Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,090 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Ondo 2016: The Common Sense - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo 2016: The Common Sense (643 Views)

Ondo 2016: Pdp Members Defect Enmass To Apc / Buhari, Osinbajo, Tinubu, Aregbesola Absent At APC Rally For Ondo 2016 Election / Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ondo 2016: The Common Sense by EYIBLESSN(m): 5:19pm On Nov 19, 2016
ONDO 2016: THE COMMON SENSE. Permit me to yet express my view on the forthcoming election in the Sunshine state now that it's just 7days to go. I call this election the election of common sense. I appreciate your tolerance in reading my posts all along. Now, I consider that if anyone will take a decision that will impact on the generality of the people for 4 years or more, without gainsay, common sense, I mean good sense should prevail over sectional interests and other frivolities. Meanwhile, now that Mr. Jimoh Ibrahim remains the candidate of the PDP, it is common sense to congratulate him and his supporters. In the same way, we mourn with Mr. Eyitayo Jegede on this temporary defeat (or is it a permanent defeat)? This is not being mischievous, this is common sense, this is biblical. Now the common sense is that Ondo state people must vote for someone who can take them out of this dungeon that Mimiko put them in the last 8 years into the mountaintop of prosperity and progress. The common sense is that they should use their votes once and for all to establish a better future for themselves and their children. Now it is common sense NOT to sell their votes, so they can get good roads, better health care, electricity, youth empowerment, gainful employment and all the good things of life that a responsible government can offer. The common sense is for the masses to use their votes to punish the iniquities of the wicked souls who have ruled them in the last 8 years. The common sense is that the people should not be deceived. The common sense is that the friend of my enemy is also my enemy. Now we hear that Mimiko is running to another party for safety and soft landing. Whether he joins APC, PDP or AD, he remains the common enemy of the sunshine state. Anyone who harbours him under whatever guise, automatically becomes the enemy of Ondo state. Now the common sense is that if anyone wants to legitimately win an election, he should talk to the electorates and persuade them based on issues. Now if Olusola Oke is traversing the length and breadth of the state campaigning for votes, while some candidates idle away- not campaigning, yet boasting that they will win, the common sense should be that we shouldn't take them serious, at best we should see them as fraud, fronting for the man who squandered our resources in the last 8 years. We should be resolute and punish them with our votes. Now the common sense is that a person should not be so daft that he will get some few thousands of Naira, and foolishly trade his future away. Only idiots and fools will sell their votes at the juncture will have now reached in Ondo state. A man who collects a piece of bread, even if the bread was baked with gold, in exchange for electricity supply; good healthcare; employment, etc is at best a fool. Now Ondo state is known to be populated by people who have loads of common sense. The common sense is that common sense be deployed when it really matter most. The common sense is that we should send all these thieves and robbers packing. The common sense is to vote for a man that we can trust; a man that grew up among us; a man that has the love of the people at heart; a man that want imported to come and rule us; a man who hasn't be tested at any capacity as a public servant and who has not shown any capacity to thrive as a public servant. Now the common sense is that Ondo state, having suffered these 8 years should not be used as a guinea pig by those who don't even know where it is itching the good people of Ondo state. The common is to vote our own; a man that has become a movement with the support of the teeming masses; it is common sense to vote Olusola Oke. The common sense is that you can't be doing the same thing the same way, and expect a different result. The common sense is that to make a difference now, we should go and vote for the right person; the candidate that makes common sense - the man called Olusola Oke. The common sense is that INEC and the Federal government will allow the people of Ondo state to choose who leads them. Now it is common sense for all those external forces, whether they be ministers or governors of other states, who want to learn foil the will of the people to have a rethink and stare clear of Ondo state or be disgraced. As we go into the polls on November 26, the common sense is that the popular candidate becomes our governor; our governor with our interest at heart. We trust God that God is the God of common sense. Common sense is that God will not deliberately hurt His people and give them another squanderer of resources and opportunities after these excruciating 8 years of Mimiko in Ondo. For our sins as a state, we have prayed and believe that the Almighty has forgiven us; we know that this time, God the God of common sense will give us a leader that makes common sense. This is the common sense that His Excellency, Chief Olusola Oke is the governor of Ondo state from February 2017. It will be a demonstration of common sense, if you share this post and continue to sensitize our people especially if you subscribe to this Ondo state agenda. Our state will be liberated for the shackles of oppression and untold hardship inflicted on our dear state. God bless Ondo state. God bless you for your time and effort reading this post. Thank you.
Re: Ondo 2016: The Common Sense by omaolowo(m): 5:43pm On Nov 19, 2016
You started off the narration well on the "common sense" avenue....

But I am sorry I cannot say that with the conclusion has kept you in this same avenue that you started off
Re: Ondo 2016: The Common Sense by muyibaba222(m): 7:04pm On Nov 19, 2016
Truly common sense is not common. This is campaign and not common sense article . US election should be a lesson to you. Media does not quaranty win for candidates in election, just that we associate it with 'rigging' in Nigeria. Aketi is campaigning too, just that he doesn't have access to media like Oke cos BAT controls media in south west (watch TVC NEWS to confirm)
As for Mimiko, I will score him about average. Second term is what killed him. If not for court cases, I can assure you Jegede would win cos Mimiko understands Ondo politics more that anybody.

(1) (Reply)

The Reasons Why Ondo People Refused To Vote For PDP / BREAKING NEWS! Kogi State Commissioner Resigns / Buhari Hosts ECOWAS Heads Of State To A 50th Session Meeting In Abuja(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.