Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,713 members, 7,820,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Is It Right To Pay Your Tithes And Offerings Through Someone? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Pay Your Tithes And Offerings Through Someone? (734 Views)

Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" / Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Pay Your Tithes And Offerings Through Someone? by Legend87(m): 10:36am On Nov 20, 2016
If worshiping God is a thing of the heart, i will say i'm a christian. But, i don't go to church. i stopped going to church when i realised that most Pastors now detail their preachings, teachings and sermons on wealth, which i really don't like. As a Pastor, i believe the most important teaching should be salvation, repentance and getting closer to God. Assuming a wealthy man goes to seek for salvation and the Pastor is preaching wealth. What would he do? How would he feel? Imagine an armed robber goes to church to seek forgiveness and repentance, and the Pastor is preaching about wealth, what would he do? How would he feel?
The House of God should be a place to seek Refuge, peace, Happiness and Glory in Christ, Jesus. And not a place to seek wealth and fame. A true preacher should tell the congregation that you can never get rich or achieve success by marely coming to church without individual efforts outfield, hardwork and delligent. After so much consideration, i stopped going to church. I read my Bible and say my prayers at home. But, i want to start giving offerings and tithes again. And i'm thinking on giving it to people to pay for me in church. My fellow Nairalanders, how do you see it? Right or wrong?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Pay Your Tithes And Offerings Through Someone? by emeraldknytt(m): 10:41am On Nov 20, 2016
It is a good thing you've decided to give back to God but I don't see any (not much) sense at the thought of paying tithes via a surrogate.

There is this song Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers (the needy) that, you do unto me'.

Nothing beats putting your contributions in a productive place not just some arbitrary location where you do not know how the religiously and judiciously it will be used.

Look around you, there must be that family that's got nothing to live on, even if they do not portray the need. Check out for kids you can reach out too. Such things are what the church ought to look into with majority of the funds it inputs...

God bless you as you take into heart and hearken to what I just made a point of.
Re: Is It Right To Pay Your Tithes And Offerings Through Someone? by Legend87(m): 10:56am On Nov 20, 2016
emeraldknytt:
It is a good thing you've decided to give back to God but I don't see any (not much) sense at the thought of paying tithes via a surrogate.

There is this song Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers (the needy) that, you do unto me'.

Nothing beats putting your contributions in a productive place not just some arbitrary location where you do not know how the religiously and judiciously it will be used.

Look around you, there must be that family that's got nothing to live on, even if they do not portray the need. Check out for kids you can reach out too. Such things are what the church ought to look into with majority of the funds it inputs...

God bless you as you take into heart and hearken to what I just made a point of.

What i really meant is giving to someone to pay on my behalf in church and not as if i'm givng to him or her in place of the church.. In terms of the needy, i do give. And i can humbly say i'm a giver.
Re: Is It Right To Pay Your Tithes And Offerings Through Someone? by emeraldknytt(m): 11:02am On Nov 20, 2016
Legend87:

What i really meant is giving to someone to pay on my behalf in church and not as if i'm givng to him or her in place of the church.. In terms of the needy, i do give. And i can humbly say i'm a giver.
May I ask if the church in context is the one you previously membered in?
Re: Is It Right To Pay Your Tithes And Offerings Through Someone? by Mayowadre(m): 12:04pm On Nov 20, 2016
I

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Pay Your Tithes And Offerings Through Someone? by Legend87(m): 12:10pm On Nov 20, 2016
emeraldknytt:
May I ask if the church in context is the one you previously membered in?

I'll say, i've been to about 3 different churches. And they're all in one boat. (If u get what i mean.)
Re: Is It Right To Pay Your Tithes And Offerings Through Someone? by TheEminentLaity: 4:39pm On Nov 28, 2016
Good questions @ the bolded. The Gospel is universal ie. for everyone rich poor hungry and fed. Good you see the problem with these money churches. About your tithe and offering, you have probably been guilt-tripped into your subconscious that things won't go right until you give them or rather whenever things are not right, it's because you 'Rob God' so you must always remember to fund a pastor.
Legend87:
If worshiping God is a thing of the heart, i will say i'm a christian. But, i don't go to church. i stopped going to church when i realised that most Pastors now detail their preachings, teachings and sermons on wealth, which i really don't like. As a Pastor, i believe the most important teaching should be salvation, repentance and getting closer to God. Assuming a wealthy man goes to seek for salvation and the Pastor is preaching wealth. What would he do? How would he feel? Imagine an armed robber goes to church to seek forgiveness and repentance, and the Pastor is preaching about wealth, what would he do? How would he feel?
The House of God should be a place to seek Refuge, peace, Happiness and Glory in Christ, Jesus. And not a place to seek wealth and fame. A true preacher should tell the congregation that you can never get rich or achieve success by marely coming to church without individual efforts outfield, hardwork and delligent. After so much consideration, i stopped going to church. I read my Bible and say my prayers at home. But, i want to start giving offerings and tithes again. And i'm thinking on giving it to people to pay for me in church. My fellow Nairalanders, how do you see it? Right or wrong?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Did God Create The Devil? / Africans And Miracles / Teleportation: The Key To Immortality.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.