Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,071 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:06 PM

The Heart And Soul Of Nnamdi Kanu, By Femi Fani-kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Heart And Soul Of Nnamdi Kanu, By Femi Fani-kayode (477 Views)

Biafra: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? By Amanze Obi / The Rise And Fall Of Nnamdi Kanu By Shaka Momodu / Biafra: Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Heart And Soul Of Nnamdi Kanu, By Femi Fani-kayode by SkytrendNews: 6:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
In my essay titled “Head Bloodied But Not Bowed And The Ascension Of President-Elect Donald J. Trump” (Part 1) I wrote the following:

“When I went to visit the great and brilliant freedom fighter, Nnamdi Kanu, who is the leader of IPOB and easily the most courageous, powerful and credible Igbo leader in Nigeria today in his cell we had a very instructive and long discussion.

I had never met Nnamdi before and I was amazed at his depth of knowledge, his immense courage and his deep convictions.

There is no doubt in my mind that that man is going places and in him the Igbo have an Ojukwu and a Nnamdi Azikiwe all rolled into one. He is destined for greatness”.

Apparantly my words have created quite a stir amongst those who believe that Mazi Nnamdi Kanu cannot be mentioned in the same breath as Azikiwe or Ojukwu, both of whom, in my view, are also great men.

Yet despite their reservations I believe that we must give honor to whom it is due. Consequently I have no regrets for what I have said.

Those that are upset at the fact that I spoke highly of the IPOB leader are misguided and, worst still, they lack vision, foresight and insight.

They not only lack the ability to perceive individuals and events accurately but they also lack the gift of discermment. They may see the man but they cannot assess or recognise the spirit that is in him and that motivates him.

Worse of all they are suffering from good old fashioned envy and they have been afflicted with the worst form of ignorance.

Most of them have never even met Kanu let alone know him. I sat next to him for three solid hours in the most challenging and difficult circumstances.

MORE: http://skytrendnews.com/2016/11/19/heart-soul-nnamdi-kanu-fani-kayode/

Re: The Heart And Soul Of Nnamdi Kanu, By Femi Fani-kayode by SkytrendNews: 6:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
Re: The Heart And Soul Of Nnamdi Kanu, By Femi Fani-kayode by AntiIPOOP(m): 6:59pm On Nov 19, 2016
lol. No more chest beating again?

(1) (Reply)

Atiku: Sharia States Opposed To Alcohol Should Not Share From Alcohol Tax / Nigerian Governors And Publicity Stunts / Photo Of Zahra Buhari And Ahmed Indimi At Their Traditional Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.