Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? (1025 Views)

Bishop Abioye In Winners Chapel's Jet Enroute A Mission Trip / Bishop Alexander Ezeugo Ekewuba Is Dead! (Overcomers Christian Mission Owerri) / Jesus' Mission On Earth (matthew 3:11) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? by SuperSuave(m): 7:17pm On Nov 20, 2016
I remember this day in school when we were talking about heaven and if people like Asa and other decent music artistes will make heaven or not. My friends said they won't 'cause they are into secular music while I tried to make them understand that their music are inspirational and they are morally okay but my friends said so far their music isn't praising God they are out of the equation. I disagreed.

My friend then asked me "What is your mission on this earth?". At first the question struck me like thunder, I immediately searched for meaningful answers to utter but I found none in my head then it occurred to me that I have no mission here.

"I have no mission on this earth" was the reply I gave my friend. They both laughed at me definitely, one joked that his uncle who said his mission on earth is to eat is even better than I am. They said their mission is to praise God and worship Him.

One of the definitions of mission is: A set of tasks that fulfills a purpose or duty; an assignment set by an individual or group of people. For example: I stay in Ilorin, I then decide to travel to Jos or Ghana, definitely I must have a mission for the journey which I've decided to embark on. I may be going to Jos to look for Job or going to Ghana for vacation or to change location permanently.

Back to the main discussion, It wasn't my decision to come to this earth to come and witness all evil atrocities being committed by mankind both day and night, it definitely wasn't my decision to be born in Nigeria, It wasn't my decision to be given birth to by christian parents, it wasn't some peoples decision to be given birth to by Indian Hindu parents, it wasn't our decision to be born a Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, Igala, Ijaw boy/girl but most of us spend the rest of our life defending what we didn't even chose without thinking how life would look like if we were the one on the other side. You christian would have been boasting about how Hindu is God's religion if you were born in India, that Igbo boy would have been beating his chest on how Yoruba is the best tribe in the universe.

As an introvert and a melancholic, most times I just sit back and think deep about some things. I wonder why someone would send me to this earth to tempt me maybe. There are so many things which are too numerous to mention on this earth which we can enjoy to our benefit but then many of them are sin and would deny you your spot in heaven. Someone knows my ability yet still sent me here with temptations and suffering all around.

It's just like locking a child up in a room with milk, meat, candy, yoghurt, cookies and garri and restricting the child to garri only, that is definitely not fair. Why do we have all these things in the first place if we can't even enjoy them. The child didn't chose to be in the room but you locked him/her there. I didn't chose to be on earth so why should I think I have a mission here?
How about you put yourself in other people's shoe first and think deep? Why don't you reason like that atheist for a moment? Christians would probably say these thoughts are sin against God and one needs to be spirit filled to be able to see/know the truth. Well, I need that spirit and I pray it enters me very soon.

P.S: This piece is not meant to deject anyone or boost atheists ego but it is written from deep within in search of the truth. Please overlook any grammatical/typographical error in this piece.
WHAT IS YOUR MISSION ON EARTH? ? ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? by SuperSuave(m): 8:35pm On Nov 20, 2016
Befocused gift101 jiggaz shakurM hitter coldfeet EternalBeing spy360 shestrong elantraceey curiositymaster Activityj peacesamuel94 skeendyke naijaboiy tosyne2much humbledBygrace
Re: Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? by Immorttal: 9:28pm On Nov 20, 2016
To learn! I don't wish to come back here as i will complete my course here in this physical plane.
Re: Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? by ShakurM(m): 10:03pm On Nov 20, 2016
My mission is to be the minus sign, to make a difference. Screenshot this page!!
Re: Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? by jiggaz(m): 11:54pm On Nov 20, 2016
SuperSuave my broda, please click on my profile to read all my Christian articles, it will set you free. Christianity is not a Religion but a way of life. It is man that turned it to religion thereby setting up rules and regulations to make it hard. Christianity is all about Christ and His Finished Work on the Cross, its not a burden at all. please read the articles in my profile, you will be set free from bondage and condemnation...... 33bandit plz read them too....
Re: Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? by SuperSuave(m): 7:51am On Nov 21, 2016
jiggaz:
SuperSuave my broda, please click on my profile to read all my Christian articles, it will set you free. Christianity is not a Religion but a way of life. It is man that turned it to religion thereby setting up rules and regulations to make it hard. Christianity is all about Christ and His Finished Work on the Cross, its not a burden at all. please read the articles in my profile, you will be set free from bondage and condemnation...... 33bandit plz read them too....
516 topics shocked shocked
Re: Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? by jiggaz(m): 11:21am On Nov 21, 2016
SuperSuave:
516 topics shocked shocked
lol not all of them are Christian topics. Go through the Christian topics that teaches about Grace by Joseph Prince or Paul Ellis, you will love them.
Re: Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? by peacesamuel94(m): 1:13pm On Nov 21, 2016
Interesting question, we were all born with a mission and that mission is to contribute our quota to the advancement of the world. It might not have been our decision to be here, but it doesn't cancel the fact that we were all born with a common goal.....To rule in any aspect of life we find ourselves. In the Christian perspective we see life as an opportunity given to us by God to be co-creators with him.

Whether you are an atheist, agnostic, Christian, Muslim, black, white, educated or not you can't deny the fact that there is this inbuilt drive to succeed and excel in what ever you do, as no man in his right senses will consider Failure as his reason for being born to this world.

God's purpose of creating us is not to tempt us, and you might ask why God has restricted us from enjoying several things we would have loved to have a taste of, it's because a king without control will find it impossible to keep his kingdom under control as well.
Do you know that God too can decide to be without control too, have you imagined how the world will be like if that happens......God has made a choice, and when he created us in his image and likeness he gave us that choice too, He gave us the gift of freewill, so you could taste both sides and see which is better, no coercion of any kind.

Like I said before the laws which God has laid when followed are to our own advantage not God's.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? by skeendyke: 5:45pm On Nov 21, 2016
SuperSuave,

First, I apologize for late reply.

To begin, everyone on earth has a mission in this life. It doesn't matter what belief we practice; we all have a task to fulfill. This task or mission is not exclusive to Christians. Heck, many Christians don't even know what their mission is on earth. They think their chosen vocation automatically translates to their God-given mission. That is living under deception.

Your mission on earth is far more important than all the wealth you have amassed and all the stages of success you have achieved in life. These are necessary but insignificant when compared to your God-given mission.

You said it yourself that you did not ask to be born in Nigeria, or to Christian parents, or to be a member of a particular tribe. Have you even asked yourself why you were born in this age and not the time before Christ? You must know that God, in His wisdom, has placed you where He needs you to be, a unique place where no one else can fit but you. Your purpose makes you unique. He had already planned your birth place, those who will be your parents, the tribe where you will come from and the age He will manifest you long before He created this world which, as you may know, is more than a hundred million years. That means your position has been carefully thought out by God long before your great great ancestors were ever born. It means you are a Nigerian for a purpose. It is no mistake that you are here. God brought you here to perform a task for which He gave you a unique gift to perform that task. Again, everybody has a task to perform that is unique to their personality and each person has a gift to help them succeed in their field.

Okay, maybe I hear you say, "Well, I did not ask to come to this world neither did I ask to be unique or be given any gift. Why do I have to be a part of this evil and wicked world so that I am made to come here without having any say in the matter?"

Of course, you had no part in the decision to come to this world. However, let me ask you a question or two. When your biological father sends you on an errand do you begin to question his right to send you on that errand? Do you begin to throw questions at him like why he brought you to existence, why he makes laws that keep you from enjoying the things of life, why he punishes you when you go wrong, etc. Does that not reflect rebellion against authority? Now, imagine that you are the father and your son throws these questions at you how would you answer him? Would you dare ask your father these questions? You never had any say in the decision to go a particular errand, however, you could choose to obey or rebel once the decision has been made. Your obedience or otherwise will ultimately have an impact on your relationship with your father. Every true father loves an obedient son or daughter dearly, and though they will still love the rebellious one but it cannot compare to the love they have for the obedient one. It is the prayer of every man and woman, including you, to have an obedient child that listens to his/her parents, isn't it?

How much more God the Father of you and your father and your father's father's fathers? In essence, you are being rebellious by asking your Father why He should send you to this world. You are questioning His right and authority to send you on an errand to this world to fulfill a task and return home. What kind of a son does that? Would you give your wayward and rebellious son a pat in the back for his ways, would his rebellious nature make you proud as a father, would you encourage him in his rebellion against your authority by giving him a handsome reward for every time he rebels against you?

Does your heart leap with joy whenever your thoughts wander and rest on your disobedient son?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? by skeendyke: 5:46pm On Nov 21, 2016
As regards temptation, God's ultimate plan for your life does not feature tempting you. Get this. It is the devil who tempts you in the hope that you will fall and that your fall leads you to hell. In the book of Jeremiah 29:11 God said, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." You must also know that God will never permit any temptation that is greater than you to try you because this same temptation you complain of is the same that was faced by Christians all over the world and all through the ages. Adam faced it, Abraham, Lot, Joseph, Noah, Moses, king David, Jesus Christ, the Apostles down through our time. We will face temptations because the devil hates you and I. He hates us because he hates God and since we are created in the image of God he hates us even more for the simple fact that we are created to be greater than him or any angel in heaven for that matter. God will not permit any temptation greater than you to try you and He always makes sure that there is a door of escape with each temptation you face. The book of 1 Corinthians 10:13 says, "No temptation has taken you except what is common to man. God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted above what you are able, but will with the temptation also make the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it."
God is very much like any loving earthly father whose only wish is to see that his children get the very best of life, that they stand out from others in excellence and the good things of life. This is why He left us more than 8000 promises in His Word for our joy and happiness. In fact, He is more than willing to give you more than those things you desire. He said you should ask and He will give to you. There can only be one of two reasons you do not have, no three;
You do not ask
You still live in sin
You ask amiss so you can spend it on your sinful desires

Those cookies, milk, candy, yoghurt may not be healthy for your soul which is extremely precious in the sight of God. Your soul is much more precious to God than the entire universe, the heavens and the earth, the works of His hand. All you have to do is ask Him in faith to supply the things you need and He will see to it that you even have an abundance of supply. God never runs out of supply of good things for His kids. There never comes a day when He tells His kids, “Oh, please make do with this as I have run out of stock for the moment.” ALL THE GOLD AND SILVER BELONG TO HIM, THE CATTLE ON A THOUSAND HILLS BELONG TO HIM, THE EARTH BELONGS TO HIM, THE TREASURES OF DARKNESS BELONG TO HIM, THE NATIONS BELONG TO HIM and whatever belongs to Him He freely gives to His children for their delight.
The problem, I observe, is your perception of God which is why you have comfortably settled to a ration of garri because you are under the false impression that God does not wish that you have and enjoy the good things of life. You must renew your mind in that aspect otherwise God cannot help you.
The reason why you think the worse of God is because you have been listening to the lying thoughts of the devil. You don’t know the ways of God therefore you are under a cloud. When you go closer to God, that cloud of illusion will disappear and you will discover for yourself how much truly a loving Dad God is to all His children.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? by bennyann: 6:30pm On Nov 21, 2016
skeendyke:
SuperSuave,

First, I apologize for late reply.

To begin, everyone on earth has a mission in this life. It doesn't matter what belief we practice; we all have a task to fulfill. This task or mission is not exclusive to Christians. Heck, many Christians don't even know what their mission is on earth. They think their chosen vocation automatically translates to their God-given mission. That is living under deception.

Your mission on earth is far more important than all the wealth you have amassed and all the stages of success you have achieved in life. These are necessary but insignificant when compared to your God-given mission.

You said it yourself that you did not ask to be born in Nigeria, or to Christian parents, or to be a member of a particular tribe. Have you even asked yourself why you were born in this age and not the time before Christ? You must know that God, in His wisdom, has placed you where He needs you to be, a unique place where no one else can fit but you. Your purpose makes you unique. He had already planned your birth place, those who will be your parents, the tribe where you will come from and the age He will manifest you long before He created this world which, as you may know, is more than a hundred million years. That means your position has been carefully thought out by God long before your great great ancestors were ever born. It means you are a Nigerian for a purpose. It is no mistake that you are here. God brought you here to perform a task for which He gave you a unique gift to perform that task. Again, everybody has a task to perform that is unique to their personality and each person has a gift to help them succeed in their field.

Okay, maybe I hear you say, "Well, I did not ask to come to this world neither did I ask to be unique or be given any gift. Why do I have to be a part of this evil and wicked world so that I am made to come here without having any say in the matter?"

Of course, you had no part in the decision to come to this world. However, let me ask you a question or two. When your biological father sends you on an errand do you begin to question his right to send you on that errand? Do you begin to throw questions at him like why he brought you to existence, why he makes laws that keep you from enjoying the things of life, why he punishes you when you go wrong, etc. Does that not reflect rebellion against authority? Now, imagine that you are the father and your son throws these questions at you how would you answer him? Would you dare ask your father these questions? You never had any say in the decision to go a particular errand, however, you could choose to obey or rebel once the decision has been made. Your obedience or otherwise will ultimately have an impact on your relationship with your father. Every true father loves an obedient son or daughter dearly, and though they will still love the rebellious one but it cannot compare to the love they have for the obedient one. It is the prayer of every man and woman, including you, to have an obedient child that listens to his/her parents, isn't it?

How much more God the Father of you and your father and your father's father's fathers? In essence, you are being rebellious by asking your Father why He should send you to this world. You are questioning His right and authority to send you on an errand to this world to fulfill a task and return home. What kind of a son does that? Would you give your wayward and rebellious son a pat in the back for his ways, would his rebellious nature make you proud as a father, would you encourage him in his rebellion against your authority by giving him a handsome reward for every time he rebels against you?

Does your heart leap with joy whenever your thoughts wander and rest on your disobedient son?

Never planned to comment on any thread today. But, come on, this is just perfect.

Just Perfect!
Re: Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? by skeendyke: 7:16pm On Nov 21, 2016
Thanks, Bennyann, glad you like it. But I'm not quite done yet.smiley Well, it depends on the Op. The central question he asked is what my mission on earth is and I haven't given a reply to that.

1 Like

Re: Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? by SuperSuave(m): 9:48pm On Nov 21, 2016
skeendyke:
Thanks, Bennyann, glad you like it. But I'm not quite done yet.smiley Well, it depends on the Op. The central question he asked is what my mission on earth is and I haven't given a reply to that.
I don't know how to thank you enough sir, you've really helped to open my eyes a bit. You took your time to analyze my post and reply, thank you.

I've sent you an email as I would like to have your Whatsapp contact, please do reply sir.
Re: Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? by skeendyke: 10:10am On Nov 22, 2016
SuperSuave:
I don't know how to thank you enough sir, you've really helped to open my eyes a bit. You took your time to analyze my post and reply, thank you.

I've sent you an email as I would like to have your Whatsapp contact, please do reply sir.

Glad I could be of some help, bro. smiley I have replied to your mail.
Re: Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? by Happydaisys(f): 12:52pm On Nov 22, 2016
I love what skeendyke said (except for the fact the Bible tells us we are between 5000-6000 years since creation... but lets not get distracted by that right now) wink There is so much on this topic alone that can continue to change your perspective and understanding, and can come from the stories and examples of the people throughout scripture. It is powerful! Keep asking questions, and if an answer doesn't seem satisfying, keep asking that same question, and stay hungry for knowledge! There is absolutely no sin in the pursuit of Godly understanding.

---

So my mission on earth?
- To be loved by God and love Him; in a deep, unyeilding, authentic, personal relationship.

How?
- Keeping a constant 2-way communication open with Him through the reading of His Word, prayer, worship, regular fellowship with authentic christians, remaining generous in all things, sharing The Truth with the hungry, and remaining obedient to His desires.

What does God desire?
- that all would be be saved, through the teaching of His Word, and our replication of "agape" love towards others, from the overflow of what God gives us, from our personal time spent with Him.

---

Ill be praying for you to recieve God's Spirit, and be able to expeirence what life is like with Him living in you. cheesy It is incredible!!

1 Like

Re: Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? by skeendyke: 4:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
Happydaisy, your comment on this topic is very nice. I want people to know that if a soul has no mission to accomplish on earth God would not send that person to this world. It would be useless sending a person to deliver a message if you do not give the messenger any message to deliver.

I quite agree with you on the fact that there's so much that can be said on this topic alone and equally so much to learn from it.

About the age of creation, I wouldn't have said what I said if I wasn't confident of the truth of that fact. Like I said, the earth is more than a hundred million years old but Man's age on earth is about 6000 years. I only wanted to clarify my position on this which is why I brought it up, not for the sake of argument.

My prayer is that God gives us the grace to fulfill the purpose He sent us to earth. Shalom.
Re: Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? by DeSepiero(m): 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2016
In brief, my mission on earth is 'being happy and making others happy'.
You've got one life, live it.

Cc; Supersuave
Re: Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? by lawani: 7:02pm On Aug 01, 2022
Good topic. It is however obvious that anywhere you find yourself you are obliged to leave the place at least a bit better than you met it. Isn't it?. You were therefore born to make the world a better place

(1) (Reply)

When The Qur'an Was Banned In Russia / How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? / Blood River In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.