Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,998 members, 7,814,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here (5456 Views)

Enugu Corpers Donate Money To 14-Year-Old Girl Who Had Her Leg Amputated (Photo) / Enugu Corpers Die On Their Way From Camp To Place Of Primary Assignment (Graphic / Enugu Corpers Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by Lionbite(m): 2:08am On Nov 21, 2016
Congratulations to all successful Corpers deployed to Enugu State. Together we will make a great difference.
Let us meet here and discuss modalities on how we are going to make our service year in Enugu State a memorable one. Part of our key objectives will be to develop programs and projects that are worthwhile and also to harness and take advantage of the state's resources and opportunities.
I also hope this will provide a platform for easy communication and timely information, and also a place to keep abreast with happenings that are associated with NYSC Scheme.
Our modalities of operation shall be agreed upon when we have a sizeable number of persons in the house.

Welcome to Enugu State!

1 Like

Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by DammyInforms(m): 2:18am On Nov 21, 2016
Dammy from AAUA. I've been posted to Enugu
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by Lionbite(m): 2:36am On Nov 21, 2016
DammyInforms:
congrats. U stay in ondo right?
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by ifeconwamama247: 3:20am On Nov 21, 2016
I rep coal city .. We gats to paint Am red
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by Lionbite(m): 3:26am On Nov 21, 2016
ifeconwamama247:
I rep coal city .. We gats to paint Am red
na so. Nothin do you
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by showgolee(m): 3:28am On Nov 21, 2016
Enugu
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by Viqtour(m): 4:00am On Nov 21, 2016
Enugu state of mind
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by Manus17(m): 5:33am On Nov 21, 2016
Enugu...
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by whyx06(m): 6:39am On Nov 21, 2016
OK
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by queenasasili(f): 6:49am On Nov 21, 2016
Mercy from okopoly . I've been Posted to Enugu
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by Manus17(m): 8:35am On Nov 21, 2016
CROBBOY
samdes02
Xhiss
ferdyferd
hugochuks60
oluwafirefunmi
Cindy222
Kunle106
splmosixx
percube
Oraculus
OmichaelO
shestrong
abdulikoko
igwe44
princechina
olusola11
wahleyz
odiagabros
chigsboss

please, come and give us hint about Enugu camp and Enugu state...
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by doublezero7(m): 8:42am On Nov 21, 2016
#StraightToCamp #B16 #ComfortAndSafety

1 Like

Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by OmichaelO: 8:52am On Nov 21, 2016
you guys will have fun just come with enough cardigan there is harmattan already.

Reporting from 042 ENUGU (AWGU LOCAL GOVERNMENT)

FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTION
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by OmichaelO: 8:54am On Nov 21, 2016
Manus17:
CROBBOY
samdes02
Xhiss
ferdyferd
hugochuks60
oluwafirefunmi
Cindy222
Kunle106
splmosixx
percube
Oraculus
OmichaelO
shestrong
abdulikoko
igwe44
princechina
olusola11
wahleyz
odiagabros
chigsboss

please, come and give us hint about Enugu camp and Enugu state...
Hehe
I didn't know I've been mentioned already.

I will drop something in a bit. let me take my time to type and remember the experience. just know that you'll have fun
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by Lionbite(m): 8:59am On Nov 21, 2016
OmichaelO:
you guys will have fun
just come with enough cardigan
there is harmattan already.

Reporting from 042 ENUGU (AWGU LOCAL GOVERNMENT)

FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTION
thanks a bunch. I just want to ask how true is the 10,000 state allowance. And hope the cost of living is not too high.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by OmichaelO: 9:03am On Nov 21, 2016
Lionbite:

thanks a bunch. I just want to ask how true is the 10,000 state allowance. And hope the cost of living is not too high.
Not true anymore.
they stopped it for about 4months

now they are paying #4000 per month for rural areas
#1000 for urban areas (corp members serving in the city)

cost of living is relatively low. if you're in the rural area. It's expensive in places like (ENUGU North, Enugu south and few parts of East) also in local governments that have higher institutions.

but others are very low. I was given accommodation in my PPA though
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by Lionbite(m): 9:19am On Nov 21, 2016
OmichaelO:
Not true anymore.
they stopped it for about 4months

now they are paying #4000 per month for rural areas
#1000 for urban areas (corp members serving in the city)

cost of living is relatively low. if you're in the rural area. It's expensive in places like (ENUGU North, Enugu south and few parts of East) also in local governments that have higher institutions.

but others are very low. I was given accommodation in my PPA though
u mean 10,000 for urban areas? Cos i xpect the allowance for urban should be more than that of rural areas given the higher cost of living
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by OmichaelO: 9:27am On Nov 21, 2016
Lionbite:

u mean 10,000 for urban areas? Cos i xpect the allowance for urban should be more than that of rural areas given the higher cost of living
ermm, one thousand naira

#1,000

Un mille

egberun kan

puku

dubu

So many people clamour for North and south or even when posted to a not so rural area. they find their way to town (as we call it here)

so as to encourage corp members to state in their various rural local governments they made the pay favorable for people in rural area.

Have in mind that rural is relative.

1 Like

Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by Lionbite(m): 9:47am On Nov 21, 2016
OmichaelO:
ermm, one thousand naira

#1,000

Un mille

egberun kan

puku

dubu

So many people clamour for North and south or even when posted to a not so rural area. they find their way to town (as we call it here)

so as to encourage corp members to state in their various rural local governments they made the pay favorable for people in rural area.

Have in mind that rural is relative.
pls do most PPA's pay allowance to their corpers?
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by Xperience12: 9:51am On Nov 21, 2016
Alex. Got Enugu. Hello all
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by tamaraa(f): 10:01am On Nov 21, 2016
DammyInforms:
me too am Titilayo from AAUA
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by Lionbite(m): 10:11am On Nov 21, 2016
tamaraa:
me too am Titilayo from AAUA
which department
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by tamaraa(f): 10:13am On Nov 21, 2016
Lionbite:

which department
mathematics
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by OmichaelO: 10:16am On Nov 21, 2016
Lionbite:

pls do most PPA's pay allowance to their corpers?
Honestly, I can't tell. but some pay stipend every month while some pay big say 5000 to 10000

like mine, they are paying 0.00k
expect when you do lessons, that's when you get paid.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by Boyembo(m): 10:31am On Nov 21, 2016
i rep....042
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by heftycul: 12:08pm On Nov 21, 2016
i rep enugu too
pls let the op create a watsapp group or anyone

1 Like

Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by williamsdarey5: 1:29pm On Nov 21, 2016
I rep Enugu., let's create a whatasapp group 08065732248
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by Ideology01(m): 1:47pm On Nov 21, 2016
I rep Enugu....Dammy from Unilorin
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by DammyInforms(m): 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2016
Pls let's drop the link to the WhatsApp group here so that we can join straight away.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by OmichaelO: 2:38pm On Nov 21, 2016
[b]
Camp Experience (Batch A stream 1)

Camp opened officially on Wednesday, I left for camp on Tuesday morning from lagos after 8:30am fro God is God motor Park (iyana Ipaja to Awgu) camp direct

I had to already made friends in the bus because we were all going to the same destination. Just took about 10 hours 30mins. We arrived camp 7:00pm

Mami market opened that night, so a lot of people were able to get food to eat and buy other basic stuffs like bucket ( the prices were fair)

Our luggages were checked and they seized some contrabands and we were all fixed in a temporary hostel.

Wednesday morning (official camp opening day) we all went to meditation ground to put down our names and we were fixed in our permanent hostels. I.e (registration hostel)

The camp generally is okay. But not wow, one of the oldest camps in Nigeria, so most of the facilities there are older than many corp members  (pun intended) grin

Water is generally scarce in Enugu, so expect water scarcity too while in camp, but state Co ordinator made sure we didn't suffer it. Though we had to ration. Morning and evening most times

And for those that do not have muscles at the back of their legs prepare to have some. Because walking from meditation ground to parade ground is enough to keep you fit. It's hilly

The soldiers were very very nice, I remember our RSM, funniest soldier alivegrin grin and Johnny bravo (that's not his name) but that's what most people call him.

No means of charging in the hostels. So Mami market all the way. But sharp guys know ways to charge sha :x. At owners risk in the hostel though.

Toilet is Eyesore. So best bet to to target when they just washed it so you can use it, because bad gang crew destroys it. grin

Camp food was okay . I ended the Garri and egusi soup and beans. A primary one student can do better with the rice they cook. No offense

Just watch what you eat. Okpa is the most popular/sold quite food. A lot of yoruba and northerners feel In love it with. Eat it with bread and your tummy knows no hunger till further notice.

Social activities made sense! Y'all will have to experience this yourselves. I was always looking forward to it

All our allowances were paid on camp.
Bicycle allowances  1500
Federal allowances 19800
And the last one (I can't remember) 1000

PS: For what it's worth, I would be 1k to have a good sleep while in camp . I missed sleep a lot
cry cry . Especially when they blow that bugle.

first you hate it, and few days to go,you don't want to leave.

Kindly mention if there's anything you want to ask me.

PPS: KINDLY GO WITH OPEN MIND, WITH NO EXPECTATIONS AND TRY TO HAVE ALL THE FUN YOU CAN!
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by heftycul: 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2016
queenasasili:
Mercy from okopoly . I've been Posted to Enugu

mercy contact me pls 08139394628
or drop ur number
Re: Nysc Batch B 2016 ENUGU Corpers. Lets Meet Here by Xperience12: 5:08pm On Nov 21, 2016
heftycul:
i rep enugu too
pls let the op create a watsapp group or anyone

Created a whatsapp group already. Add my number let me add you. Whatsapp me

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Truth About The NYSC 2018 Batch A Call Up Letter / What You Need To Know About Nysc... / Ogun State A'16 Stream 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.