Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,651 members, 7,820,261 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose (42695 Views)

"Buhari Until We Die, No Igbo Will Rule This Country Again": Hausa Man On 2019 / Southern Kaduna Will Join Biafra If Nigeria Breaks Up – John Danfulani / Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by hushshinani(m): 9:09am On Nov 20, 2016
Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose has declared that in the event that the country is partitioned, only the Igbo nation could stand the test of time.

Fayose stated this yesterday when the Ndigbo Community in Ekiti conferred him with the traditional title of ‘Nwanne – De – Namba at the Olukayode Stadium, Ado Ekiti during the Igbo Cultural Day.

Fayose deplored those he called “fake political leaders”, who he said are only accessible to the people when they are looking for votes only to buy bullet proof cars and erect artificial walls around themselves so that they would not be accessible to the people after the poll.

He said, “whatever anybody says, the Igbos are a unique people in the country. God forbid, if Nigeria should break, they are the only nation that can survive because they are industrious people. All the permanent structures found everywhere are owned by the Igbo people.

“Wherever you go in the country, you will find an igbo man there. “No igbo man can vote for any other party in Ekiti State except the party I belong to because we are bonded with one another “, he said.

The Governor bemoaned that women have been relegated in the scheme of things adding that his administration would provide for them in the 2017 budget of Ekiti State.

Earlier in his address, the President General of Ndigbo Community in South West, Chief Nathaniel Ezeonu said that the Igbo people in Ekiti State want to have their own market.

He added that the traders want to acquire an uncompleted market along poly road Ado Ekiti which the state government has pegged at N380 million.

Ezeonu pleaded with Governor Fayose to rescind the decision to shut down a popular market believed to be populated by igbo traders selling phones and other accessories.

Ezeonu said that the theme of the Cultural Day titled: ‘Ndigno and Socio-economic Reality in Nigeria, Which way Forward’, was apt because the race have contributed more to the economic development of the country.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/11/20/igbo-will-survive-nigeria-breaks-fayose/

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 20, 2016
Really I believe all tribes will survive

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by lawrenzi(m): 9:11am On Nov 20, 2016
this man sef

15 Likes

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by Africonji: 9:12am On Nov 20, 2016
That chieftancy is really working wonders on Fayose. I still like him anyday. He is a strong man. He reminds me of OVI because no amount of opposition can shake him. cool

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by maclatunji: 9:13am On Nov 20, 2016
I hope whoever he was trying to impress are impressed.

195 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by RockHard: 9:19am On Nov 20, 2016
Oshoko is being contradictory here. No other ethnicity stands to lose more than the SEasterners if Nigeria divides because their survival as a people is intricately linked to the rest of Nigeria than any other group. Not only do they depend on other regions for imports, the fact that they are mostly traders and migrants is actually a pointer to their vulnerability than strenght as they need a large enough market to thrive and be successful. Oshokomole must have been overly excited and high when he made that exaggerated statement.

239 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by sarrki(m): 9:22am On Nov 20, 2016
N some youths make this Guy their hero

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by acenazt: 9:26am On Nov 20, 2016
Fayose and that him multicolored lip no go stop dey talk anyhow. Those iPods go begin feel big

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by Nutase: 9:27am On Nov 20, 2016
angry grin

1 Like

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by Young03(m): 9:30am On Nov 20, 2016
u have spoken well ..OGbeni

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by Bujumbura(m): 9:31am On Nov 20, 2016
maclatunji:
Are you pained grin

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by DONGOYARO1: 9:32am On Nov 20, 2016
The last time Nigeria broke up, the ibos were the one crying about starvation and dieing of kwarshiorkor.

142 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by Bujumbura(m): 9:34am On Nov 20, 2016
acenazt:
Fayose and that him multicolored lip no go stop dey talk anyhow. Those iPods go begin feel big
Sorry big boys don't feel Big because they are already BIG.

We are BIG

#ProudlyIgbo

157 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by DONGOYARO1: 9:34am On Nov 20, 2016
maclatunji:
Just massage the ego of an ibo man and watch him self-service all over

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by EternalTruths: 9:35am On Nov 20, 2016
Afonjas won't like this cheesy grin

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by Paperwhite(m): 9:36am On Nov 20, 2016
Gbam!!! I'm not an Igbo fella but I'so much in love with their enterprising spirit to succeed unlike the "area boys,area fadas or omo onile rogues" that will be looking for cheap money just to smoke hemp.

133 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 20, 2016
Yeah, he is completely right because his Afao people were not surviving even before Nigeria was created.
I'm sure his targeted audience are holding on to everything he says. Ever trusting and unquestioning.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by basilo102: 9:44am On Nov 20, 2016
RockHard:
Oshoko is being contradictory here. No other ethnicity stands to lose more than the SEasterners if Nigeria divides because their survival as a people is intricately linked with the rest of Nigeria than any other group. Not only do they depend on other regions for imports, the fact that they are mostly traders and migrants is actually a pointer to their vulnerability than strenght as they need a large enough market to thrive and be successful. Oshokomole must have been overly excited and high wgen he made that statement.
This is the most dangerous mistake yorubas make. all strong economic empires are build on aggressive economic expansionism. igbos are not the only one that migrate for business, the whole of nigerian business environment is saturated with economic migrants from other countries, are you saying such country are weak while nigeria is stronger??

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by OJUcrook: 9:45am On Nov 20, 2016
Paperwhite:
Gbam!!! I'm not an Igbo fella but I'so much in love with their enterprising spirit to succeed unlike .
Yeah I am sure this is what you mean by their ''enterprising spirit''

127 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by Nebuchadnezar: 9:47am On Nov 20, 2016
[s]
maclatunji:
[/s]
trash

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by Nebuchadnezar: 9:48am On Nov 20, 2016
[s]
sarrki:
N some youths make this Guy their hero
[/s]
buhari is a terrorist

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 20, 2016
basilo102:

This is the most dangerous mistake yorubas make. all strong economic empires are build on aggressive economic expansionism. igbos are not the only one that migrate for business, the whole of nigerian business environment is saturated with economic migrants from other countries, are you saying such country are weak while nigeria is stronger??

Expansionism itself connotes the existence of an economic base, and where would that be for the ibos if all your investments are not in iboland? Where are you expanding to?

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by Nebuchadnezar: 9:50am On Nov 20, 2016
Paperwhite:
Gbam!!! I'm not an Igbo fella but I'so much in love with their enterprising spirit to succeed unlike the "area boys,area fadas or omo onile rogues" that will be looking for cheap money just to smoke hemp.

43 Likes

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by ak47mann(m): 9:51am On Nov 20, 2016
OJUcrook:
Yeah I am sure this is what you mean by their ''enterprising spirit''
why are these ofemmanuu people like this?your governor is telling you the truth but your jealous will always take over,in uk and America your people full their prison dey rot in ritual you carry the cup still your heart is darker than devil you now see reasons other tribes desist afronjaz cool

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by borntosuccess(m): 9:52am On Nov 20, 2016
on point

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by abduljabbar4(m): 9:53am On Nov 20, 2016
Lol some people are about to be used and betrayed by an "afonja". Ibos you need to sit up and think

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by omoelesa(m): 9:55am On Nov 20, 2016
Paperwhite:
Enterprising spirit,like their exploit in INDONESIA,SINGAPORE and MALAYSIA

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by Ahmadgani(m): 9:58am On Nov 20, 2016
I agree with him to some extent but his judgement are based on prejudice. Igbos are industrious and there is no doubt about that, despite the fact that a few of them ate getting hanged in Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia.

But fayose like the igbos because they like him. so his statement is sentimental

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by OJUcrook: 9:59am On Nov 20, 2016
ak47mann:
why are these ofemmanuu people like this?your governor is telling you the truth but your jealous will always take over,in uk and America your people full their prison dey rot in ritual you carry the cup still your heart is darker than devil you now see reasons other tribes desist afronjaz cool
I am not ofemmanuu. Fayose is not my Governor. Ofemmanuu people knows how to manipulate your fragile emotions. Fayose and FFK ae both Ofemmanuu and they are using this trick against you ibos properly.

57 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by OJUcrook: 10:02am On Nov 20, 2016
DONGOYARO1:
Just massage the ego of an ibo man and watch him self-service all over
The ibo man has an emotion of a water paper. I wrote it somewhere, if Fayose contest an election against Okorocha today, the ibos will vote for Fayose instead of Okorocha

70 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by OJUcrook: 10:03am On Nov 20, 2016
abduljabbar4:
Lol some people are about to be used and betrayed by an "afonja". Ibos you need to sit up and think
Atiku, FFK and Fayose comes to mind. It is very easy and simple to whine an ibo man

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose by basilo102: 10:07am On Nov 20, 2016
Aigbofa:

Expansionism itself connotes the existence of an economic base, and where would that be for the ibos if all your investments are not in iboland? Where are you expanding to?
young man stop confusing yourself. Igboland is not a soverign country, stop living in delusion that anybody will leave any part of the country for you to have on a platter of gold. Igbo economic expansion is beyond nigeria

33 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

History Of Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) / Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 86th Birthday Today: Uncommon Facts About Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.