Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,271 members, 7,836,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? (7562 Views)

Eleven Die In A Road Accident On The Benin-Ore Road (Photos) / Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) / See The State Of Mile 2 Road This Morning Cause By Petrol Tankers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by ekoboy: 1:20am On Nov 05, 2009
Nls, Anybody used Lagos-Ore-Benin expressroad recently. Whats the state of the road?
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by ikeyman00(m): 10:12pm On Nov 05, 2009
bump
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 06, 2009
I'm curious to see the answer to this too.
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by megastu(m): 10:08am On Nov 06, 2009
It still takes about 7 hours to get to Benin from Lagos. I doubt if they will fix that road pretty soon. The airlines are smiling to the Banks, as a result of this.
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by honeric01(m): 10:12am On Nov 06, 2009
megastu:

It still takes about 7 hours to get to Benin from Lagos. I doubt if they will fix that road pretty soon. The airlines are smiling to the Banks, as a result of this.

Liar, angry angry angry

within 4 hours, you will get to Benin from Lagos except you traveling by Carmen.
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by megastu(m): 10:18am On Nov 06, 2009
@honeric,

Travellling to Benin from Lagos takes about 7 hours. Of course i meant by car. Cant you decipher this from the previous post.
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by honeric01(m): 10:26am On Nov 06, 2009
megastu:

@honeric,

Travellling to Benin from Lagos takes about 7 hours. Of course i meant by car. Cant you decipher this from the previous post.

Bro, stop lying please, it's what i know that i am talking about. on a normal day, it's 4 hours, but when there's a program going on either at Ansa rudeen prayer ground, mountain of fire or redeem, that's when it gets to like 5-6 hours, but 7 hours on a normal day is a lie

1 Like

Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by asha80(m): 11:53am On Nov 06, 2009
when last have you travelled on that road ^^^
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 06, 2009
honeric01:

Liar, angry angry angry

within 4 hours, you will get to Benin from Lagos except you traveling by Carmen.

Lol. . .no need to call him a liar though. All depends on how fast you're prepared to drive. It could possibly take 7 hours.
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by honeric01(m): 1:27pm On Nov 06, 2009
Siena:

Lol. . .no need to call him a liar though. All depends on how fast you're prepared to drive. It could possibly take 7 hours.

That's why i asked what kind of transportation means he's talking about. if it's a Carmen kind of vehicle, then it's possible, but Edegbe and co won't stay on the road for 7 hours lailai except something happens.
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by richman3: 10:40pm On Nov 06, 2009
IF you are unfortunatete to boad a vehicle carrying contradbands goods it takes up 10hrs cos the police will stop the driver to 1k in check point. plus the valley on the road. pls note: (not port holes but valley) so be careful

the road is slated for construction year 2020 according the 7 point agenda.
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by ekoboy: 12:55am On Nov 07, 2009
rich man:

IF you are unfortunatete to boad a vehicle carrying contradbands goods it takes up 10hrs cos the police will stop the driver to 1k in check point. plus the valley on the road. pls note: (not port holes but valley) so be careful

the road is slated for construction year 2020 according the 7 point agenda.
Lol
I heard it takes 2days to get to most parts of east from Lagos now. Like someone said the airlines are making a kill from this. Was planning on driving to east with a couple of friends but with what i've heard, won't try it. Heard the state of the road is good bad enough to reck a jeep.
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by honeric01(m): 10:02am On Nov 07, 2009
ekoboy:

Lol
I heard it takes 2days to get to most parts of east from Lagos now. Like someone said the airlines are making a kill from this. Was planning on driving to east with a couple of friends but with what i've heard, won't try it. Heard the state of the road is good bad enough to reck a jeep.

Driving from Lagos to Benin is an average of 5 hours and traveling to kwara is 7 hours. (FACT)
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by Kc0022000(m): 1:57pm On Nov 09, 2009
honeric01:

Driving from Lagos to Benin is an average of 5 hours and traveling to kwara is 7 hours. (FACT)

That is not fact, it took me 4hrs from lagos to kwara some months back but with private car so am not sure of your 7hours fact
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by honeric01(m): 2:01pm On Nov 09, 2009
Kc0022000:

That is not fact, it took me 4hrs from lagos to kwara some months back but with private car so am not sure of your 7hours fact

If Lagos to kwara is 4 hours, then Lagos to Benin should be what? 1 hour? grin grin grin
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by gongoaso1: 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2009
honeric01:

If Lagos to kwara is 4 hours, then Lagos to Benin should be what? 1 hour? grin grin grin

guy no kidding here, facts are sacred
lagos to kwara (ilorin) is indeed 4hrs, could even be less.
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by honeric01(m): 6:00pm On Nov 09, 2009
gongo aso:

guy no kidding here, facts are sacred
lagos to kwara (ilorin) is indeed 4hrs, could even be less.

Mr man, stop lying, a person just came back from Kwara yesterday, when she was going, it took her closed to 7 hours, when she was coming, it was 7 hours plus, so what are you trying to say here? if kwara is 4 hours journey, how many hours would Benin be?
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by gongoaso1: 8:06pm On Nov 09, 2009
honeric01:

Mr man, stop lying, a person just came back from Kwara yesterday, when she was going, it took her closed to 7 hours, when she was coming, it was 7 hours plus, so what are you trying to say here? if kwara is 4 hours journey, how many hours would Benin be?

chief, no lying here. that analogy of comparing the distance to benin and kwara no go work
you are acting on hearsay, am telling fact. used to shuttle that axis while i was in the country last. this is as recent as august.
never spent more than 4hrs.
cept there is hold up along iwo road axis. even then there are alternative routes through the city.
haba. 7hrs ke?
bullocks.

1 Like

Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by ekoboy: 9:33pm On Nov 09, 2009
quote author=gongo aso link=topic=347506.msg4891170#msg4891170 date=1257793568]
chief, no lying here. that analogy of comparing the distance to benin and kwara no go work
you are acting on hearsay, am telling fact. used to shuttle that axis while i was in the country last. this is as recent as august.
cept there is hold up along iwo road axis. even then there are alternative routes through the city.
haba. 7hrs ke?
bullocks.

[quote][/quote]

I think there is some confusion here. Do you pass through Benin while going to Kwara? I
heard there is no road btw Ore and Benin. That there is always a loooooooooooooooong queue of vehices caused by the cars trying to negotiate through gullies on the road. Infact the way the story went it won't take you less than 9hrs to get to Onitsha. I know Onitsha is about 2hrs from Benin(that road is good), so i think am going with the guy that says 7hrs to Benin. But mind you i said not less than 9hrs to Onitsha, which means it could be more.
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by honeric01(m): 1:15pm On Nov 10, 2009
gongo aso:

haba. 7hrs ke?
bullocks.

Guy, i am talking based on the fact that i think i have the current time-frame than you. my girlfriend traveled to kwara from Lagos, they left the park around (Ojota) around 10:24am, got to Kwara around 6:00pm. that's roughly 7hours journey, when she was coming back on Sunday, it was the same, she left kwara around 9:40am and got to Lagos around 5:15pm, so i know what i am talking about.

Lagos to Benin is within 4-5hours and Lagos to Kwara is within 6-7hours. so you can try going on a more current journey, then come here and tell us if it's lesser or higher
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by megastu(m): 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2009
Gentlemen,

Federal Government has awarded contract for the reconstruction of the road. However, the failed parts are being rehabilitated, so i am sure lagos-benin will soon be 4 hours, as it used to.
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by gongoaso1: 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2009
megastu:

Gentlemen,

Federal Government has awarded contract for the reconstruction of the road. However, the failed parts are being rehabilitated, so i am sure lagos-benin will soon be 4 hours, as it used to.

same contract they have been awarding and re-awarding
we can only hope its for real this time.
Last time I passed that road, some gullies almost swallowed the car up embarassed

@honeric
august aint that too long a time ago.
ask ur GF, the bus must have had some probs on the way or the driver took a wrong route.
Perhaps she travelled to the northern ends of kwara. I'm talking of Ilorin here.
Ilorin is 2-3hrs from Ibadan.
smiley
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by honeric01(m): 5:51pm On Nov 10, 2009
gongo aso:

same contract they have been awarding and re-awarding
we can only hope its for real this time.
Last time I passed that road, some gullies almost swallowed the car up embarassed

@honeric
august aint that too long a time ago.
ask your GF, the bus must have had some probs on the way or the driver took a wrong route.
Perhaps she travelled to the northern ends of kwara. I'm talking of Ilorin here.
Ilorin is 2-3hrs from Ibadan.
smiley
Where is Kwara poly? how long is the distance from Lagos to Ibadan?
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by gongoaso1: 9:33pm On Nov 10, 2009
honeric01:

Where is Kwara poly?

Ilorin

honeric01:

how long is the distance from Lagos to Ibadan?

sounds like a jamb question
cheesy
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by honeric01(m): 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2009
gongo aso:

Ilorin

sounds like a jamb question
cheesy

Since kwara poly is in ilorin, that means it takes roughly 7 hours to get to ilorin from Lagos based on the current journey my person took there. there was no stop on the road except the rest room stops every vehicle take on such an highway.

So back to the question, how long is the distance from Lagos to Ibadan if Ibadan to kwara is 2-3 hours.
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by gongoaso1: 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2009
honeric01:

So back to the question, how long is the distance from Lagos to Ibadan if Ibadan to kwara is 2-3 hours.

one hour basically.
one and a half in public transport
4-24hrs if any camp is holding.
cheesy

but really wats baffling is this ur sticking to d report of a journey you probably haven't taken before.
you should get a second opinion from someone that plys that route.
ur gf should try emirates line@ Ijora
a/c tight
4hrs max.
wink
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by honeric01(m): 6:00pm On Nov 11, 2009
gongo aso:

one hour basically.
one and a half in public transport
4-24hrs if any camp is holding.
cheesy

but really wats baffling is this your sticking to d report of a journey you probably haven't taken before.
you should get a second opinion from someone that plys that route.
your gf should try emirates line@ Ijora
a/c tight
4hrs max.
wink

Man, i don't have to argue again. i go to benin from lagos almost everytime but not kwara. to benin with edegbe is 4hours, don't tell me about a/c or freeze,

based on last week journey with ac to kwara, it was 7hours, i conclude my case.
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by ikeyman00(m): 11:35pm On Nov 19, 2009
bump
Re: Whats The State Of Lagos-ore-benin Expressroad? by buoye1(m): 3:04pm On Sep 07, 2015
Kc0022000:

Its not the fact, don't mind that guy

I traveled from Ilorin(unity) to Lagos(ijora7up),i spent 3:25hrs

Kasmag transport

(1) (Reply)

1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner / How Can I Locate Ikotun From Ojota / USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.