the person making monetary policies?

May be you should try and make your point clear

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 19, 2016
Decryptor:
I swear i just visited that emefielemustgo.com website! If what Standard Chartered Bank claimed in that website is true, then buhari is so incompetent than i thought! Instead of the DSS arresting the BDCs, why not arrest Emefiele instead and even lock him up? A single man is dictating the way FOREX runs in this country which is affecting us and Buhari is quiet while that dunce called Adeosun keeps speaking big grammar for us on television everyday? I'm sure she also gets her kickback from the scam Emefiele is running in the CBN! This country is F*CKED! angry angry angry
Bros Pls is this emefielemustgo.com website real at all?
Decryptor:
Decryptor:
Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by Ugosample(m): 9:57pm On Nov 19, 2016
He has not sacked Him because he has no powers to sack him, simple. You think you just sack central bank governors at will?

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by Ugosample(m): 9:57pm On Nov 19, 2016
kropotkin2:
No country just sacks its central bank governor on such a flimsy excuse. Central banks are supposed to have some degree of autonomy, some level of independence from political control.
Former president Jonathan set a very dangerous precedent when he removed Sanusi from office by fiat. Buhari cant just sack the CBN governor without recourse to the senate

Exactly

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by ChessEnthusiast: 9:58pm On Nov 19, 2016
uboma:

Take it or leave it!
Nigeria was sliding into recession six years ago...We didn't just wake up one day and found ourselves in recession. We are paying for the several years of wastefulness. We earned so much revenue from oil proceeds in the last six years - thanks to a high oil price, but what reasonable things did we do with the revenue? There are no capital projects that stand the test of time. Bulk of the revenue was used to foot recurrent expenditure. Massive looting of the treasury took place and the nation's treasury was turned into an ATM where every dick and Harry could dip theirs hands and grab their own share of the loot.

All these led to where we are now. Is it now fair on you to blame the economy woes on Kemi? No magic wand is gonna take the country away from recession. We had the opportunity during the time of oil boom to diversify the economy and invest in massive infrastructural projects but we threw that opportunity away. the only major forex earner for the country is crude oil and we still import the same fuel.. does this make sense sir?

Let us be fair when we throw blames and want to use innocent people as scape goat for our woes and failures without taking into consideration the prevailing cicumstances.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 19, 2016
uboma:

Take it or leave it!
and adeosun is now in charge of cbn or for ex policy that caused inflation?

Use your head not your sentiment.
Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by uboma(m): 10:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
ChessEnthusiast:

Nigeria was sliding into recession six years ago...We didn't just wake up one day and found ourselves in recession. We are paying for the several years of wastefulness. We earned so much revenue from oil proceeds in the last six years - thanks to a high oil price, but what reasonable things did we do with the revenue? There are no capital projects that stand the test of time. Bulk of the revenue was used to foot recurrent expenditure. Massive looting of the treasury took place and the nation's treasury was turned into an ATM where every dick and Harry could dip theirs hands and grab their own share of the loot.

All these led to where we are now. Is it now fair on you to blame the economy woes on Kemi? No magic wand is gonna take the country away from recession. We had the opportunity during the time of oil boom to diversify the economy and invest in massive infrastructural projects but we threw that opportunity away. the only major forex earner for the country is crude oil and we still import the same fuel.. does this make sense sir?

Let us be fair when we throw blames and want to use innocent people as scape goat for our woes and failures without taking into consideration the prevailing cicumstances.

cry me a river.....

my opinion will still not change
Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 19, 2016
Nairalanders please if you can go to this website and read more about the atrocities this man who calls himself CBN governor commits www.emefielemustgo.com.
Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by Decryptor(m): 10:05pm On Nov 19, 2016
dumo1:

How do you mean? You are seeing something there koro-koro and you are asking if it is real?
Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by pressplay411(m): 10:05pm On Nov 19, 2016
It's too easy to connect the dots of this instability in Forex leading to Emefiele.

It's too glaring it's almost blindening.
How Buhari and his advisors fail to see this beats my imagination.

This is someone that was handpicked by GEJ to cover up the tracks of the most corrupt administration the continent has ever experienced.

It's not news that a popular bank was notorious for warehousing laundered money for government and in compensation their GMD was made CBN Governor.

Firing and Jailing Emefiele should have been Buhari's first official action in his famous fight against corruption. Who knows how much this single action would have saved Nigeria from it's present precarious predicament.

Like a popular Yoruba adage says;
- Kokoro tin jefo, idi efo lowa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by drss2(m): 10:05pm On Nov 19, 2016
i said dis before n i will say it again, if i were emefiele, i would have resigned from dis directionless regime to save my reputation from d illitrate in power. look at wat they ar doing to him now sad they have began a campaign of columny against him. since wen did cbn have d power to commission or oder dss (daura boys brigade) to arrest pipul who commands dss if not d president see how they carefully fabricated dis article to make it look like it was cbn dat commisioned dss to raid bdc operative so as to excuse d dullard n lay d blame squarely on emefiele. sad any way i no blame dem, na emefiele i blame for allowing himself to be used by illitrates.
uselss daura govt.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by ChessEnthusiast: 10:08pm On Nov 19, 2016
uboma:

cry me a river.....

my opinion will still not change
Of course, you're another pained wailer cum ipork yoot who couldn't stomach the fact that their local champion and intellectual fat buffoon NOI rubbished Nigeria's economy even at a time when oil prices sold the highest and was butted out.

You lack capacity for intellectual debate, hence, the need to take the easy way out. After destroying the economy with their incompetence, they're looking for whom to use as scape goat. Like NOI, like Emefiele - bunch of clueless and incompetent mofos

She has no expertise only in your warped mentality.

Now run along

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG by AkupeMBANO(m): 10:10pm On Nov 19, 2016
who will ever want to take over from Emefiele's rubbish? he should eat his crap. if Buhari sacks him, the same Buhari should take over. because no one is interested in their nonsensical policies Biko.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Niger Delta Avengers: Nigeria's Newest Militants - BBC / Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians / Uzodimma Names Federal Secretariat/PH Road After President Buhari (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.