Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,729 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes (36489 Views)

7.5% VAT On Phone CALLS, SMS - FIRS Incharge - Pantami / No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami / Why You Should Use Only The Left Ear To Answer Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Boyooosa(m): 5:08pm On Nov 19, 2016
One thing is to raise funds, important is to not embezzle it again!

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Lezzjnr: 5:14pm On Nov 19, 2016

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by amazingfrank(m): 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2016
What a shame. This will only come from someone that lack ideas and solutions to tackle our economic challenges. Who told you that it is only the middle and top classes that make calls beyond 3 minutes. May GOD rescue us from these Misfits in Government.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2016
This man is clearly out of ideas...the only policies these people keep bringing up are the ones that will exploit the masses...it's dead on arrival...period!...useless govt undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by UjSizzle(f): 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2016
The thunder that will fire him eh... undecided
Rubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by amazingfrank(m): 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2016
GOD bless you.
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Almand: 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
Thunder wen go fire emefiele don finish training since. E dey on flight. E go soon heat am

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Daboomb: 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
KINGwax007:
The thing is: u can't just open ur mouth and borrow western solution and expect it to work. Just like NOI advises buhari to increase TAX and VAT, just the way the wests used to do whenever they are hit with cash crunch..

because UK has turned its voice calls into luxury and her citizens have resolved to using WhatsApp call, abandoning the hpnewly highly taxed voice calls, doesn't mean we shld do the same.

Why not start by reducing the coat of governance and see?

But, if you wish to do that, I get IMO, WhatsApp, Google duo and line... E no go matter, I am always online...and my Mtn na baba when it comes to network reception..

[b]This is what happens when morally and intellectually bankrupt people who have stolen money travel abroad and hear that Mama Charlie is doing something to raise money, they quickly come down to Nigeria and start forming that they are intelligent and have discovered a cure for slice bread! grin grin

This man qualifies to be the worst CBN Governor Nigeria has ever had, even Sanusi the Mallam was better than this one!
His policies are full of trial and error and l am still amazed that Buhari has not done anything about him, despite all his goofs that is killing the economy?

*How come the Emefiele did not come back to tell us How Britain provides subsidised/free houses for the less privileged?
*How they provide weekly allowances for unemployed people and Yoots?
*How internet/Data is very stable and smooth, coupled with stable Electricity?
*How Britain has zero tolerance for Corruption, especially among its parliamentarians (equivalent of our own "padding" National Assembly members)?

The only thing Emefiele sees is how to tax phone calls? How silly can anyone get, in the CBN?
And to think the braggart's phone-calls are paid for, with our Tax money!

Shame on you, Emefielle.[/b] undecided

4 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by kechywillz(m): 5:37pm On Nov 19, 2016
These clueless men want to smoke us dry,which kind wicked govt is this angry
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by tekslee: 5:40pm On Nov 19, 2016
May thunder Fi that his bald head

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by tiwiex(m): 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2016
menxer:
I guess it would be better FG implement totalitarian martial law so that every aspect of our lives can be controlled, so I can't decide how long I can talk on my phone with my airtime?

Una don finish muzzling people in the financial sector now na telecommunications, Issorite.

They didn't muzzle the financial sector. They killed it. Now onto the next one. From a man who has no business there. TSA should never have happened. Govt makes over 100b in interest from d funds now in TSA. How much do they make now? We were warned. You can't give what u don't have.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by menxer: 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
tiwiex:

They didn't muzzle the financial sector. They killed it. Now onto the next one. From a man who has no business there. TSA should never have happened. Govt makes over 100b in interest from d funds now in TSA. How much do they make now? We were warned. You can't give what u don't have.

Now "they" have TSA, is that not enough?

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Goyim: 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2016
Blue3k:
Why not cut spending and reduce taxes. These guys want to bleed to citezens dry. It doesn't make sense. Can anyone tell me a service the federal government provides that you're very satisfied with?

read my lips
N-O-T-H-I-N-G!

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by FrenchyL(m): 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2016
AntiWailer:
Not a bad idea.

If we pay jst 1 % tax on 100,000,000,000 Naira 100billion naira spent per annum on calls.

That is 1,000,000,000,000

1 Billion Naira Revenue.

And we will not even feel it as callers.

Could you explain a bit further please...
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by cuteralph101(m): 6:12pm On Nov 19, 2016
NanagistBlog:

http://nairametrics.com/emperor-emefiele-calls-for-a-tax-on-gsm-calls-above-3-minutes/
Confused administration. Think Nigerians are stupid trust Boys we got a solution...for me my calls ends at 2mins 50s. Dia fada

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Sammyblaq(m): 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2016
...And he calls himself the Apex bank Governor.
This guy is not serious.
Most of them owns more than 10 cars, while homeboys dey hustle get 1.
Make una start car taxation(as per more than 1 car owned).

Thunder loading...

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by litaninja(m): 6:21pm On Nov 19, 2016
Now its obvious....the majority of these current guys appear to be just as clueless as the last set. Tax? Phone calls? After 3 minutes?
Instead of making business and manufacturing environment more viable in nigeria so our industries can grow 3 minute phone call tax
Pls who has that" receive sense" meme?

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Iganboh: 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2016
Please is it a crime to be in Nigeria?
Why are they so much interested in sucking out the little blood remaining in the masses?
People can't eat to satisfaction again yet they are bent on adding more stress and affliction. So the only way to increase revenue is to take from the those who are struggling to survive.

MAYBE GOD OR DEVIL IS PUNISHING NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by engrMikemd(m): 6:29pm On Nov 19, 2016
AntiWailer:
Not a bad idea.

If we pay jst 1 % tax on 100,000,000,000 Naira 100billion naira spent per annum on calls.

That is 1,000,000,000,000

1 Billion Naira Revenue.

And we will not even feel it as callers.
I concurrent
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 19, 2016
SycophanticGoat:
Just execute us all...
no they will kill only northerners like they use Boko Haram on them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by janvier27(m): 6:40pm On Nov 19, 2016
Why would he not say this when he cleverly re-introduced COT and nothing happened. Suddenly becoming a patriot for obvious reasons.
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by tomzman: 6:40pm On Nov 19, 2016
If there was ever an award for the dumbest CBN governor of all time, Emefiele would have no one to contend with for the award. I'm still trying to figure out why Buhari hasn't grown the balls to send this epitome of incompetence out of his government.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by knightsamsong(m): 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2016
Yorubas will be affected more
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by kaboninc(m): 6:43pm On Nov 19, 2016
Ijaya123:

Simply because with your post, it's obvious you're not in touch with reality.

I don't blame you.

Lol
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by dayowunmi(m): 6:45pm On Nov 19, 2016
The best way to get money in this recession is to reduce the salaries, allowances and entitlements of all political office holders starting from the president, senators and honorable to the cbn governor himself and the others, their salaries and allowances should be cut by 50% I can assure that will be a helluva money for the federal government to spend to better the lot of the hoipolloi and they know it but their hypocrisy won't let them suggest that, but instead, the only way they can think of getting more money is to collect more from the average Nigerians.
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by millhouse: 6:48pm On Nov 19, 2016
first he tried to chase MMM away but failed...now wants to frustrate telecom operators and users... this man must by an evil genius with a capital E

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 19, 2016
This man does really needs to go, time's up!

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by pushkin(f): 7:21pm On Nov 19, 2016
Stupid suggestions coming from a cbn governor whose wardrobe allowance is 100 million naira every year. Quote me anywhere. You can even confirm. Nonsense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NCC Suspends Data Price Increase / Mtn Introduces 2GB For N1000 Data Plan / Infinix Hot 6 Pro Specifications And Price In Nigeria, Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.