Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,255 members, 7,811,714 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years (29343 Views)

President Buhari Launches 10-Year Validity E-passport / Passport With 10-year Validity Effective December / Federal Government Set To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Neozy(m): 11:57pm On Nov 20, 2016
yinkslinks:
Bros i don waka ooooo, no go lie.
You Be Wakaolic. Wetin You Go Do For All Those Countries?
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by dauddy97(m): 12:07am On Nov 21, 2016
internetgangste:

there are three licensing offices in lagos.
v.i, festac, and ikeja. and it cost 25k for the 32 pages, you might need up to 28k because of the hustlers there. you will find more info on their website.

what is there website?
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by PaulIdu: 12:14am On Nov 21, 2016
I hope they won't tell us to come make another passport for the ten years validity to take effect ..because mine already will expire next year
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 21, 2016
Another smart but foolish way to make money from the masses again. Why didn't they know before that the validity time was too short. it wasnt long they changed it to ECOWAS passport.
After four or five years of increasing the years and making ppl rush for the new passport which I'm sure will cost more officially and definitely cost more "blackmarketly" don't mind my grammar grin
They will one day wake up and discover again that it is too green that the colour is supposed to be lighter.
so they need to change it or may be the size is too small that it's supposed to be as big as an exercise book.

At the rate curroption is being promoted in this country, I am afraid Nigeria will catch fire one day and we will need the help of our neighbours to put it off.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 21, 2016
firstolalekan:

I do.

With the way you are bashing his skull, what brain would he have left to use? Its kukuma empty already i guess!!!
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Rexnegro(m): 12:55am On Nov 21, 2016
nastyesco:
Who the story epp?
me
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Nobody: 1:09am On Nov 21, 2016
Captainbells:
Other countries have most of their ID's validity for twenty years.. Driving license inclusive and Nigeria is still starting out with passport!!
You say 20 yrs?!
Where I live, a Drivers license is valid for 5 years.

I'm in support of plans to increase the passport's validity to 10 years. It's way more convenient for travelers

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Lucasbalo(m): 1:22am On Nov 21, 2016
PaulIdu:
I hope they won't tell us to come make another passport for the ten years validity to take effect ..because mine already will expire next year
Paul, yours shouldn't be a problem. Use your Trump connection because you have to be in Washington DC got Trump's inauguration on Jan 20.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by deliveryboy: 1:40am On Nov 21, 2016
bettercreature:
I saw people like you under very hot sun and some under canopy the last time i was at immigration office
Don't mind this guy,pay the 2k-5k extra and you will get your passport within 2hours otherwise you will spend the said amount going back and forth for 3-4 days
Are you a tout at the immigration office? Am I spoiling your business? My point to the person needing passport is he heads straight to the appropriate office, when he gets there he can use his discretion to give his helper what ever he wishes or at best he gets to bargain well knowing the official price in mind. Mind you, I renewed mine in September, still waited for several days after paying hugely to the immigration woman that cornered me at the gate because she was only after my payment. Sorry if I'm interfering in your line of business.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Nobody: 2:13am On Nov 21, 2016
CFCman:

You say 20 yrs?!
Where I live, a Drivers license is valid for 5 years.

I'm in support of plans to increase the passport's validity to 10 years. It's way more convenient for travelers
I was being sarcastic with the 20 years.
Where I live, a drivers license is valid for 10 years!!
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Nobody: 2:25am On Nov 21, 2016
Captainbells:

I was being sarcastic with the 20 years.
Where I live, a drivers license is valid for 10 years!!

That's still a lot.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by kally234: 3:29am On Nov 21, 2016
Indians have been having a 10 to 20 Years passport validity, It is unfortunate that the system practiced in Nigeria is just designed to defraud citizen by making them come again for renewal even when they have not even used the passport for the period of issuance. This is a good move long overdue
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Daboomb: 4:07am On Nov 21, 2016
dauddy97:
pls who can help... I want to obtain passport, how will go about it!!
and how much will it cost me!!
I stay in badagry, Lagos.

dauddy97:

what is there website?

Mr. Man, you can help yourself!
Just Google any question you have, since you have access to internet.

Anyway, the below are the links you need, to get all the information you want:

http://www.immigration.gov.ng/index.php?id=50 --- This one tells you about the various types of Passport and the REQUIREMENTS to obtain one.

https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/passportguidelines --- This one is the PORTAL of the Immigration Service, where you start the application ONLINE.

Read them properly, start the application, get a date, print it out and then go to their office in Festac (nearest to Badagry).

Dont approach Touts, you may be defrauded. Go direct to the Immigration Staff at their office.

Good luck......... but why not wait til it is 10yrs? shocked shocked undecided
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by battleaxe: 4:12am On Nov 21, 2016
canalily:
Does Nigeria check passport of immigrantsundecided

Yes they do!

And if you mean immigration raids as is common in some other popular destinations, that's a yes as well. Just that I wouldn't call it raids. However they are positioned at strategic locations where immigrants are known to smuggle themselves through.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by freezze(m): 5:07am On Nov 21, 2016
dauddy97:
pls who can help... I want to obtain passport, how will go about it!!

I stay in badagry, Lagos.

Have got someone at their festac office. Hit me up via email I'll link you.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Carter4luv(m): 5:20am On Nov 21, 2016
a welcome development, time to travel like our president. 120 countries i will travel to in two years
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by yinkslinks(m): 6:05am On Nov 21, 2016
NGO Bro.
Neozy:
You Be Wakaolic. Wetin You Go Do For All Those Countries?
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by dauddy97(m): 6:24am On Nov 21, 2016
Daboomb:

thanks, may God bless you this morning and the rest of your time, for elaborating this to Me.
thanks once again sir........

http://www.immigration.gov.ng/index.php?id=50 --- This one tells you about the various types of Passport and the REQUIREMENTS to obtain one.

https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/passportguidelines --- This one is the PORTAL of the Immigration Service, where you start the application ONLINE.

Read them properly, start the application, get a date, print it out and then go to their office in Festac (nearest to Badagry).

Dont approach Touts, you may be defrauded. Go direct to the Immigration Staff at their office.

Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by dauddy97(m): 6:26am On Nov 21, 2016
Daboomb:

thanks, may God bless you this morning and the rest of your time, for elaborating this to Me.
thanks once again sir........

wen will it be ten years now?
I need this thin bfor December 6-2016
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by emi14: 6:31am On Nov 21, 2016
Alot of pressure and confusion surrounding this Government.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Dshadow: 6:42am On Nov 21, 2016
European passports 10 years.. drivers licence 15 years and some has more validity.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Kingbuhari(m): 6:51am On Nov 21, 2016
EDIOTS buhari is a man without brain... I won't be needing it very soon
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by HopeAlive14(m): 6:52am On Nov 21, 2016
Flashh:
Na just common sense you need.

Na just uncommon sense you need.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Kingbuhari(m): 6:55am On Nov 21, 2016
chiwetaluAGU:
Senseless talk ... face economy joor!
the dullard buhari is encouraging us to disappear from Nigeria
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:10am On Nov 21, 2016
lolzzzzzzz...na germany una juz dey copy...make una talk true...anyways is good..but i will pass on dz my wait is 4 AU PASSPORT.
Keneking:
Great...useless government in 2007 put citizens in this situation. Why can't we have international passport and unique ID for 15years?
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by simplygreat(m): 7:21am On Nov 21, 2016
This is so lomg overdue especially considering the rising cost of getting a passport and the stress involved in getting it.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by tonyx4x44(m): 7:58am On Nov 21, 2016
Odunharry:

Go to Festac Immigration office with two passport, state of origin/local govt certificate, birth certificate And nothing less than 30k for the processing..
Pls don't listen to those guys you will meet at the gate.. Go there yourself and talk to any Immigration officer on uniform..

please how long does it take from the office, cos someone recommended me to a third party that gets it done in 2 days.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by BarrElChapo(m): 8:14am On Nov 21, 2016
The only reason i need this passport is to get the fvck outta this goddamned country and never come back angry angry
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Elbowroom: 8:19am On Nov 21, 2016
chiwetaluAGU:
Senseless talk ... face economy joor!

Lol you get any passport
You never traveled out of your village idiat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh / Pregnant RCCG Youth Leader Dies In An Auto Crash, Five Months After Her Wedding. / True Story: The Married UK 'prostitute' From Nigeria And The Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.