Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Game Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Game Programming (1202 Views)

Android Game Programming For Subway Surfers / Game Programming Tutorials ( Angry Birds, Pvz Etc ) / Tutorials On Game Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Game Programming by babadee08: 11:12pm On Nov 04, 2009
I am currently writing a 3D game using a free Engine. it is Irrlicht Engine.
Hope i'll get help from this forum. you can download a copy of the engine from Irrlicht website.
it requires a substantial knowledge of C++

If anyone is intrested,  i am willing to share some of my codes for my current project.
Re: Game Programming by Dolemite(f): 4:23pm On Nov 05, 2009
What are the prospects of pc game programming commercially in Nigeria? Im currently into actionscript, darkbasic,
Re: Game Programming by Kemjisuper(m): 7:40am On Nov 06, 2009
Yeah man, and pls share the Irrlicht website address undecided
Re: Game Programming by babadee08: 10:09pm On Nov 24, 2009
hi, guys thanks for the interest. the SDK can be downloaded at http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net
Re: Game Programming by dueal(m): 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2009
@babadee08. If i may ask, what genre is this game project ur on in? Might tip u some pointer, that's if u want.
Re: Game Programming by babadee08: 7:14pm On Nov 29, 2009
the game i am writing is a FPS (First person shooter) game based on the story of the nigerian civil war. currently i am having issues with the AI (Artificial intelligence) and more so, i am the only one on it right now and i'm also a student, so my attention is currently divided but i try to create time for the game. Anyways, thanks for the reply.
Re: Game Programming by Kemjisuper(m): 12:48pm On Nov 30, 2009
How you doing for Game graphics? Anything I can do to help? I actually have a game project in mind but I don't know jack about the programming aspect.

Re: Game Programming by dueal(m): 3:49pm On Dec 06, 2009
@babadee. Sorry 4 d delay in reposting, just checked this thread today. In game's we implement only what's needed for trtle in question. That's we fake AI. Since i assume u knw OOP enough u should create this hierachy. U'll need a base type that i call AISequence and from that derive NavigationSequence, CombatSequence, & DefenceSequence. Then create a base type i call AI, this will contain a reference to a vector or list of pointers to AISequences and a infer() method which takes an enum of on sequence and also a learn() method which takes a refrence to an AISequence. Hope ur getting the concept! Since in games we require navigation, combat and/ defence.this is what i use for ai characters in my lil' engine. Hope u can implement the rest. Good luck!
Re: Game Programming by Seun(m): 11:48am On Dec 08, 2009
Moved to programming section.  See also:
- aspiring video game programmers lounge.
- tutorials on game programming
Re: Game Programming by logica(m): 2:45pm On Dec 08, 2009
Dolemite:

What are the prospects of pc game programming commercially in Nigeria? Im currently into actionscript, darkbasic,
Don't you think it will be globally acclaimed if it was any good? Don't dwell on the Nigerian market. There's nothing stopping you from creating games that will be downloaded and bought world-wide, even while you live in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Be A Programmes / Video Tutorials On SQL, For Free / Help With Sqlite Select

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.