Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,855 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Top 10 Most Friendly State To Serve In Nigeria As A Corp Member - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Top 10 Most Friendly State To Serve In Nigeria As A Corp Member (5099 Views)

4 Serious Businesses You Can Do As A Corp Member / Taraba State: The Worst Place To Serve (NYSC) / Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Most Friendly State To Serve In Nigeria As A Corp Member by Doyin400l(m): 2:14am On Sep 10, 2016
Hello Nairalanders, over the years do to my own research I see some state more friendly to corper than the others in terms of social welfare, assistance e.t.c. I will be listing these states based on the friendliness exhibited by the locals toward the wearing of that green "Kaki uniform" of yours, Lol.. Also,for the benefit of the newly incoming Youth corp members a.k.a "Otondo's" so as to guide them and please don't break bottle if your state is not on the list its just my own personal research. The list is itemized below:
1. Osun State: This state is known for it's hospitable nature do to the locals in the state. I remember how corpers were being treated in terms of free ride on your to CDS,PPA. Greetings is also too much like: welcome Corper,good morning Corper, good evening Corper..You will be overwhelmed how you being treated like that your hod in school Lol.
2. Kano State: If you knew Kano very well you will believe me that they love assisting Corper so well. You will drink their " Fura di Nunu " ehn! But please they have rules in terms of their "Nyanriya". You can ask MrPhysics of his Kano experience.
3. Kwara State: The state is also accommodating and welcoming to Corpers do to their Islamic tenet that welcoming visitors is also a part of faith.
4.Ebonyi State: This lovely state came fourth because of its low key life style. They just love welcoming visitors in general and alot of NYSC member can testify to this claim; food stuff might even be given to you for free by the locals.
5. Oyo State: The house of the "oluyole's" is no doubt accommodating and Corper friendly may be is because of their Yoruba accomodating culture..You will be hearing something like: "Brother corper sey wa ok?"..literary means Uncle corper are you ok?
6. Katsina state: Blood of peter! I love Katsina state indigenes oo; As they can give you anything as a Corper member so far you are law abiding and didn't interfered with their religious belief i.e You can ask Dioxidane.
7.Enugu State: The people of the coal city state are very accommodating to the extent that you will not regret serving in their land... Mama Nkiruka will cook their sweet " Okpa di okwu" and give me and other corp members during my Schooling days in 042; chai during their celebration of Easther ,Xmas. You will eat Akpu mixed with Okporoko fish and grasscutter ....Nsukka di ' eje ooo.
8. Kaduna State: Personally KD city is a great state to enjoy your service year do to the mixed religious over there. They are so accommodating to the extent of giving you a free ride anytime you going to CDS. Alhaji Balarabe do send her daughter to give me free foodstuff every week and coupled with free room..Truth be told, Kaduna is sweet.
9. Ondo State: The Agrarian state is a place to enjoy your service year no doubt. Do to their love for education they always love helping you as a corper .Give it a try biko.
10. Feel free to add yours.

Thanks .
Re: Top 10 Most Friendly State To Serve In Nigeria As A Corp Member by Doyin400l(m): 2:18am On Sep 10, 2016
Thank God I made front page..All thanks to God who made this possible. We shall get there.
Re: Top 10 Most Friendly State To Serve In Nigeria As A Corp Member by Cletus77(m): 3:31am On Sep 10, 2016
i can see dat u are from osun and a yoruba because if ur state was not here,you wouldn't have bothered to post dis
Re: Top 10 Most Friendly State To Serve In Nigeria As A Corp Member by Cletus77(m): 3:35am On Sep 10, 2016
dats means u were posted to dis ten states!!!Have u tried others? One man's meat is another man's poison
Re: Top 10 Most Friendly State To Serve In Nigeria As A Corp Member by Doyin400l(m): 3:45am On Sep 10, 2016
Cletus77:
i can see dat u are from osun and a yoruba because if ur state was not here,you wouldn't have bothered to post dis
Bros. as you can see this I took a lot factor into consideration before coming out with this. Sorry once again if your home state is not up there.
Re: Top 10 Most Friendly State To Serve In Nigeria As A Corp Member by desy24444(m): 8:59am On Sep 11, 2016
What of Edo state
Re: Top 10 Most Friendly State To Serve In Nigeria As A Corp Member by Dioxidane: 10:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
Katsina... Pleasant memories... smiley
Re: Top 10 Most Friendly State To Serve In Nigeria As A Corp Member by Noneroone(m): 8:25am On Sep 13, 2016
Doyin400l:
Hello Nairalanders, over the years do to my own research I see some state more friendly to corper than the others in terms of social welfare, assistance e.t.c. I will be listing these states based on the friendliness exhibited by the locals toward the wearing of that green "Kaki uniform" of yours, Lol.. Also,for the benefit of the newly incoming Youth corp members a.k.a "Otondo's" so as to guide them and please don't break bottle if your state is not on the list its just my own personal research. The list is itemized below:
1. Osun State: This state is known for it's hospitable nature do to the locals in the state. I remember how corpers were being treated in terms of free ride on your to CDS,PPA. Greetings is also too much like: welcome Corper,good morning Corper, good evening Corper..You will be overwhelmed how you being treated like that your hod in school Lol.
2. Kano State: If you knew Kano very well you will believe me that they love assisting Corper so well. You will drink their " Fura di Nunu " ehn! But please they have rules in terms of their "Nyanriya". You can ask MrPhysics of his Kano experience.
3. Kwara State: The state is also accommodating and welcoming to Corpers do to their Islamic tenet that welcoming visitors is also a part of faith.
4.Ebonyi State: This lovely state came fourth because of its low key life style. They just love welcoming visitors in general and alot of NYSC member can testify to this claim; food stuff might even be given to you for free by the locals.
5. Oyo State: The house of the "oluyole's" is no doubt accommodating and Corper friendly may be is because of their Yoruba accomodating culture..You will be hearing something like: "Brother corper sey wa ok?"..literary means Uncle corper are you ok?
6. Katsina state: Blood of peter! I love Katsina state indigenes oo; As they can give you anything as a Corper member so far you are law abiding and didn't interfered with their religious belief i.e You can ask Dioxidane.
7.Enugu State: The people of the coal city state are very accommodating to the extent that you will not regret serving in their land... Mama Nkiruka will cook their sweet " Okpa di okwu" and give me and other corp members during my Schooling days in 042; chai during their celebration of Easther ,Xmas. You will eat Akpu mixed with Okporoko fish and grasscutter ....Nsukka di ' eje ooo.
8. Kaduna State: Personally KD city is a great state to enjoy your service year do to the mixed religious over there. They are so accommodating to the extent of giving you a free ride anytime you going to CDS. Alhaji Balarabe do send her daughter to give me free foodstuff every week and coupled with free room..Truth be told, Kaduna is sweet.
9. Ondo State: The Agrarian state is a place to enjoy your service year no doubt. Do to their love for education they always love helping you as a corper .Give it a try biko.
10. Feel free to add yours.

Thanks .

yorubaman, the problem with you guys is that you are the least travelled yet you like making judgements and comparisons that only travelled and enlightened people make. I've seen many threads from corpers from west who served in East thanking their host state for hospitality yet i havent seen one from west. If you want to know most prefered state s watch out when registration starts and see the states that gets filled up first 'cos if i tell you it is lagos SE and SS u'll argue
Re: Top 10 Most Friendly State To Serve In Nigeria As A Corp Member by penance(m): 6:49pm On Sep 13, 2016
ondo state ke,aswear your list is flawed. I am serving there presently and I can tell u dat they people there will obtain you once dey know u are a corper,from the taxi man to a landlord or landlady!
It is only the riverine areas that are quite accommodating.
Re: Top 10 Most Friendly State To Serve In Nigeria As A Corp Member by Opiletool(m): 1:28am On Sep 14, 2016
penance:
ondo state ke,aswear your list is flawed. I am serving there presently and I can tell u dat they people there will obtain you once dey know u are a corper,from the taxi man to a landlord or landlady!

It is a natural phenomenon that corps members experience regardless of the state you are posted to. A FB friend once put up a post to lament on the level of extortion he went through in Benin. Starting from the taxi driver to the bike riders and traders.
Re: Top 10 Most Friendly State To Serve In Nigeria As A Corp Member by dailynaijanews(m): 7:32pm On Sep 14, 2016
penance:

JEEZ, here I am planning to serve in Ondo Stae ooo, apart from the extortion, is the state good generally?
Re: Top 10 Most Friendly State To Serve In Nigeria As A Corp Member by Durbaubal682: 9:55pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley
Re: Top 10 Most Friendly State To Serve In Nigeria As A Corp Member by tabithababy(f): 2:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
angry did you just mention oyo state. they are too insultive
Re: Top 10 Most Friendly State To Serve In Nigeria As A Corp Member by LawrenceUMS: 2:49pm On Sep 15, 2016
ATTEND THIS 2-DAYS FREE ICT TRAINING ORGANISED BY RCCG CHURCH

Hear this!

There are (good) jobs out there but they require certain Digital or ICT expertise, without them, no job but just peanuts. Things are pratically changing swiftly - yesterday it was Televisions in vogue but today it's Smart phones and incredible PC's - with these you can be within the confine of your room, in a bus or your toilet and still connect to the world, be heard and earn a living.

Billions of people are on the internet exchanging assorted information that worth Trillions of dollars. The question is, where do you belong or fit in...?

Are you an aspiring web developer, mobile developer, e-commerce owner, a blogger, a photographer, a make up artist or you are new to some ICT expertise.

Then enter the world of ICT & Creativity for FREE

Attend #EMPOWER-ICT

{A 2-day FREE TRaining Programme}

In....

- Web Design & Development
- Graphics Design
- Mobile App Development
- Photography
- Video Editing
- Motion Graphics
- 3D Animations
- Web Application Development
- Digital Media Marketing
- Photography

Date: September 23 & 24th, 2016

Time: 12 noon - 5pm (Friday 23rd)

10am - 3pm (Saturday 24th)

Venue:

RCCG Royal Tabernacle Area
70a, Oshola Street, off College Road, Ogba, Lagos

Host: Pastor Gbenga Ajayi (ZONAL/AREA PASTOR)

Pastor E.A Adeboye (General Oversea, RCCG Worldwide)

Registration form on

www.umstraining.com

BBM 7AF02B2D
5C3ABB44

Presented by RCCG Royal Tabernacle, Ogba, Lagos