Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death (21455 Views)

Dead Babies Found In Refuse Dump In Calabar (Disturbing Photos) / Newborn Baby Abandoned In A Carton In Kaduna (Viewers Discretion) / Baby In Celestial Church Garment Abandoned By A Refuse Dump In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by CodedExtra: 1:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
Residents were thrown into shock over the death of a baby found abandoned in biscuit carton along Ikot Ekpene Road in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state.

The baby girl, neatly dressed and abandoned near a refuse dump, supposedly cried herself to death.
According to reports, the unidentified baby became pale after a long period of crying, before passing out.

One of the witnesses said the mother might have abandoned the baby because she considered it a witch or she might have been driven by poverty.
“There are lot of children being thrown away like this in recent times because the mothers think they’re witches or plagued by demon spirits or maybe for lack of what feed the children.” the witness said.
Mr. Okon Isaac, who was on his way to a fuel station along Ikot Ekpene Road, said he heard the cry of a baby near the refuse bin.
“I have been here since 5:47 am. I wanted to buy fuel from Total, which only sells the product when available between the hours of 4 and 6:20am. After this time, they stop selling pretending not to have the product. As I was passing, I heard the cry of the baby. I began to wonder where the baby was crying from, but when I got close to the refuse bin, just off the road, I saw a baby girl neatly dressed and dumped in a biscuit carton,” said Mr Okon.
“I could not go to Total in search of fuel again. I stayed behind to observe if the mother of the baby might change her mind and come back for the baby. And before long, people started to troop in as they heard the cry of the baby. As we live in a period of child theft and selling of children for money, people were scared to touch the baby. They all stood helpless, should anyone risk lifting the baby, and the police happen to be around, the individual can be accused of child theft, or whatever.” He added.
The police, who confirmed the incident said they were aware of the situation and had contacted the Ministry of Environment for necessary action.
Meanwhile, until the baby died; neither the police nor officials of the Ministry of Environment were seen at the scene.

Source: Child Right Rehabilitation Network (CRARN)

Source: http://www.codedextra.com.ng/photo-baby-found-abandoned-in-carton-near-a-refuse-dump-in-akwa-ibom-cries-to-death/

1 Share

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by CodedExtra: 1:54pm On Nov 20, 2016
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by dingbang(m): 1:56pm On Nov 20, 2016
I tell you solemnly, it would have been better the mother hadn't been born..

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by pheyikemi: 2:08pm On Nov 20, 2016
If the wicked mother had dashed the baby to couple looking for the fruit of the womb, it would have been better, she just wasted the destiny who may have been her liberation.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by fran6co(m): 2:08pm On Nov 20, 2016
wat is wrong with some set of humans, someone somewhere is crying day and nite for a child Nd here one wicked entity is showing hw ungrateful she/he could be

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by doctimonyeka(m): 2:24pm On Nov 20, 2016
And i know of several women that are looking for children... Irony of life.... ENDTIME OOOO

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by Collenshy2020(m): 2:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
Terrible things are really happening.

7 Likes

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by ajuwarhodes(f): 4:57pm On Nov 20, 2016
Short of words...

4 Likes

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by RealJaneDoe: 8:45pm On Nov 20, 2016
Many people will rush here and blame the mother when it's the fault of two people.

Anyway rip baby

5 Likes

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by Davash222(m): 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
CodedExtra:
As we live in a period of child theft and selling of children for money, people were scared to touch the baby. They all stood helpless, should anyone risk lifting the baby, and the police happen to be around, the individual can be accused of child theft, or whatever.” He added.
These people are not different from the mother of the baby. You stood there and the baby is crying helplessly

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by yomibelle(f): 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
smh

7 Likes

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by DavidTheGeek: 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
A woman somewhere is seriously begging God for a child, this one see and throw away undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by Peacetemi: 8:47pm On Nov 20, 2016
People were scared to touch the baby because the police might accuse them of child theft
Smfh!
The poor mode of operation of the naija police is making people scared to help

8 Likes

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by Nnwannsukka(m): 8:48pm On Nov 20, 2016
CodedExtra:
Residents were thrown into shock over the death of a baby found abandoned in biscuit carton along Ikot Ekpene Road in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state.

The baby girl, neatly dressed and abandoned near a refuse dump, supposedly cried herself to death.
According to reports, the unidentified baby became pale after a long period of crying, before passing out.

One of the witnesses said the mother might have abandoned the baby because she considered it a witch or she might have been driven by poverty.
“There are lot of children being thrown away like this in recent times because the mothers think they’re witches or plagued by demon spirits or maybe for lack of what feed the children.” the witness said.
Mr. Okon Isaac, who was on his way to a fuel station along Ikot Ekpene Road, said he heard the cry of a baby near the refuse bin.
“I have been here since 5:47 am. I wanted to buy fuel from Total, which only sells the product when available between the hours of 4 and 6:20am. After this time, they stop selling pretending not to have the product. As I was passing, I heard the cry of the baby. I began to wonder where the baby was crying from, but when I got close to the refuse bin, just off the road, I saw a baby girl neatly dressed and dumped in a biscuit carton,” said Mr Okon.
“I could not go to Total in search of fuel again. I stayed behind to observe if the mother of the baby might change her mind and come back for the baby. And before long, people started to troop in as they heard the cry of the baby. As we live in a period of child theft and selling of children for money, people were scared to touch the baby. They all stood helpless, should anyone risk lifting the baby, and the police happen to be around, the individual can be accused of child theft, or whatever.” He added.
The police, who confirmed the incident said they were aware of the situation and had contacted the Ministry of Environment for necessary action.
Meanwhile, until the baby died; neither the police nor officials of the Ministry of Environment were seen at the scene.

Source: Child Right Rehabilitation Network (CRARN)

Source: http://www.codedextra.com.ng/photo-baby-found-abandoned-in-carton-near-a-refuse-dump-in-akwa-ibom-cries-to-death/

Ladies jikwe nwayo with ur totos
Dis pikin no go forgive u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by Teadavid23(m): 8:49pm On Nov 20, 2016
This is wickedness from the pit of hell... Lord please save Nigeria from bondage

4 Likes

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by LadyAimy: 8:49pm On Nov 20, 2016
And I dey pray here....oluwa pick my calls

10 Likes

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by StupidYorubaFool: 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
-
Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by lomaxx: 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
Time to legalize abortion and increase contraception awareness in Nigeria.

Don't bring a child into this world to suffer and either die or hate his life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by talktonase(m): 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
olaolulazio:
The mother must be Igbo.
nawa you oh! How myopic can you be?

8 Likes

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by oboy3(m): 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
Akwa ibomites are too backward for my liking
Every child to them Na witch.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by ANNYTOHCUTE(f): 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
Pregnancy is a combined effort,blame the two idiots!

6 Likes

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by Jamesmatic(m): 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
cheesy
Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by Yewandequeen(f): 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
This is wickedness.

She could have at least dropped the baby off at the doorstep of a mother less baby home.

5 Likes

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by gurunlocker: 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
You will be fuckingggg unsafely and you expect not to be pregnant?.... After getting pregnant, you give birth and eventually abandon the baby to die like this?

WTF is happening to ladies? Some are looking for this precious gift for years without seeing.... Just hope ladies can learn.

2 Likes

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by pennytrate: 8:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
the spirit of that baby still cries on undecided

1 Like

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by nwajesus12(m): 8:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
WHAT HAS THIS INNOCENT CHILD DONE TO DESERVE SUCH CRUELTY?,MAY THE LORD HAVE MERCY ON THE PERSON THAT DID THIS. embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by oboy3(m): 8:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
olaolulazio:
The mother must be Igbo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by Joephat(m): 8:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
I am waiting for the Trumpet to sound, the end is here...
Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by thonyrule(m): 8:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
chai... what a wicked world we live in, whoever responsible can never escape the wrath of God when it comes

1 Like

Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by fapcrook(m): 8:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
The whole world and heaven won't forgive who did this to a sweet gentle soul,,,,so sad, rip baby
Re: Baby Abandoned In Carton In Akwa Ibom Near A Refuse Dump! Cries to Death by Maj196(m): 8:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
And some people r praying fervently 4 a child while some r disposing dem off. Wat a sick world

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Physically Challenged Lady Kills Her Baby In Delta After Giving Birth (Photos) / Nigerian Brothers Arrested Over Drugs Sent By Post To Nonthaburi, Thailand / Attempt To Set INEC Office In Enugu Ablaze Foiled By Police (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.