Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:27 PM

The Death Penalty Is The Only Way Out For Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Death Penalty Is The Only Way Out For Nigeria! (613 Views)

Uche Ekwunife Visits Chris Ngige Over The Death Of His Dad (Pic) / North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption / Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Death Penalty Is The Only Way Out For Nigeria! by donjon: 11:01pm On Nov 04, 2009
With the death penalty,mistakes like ibori, will not happen again!
What are your views & opinions?
Re: The Death Penalty Is The Only Way Out For Nigeria! by chidichris(m): 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2009
any arrangements that will bring criminals like bode george to say their last prayers before the hangs men will be the genuine way forward.
how do u intend to take care of corruption when gang leaders get only two 2 yrs imprisonment?
kill 1 or 2 and u will see that nigerians have values for their lives and will not go close to aso rock again.
Re: The Death Penalty Is The Only Way Out For Nigeria! by citizenY(m): 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2009
why not?
Re: The Death Penalty Is The Only Way Out For Nigeria! by nex(m): 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2009
I've always believed people should not be allowed to spend extended periods of time under government care as punishment for crimes they commit.

Originally, jail was built as a temporary place to keep criminals before they are sentenced and punished. Punishment would either be fines, banishment, flagellation, mutilation or death. So everybody in jail at that time were either awaiting trial or awaiting punishment. However, along the line, warders began to write reports to the government on how the prisoners hated prison, and that was how jailterm became a punishment for crime.

I don't believe in jailterm as punishment for crime. It never reforms anybody. They come back even more hardened.

Bode George deserves mutilation and a fine of everything he has.
Re: The Death Penalty Is The Only Way Out For Nigeria! by hasyak(m): 4:44pm On Nov 09, 2009
in what i will recommend should be 10YRS IN PRISON WITH HARD LABOUR, THEN DEATH BY HANGING
Re: The Death Penalty Is The Only Way Out For Nigeria! by hasyak(m): 4:49pm On Nov 09, 2009
infact, what i will recommend should be 10YRS IN PRISON WITH HARD LABOUR, THEN DEATH BY HANGING

(1) (Reply)

First Bank Profits Drops Due To Bad Loans Exposure. / Why We Created Crisis For Bank Ceos - Cbn Gov / Please Let Us Know What You Will Do If You Become The Next President Of Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.