Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father (4773 Views)

Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo / Soludo Is Confused, Has Lost Touch With Reality- Fani Kayode / Nigeria Kidnappers Free Uk Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by Mcfeddy(m): 1:22pm On Nov 05, 2009
Kidnappers have released the 78-year-old father of ex-Central Bank of Nigeria governor Charles Soludo 10 days after he was seized from his home, police said Thursday.

"Mr. Simeon Soludo was dropped on a road near his village last night," Anambra State police spokesman Emeka Chukwuemeka told AFP.

Chukwuemeka said Soludo, who was abducted by gunmen who invaded his compound in Isuofia on October 27, was released "unhurt".

Police could not immediately say if a ransom had been paid before he was freed by the kidnappers who had demanded 500 million naira (3.3 million dollars, 2.2 million euros) from the family.

Family sources blamed political opponents of Charles Soludo, the former CBN chief for the kidnapping.

Soludo, who left office in June, was last month controversially nominated candidate for the ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP) for upcoming state governorship elections. Aggrieved aspirants are contesting the nomination in the courts.

In 2006, unknown gunmen shot the father in the eye when his son was in the final stages of implementing sweeping reforms of Nigeria's troubled banking sector.

Kidnapping for ransom, which occurs frequently in Nigeria's southern oil hub, has recently spread across the vast west African country.

Most hostages are released unharmed after a few days or weeks, often when a ransom is paid, yet in some cases victims are killed.

In the first six months of this year, more than 500 people were abducted across the country, with 10 of them killed, according to the Police Affairs Minister Yakubu Lame

http://www.channelstv.com/newsdetails.php?news_id=14879

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/24331/1/NEWS-UPDATE-Soludos-father-released/Page1.html
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by vanitty: 3:27pm On Nov 05, 2009
Halleluyah
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by Johnpaul2k2(m): 3:44pm On Nov 05, 2009
Well thank God though.is kidnapping d only way 2 show wickedness in dis so called Good People Great country?wel i guess d government should find an end to dis because if care is nt taken,they may kidnap our powerful men of God[color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by timpaker(m): 4:02pm On Nov 05, 2009
shocked "SO my kidnappers when are we going to share the money, my son don pay" says pa soludo,
shocked "we have to wait let the money mature, or do you want that your stingy son to notice what we just did" says Mr ADULTnapper
shocked " no, i just want to enjoy my share before i die" says pa soludo.

grin grin MAGGAS DON PAY> grin grin grin
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by jdamian: 4:12pm On Nov 05, 2009
timpaker:

shocked "SO my kidnappers when are we going to share the money, my son don pay" says pa soludo,
shocked "we have to wait let the money mature, or do you want that your stingy son to notice what we just did" says Mr ADULTnapper

hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllo, waris is dat, please?u don't make sense one bit.
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by azeeza(f): 4:26pm On Nov 05, 2009
they should have hold him a bite longer,if not 4 his health cool

my son don pay says pa soludo shocked

he used part of the money he stole to free his father,efcc and other corrupt practises commission are waiting for you.
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by kuraking(m): 4:27pm On Nov 05, 2009
YOU SEE, NIGERIANS DONT LIKE GOOD NEWS
WHEN THIS POOR MAN WAS KIDNAPPED THE THREAD GOT TO MANY PAGES
NOW HE IS RELEASED ALIVE, NOBODY DEY TALK

WELL THANK GOD HE IS ALIVE
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by saworoide: 4:32pm On Nov 05, 2009
Most of the high profile kidnapping victims were later released "without the payment of any ransom".

Did they pay any ransom for Pa Soludo? I guess we will never know.
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by lawrence83: 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2009
And this should make me shout Hurray right!
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by saintade01(m): 4:42pm On Nov 05, 2009
Now some men are rich again just with this act, hmmm undecided
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by obyann(f): 4:52pm On Nov 05, 2009
Thank God the old man is finally released cheesy cheesy
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by OAM4J: 5:01pm On Nov 05, 2009
Thank God.
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2009
hurray! freed at last.
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by timpaker(m): 5:16pm On Nov 05, 2009
@ jdamian  angry Is'nt it an illusion, the man was'nt kidnapped he was used as a tool in stopping soludo from picking the PDP governorship ticket and also to extort money from him. think of it they demanded 500 million naira and then to be paid in dollars, moments later it was reduced to so de facto, his father once complained that his son (soludo) is stingy and that it was because of him he lost an eye. so i guess Mr Chris Uba came and took advantage of it and , conspired with pa simon to sap out money from him.
 more facts are there in Anambra so dont misquote me
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by Nezan(m): 5:17pm On Nov 05, 2009
Let the Police continue investigating the matter-o, it shouldnt end there.
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by semid4lyfe(m): 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2009
Shey I no go find one kain high profile politician relative kidnap so?
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by Donpuk(m): 5:23pm On Nov 05, 2009
To God Be The Glory.
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 05, 2009
Nezan:

Let the Police continue investigating the matter-o, it shouldnt end there.

Which Police??
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by jdamian: 5:28pm On Nov 05, 2009
timpaker:

@ jdamian angry Is'nt it an illusion, the man was'nt kidnapped he was used as a tool in stopping soludo from picking the PDP governorship ticket and also to extort money from him. think of it they demanded 500 million naira and then to be paid in dollars, moments later it was reduced to so de facto, his father once complained that his son (soludo) is stingy and that it was because of him he lost an eye. so i guess Mr Chris Uba came and took advantage of it and , conspired with pa simon to sap out money from him.
more facts are there in Anambra so dont misquote me

I HEAR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by timpaker(m): 5:31pm On Nov 05, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Shey I no go find one kain high profile politician relative kidnap so?

u can start by kidnapping the owner of NL the bank they paid the ransom to, or your Local Govt Chairman.
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by saintfrank(m): 5:52pm On Nov 05, 2009
If this kidnapper continue to kidnap people like soludo him self and other political leaders who are the maker and finder of chop alone in the political seat it we be very good……. because I learnt that this kidnapping stuff is the most exploring business in ninja at the moment…, Plz kidnapper stay safe and wise always go after the rich who make their money by suppressing the poor in our nation…, And I u continue like this with out going after individual who fight to eat daily bread…. D unity we remain within U all, Make una try catch Lucky Igbinedion of james Ibori
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by MrCrackles(m): 5:57pm On Nov 05, 2009
Topic. . .
Praise God! cheesy
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by saintfrank(m): 6:01pm On Nov 05, 2009
If this kidnapper continue to kidnap people like soludo him self and other political leaders who are the maker and finder of chop alone in the political seat it we be very good……. because I learnt that this kidnapping stuff is the most exploring business in ninja at the moment…, Plz kidnapper stay safe and wise always go after the rich who make their money by suppressing the poor in our nation…, And I u continue like this with out going after individual who fight to eat daily bread…. D unity we remain within U all, Make una try catch Lucky Igbinedion of james Ibori
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by illusion2: 6:05pm On Nov 05, 2009
Mcfeddy:

Kidnappers have released the 78-year-old father of ex-Central Bank of Nigeria governor Charles Soludo 10 days after he was seized from his home, police said Thursday.

"Mr. Simeon Soludo was dropped on a road near his village last night," Anambra State police spokesman Emeka Chukwuemeka told AFP.

Chukwuemeka said Soludo, who was abducted by gunmen who invaded his compound in Isuofia on October 27, was released "unhurt".

Police could not immediately say if a ransom had been paid before he was freed by the kidnappers who had demanded 500 million naira (3.3 million dollars, 2.2 million euros) from the family.

Family sources blamed political opponents of Charles Soludo, the former CBN chief for the kidnapping.

Soludo, who left office in June, was last month controversially nominated candidate for the ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP) for upcoming state governorship elections. Aggrieved aspirants are contesting the nomination in the courts.

In 2006, unknown gunmen shot the father in the eye when his son was in the final stages of implementing sweeping reforms of Nigeria's troubled banking sector.

Kidnapping for ransom, which occurs frequently in Nigeria's southern oil hub, has recently spread across the vast west African country.

Most hostages are released unharmed after a few days or weeks, often when a ransom is paid, yet in some cases victims are killed.

In the first six months of this year, more than 500 people were abducted across the country, with 10 of them killed, according to the Police Affairs Minister Yakubu Lame
Now you know why security's so bad in Nigeria undecided
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by misssexyu(f): 6:11pm On Nov 05, 2009
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father
« #22 on: Today at 18:01:36 » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Saintfrank
2 wrongs cannot make a right.THERE HAS TO BE A CHANGE OR STOP TO ALL DIS KIDNAPPING STURV,dnt u kno somtymz innocent souls are also killed?
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by bjmighty(m): 6:12pm On Nov 05, 2009
timpaker:

Guy, no kill me with laff oooooo. I like ur spirit!!! Thumbs up!!
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by jona2: 6:19pm On Nov 05, 2009
Date Published: 11/05/09

N200 Million paid to free Pa Soludo
The police in Anambra State this morning in Awka told journalists how abductors of Pa Simeon Soludo, father of former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Professor Charles Soludo, released the old man last night.

He was said to have been released at a location in Uga in Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State.

According to the police, the kidnappers had earlier called the Soludo family to inform them to collect their father late last night.

Deputy Commissioner of Police, Mr. Oshodi Glover, who was in the family house this morning confirmed: “It is very true we have seen him (Pa Soludo) now.  He is hale and hearty.  He was released last night.”

One of Pa Soludo’s children told P.M.News that the kidnappers had earlier in the day
called the family to come for their father at the said location late last night.

Another of his son told our reporter: “We are all happy that our father is released, but we are still sober.”

He said he was in town to ensure he undergoes a thorough medical examination, to confirm his state of health.

However, DCP Glover, while answering reporters’ questions, refused to confirm or deny the payment of any ransom to the kidnappers before Pa Soludo was released.

There was speculation that N200 million was paid to the kidnappers before the old man was let off the hook.The internet was abuzz this morning with such speculation. But no Soludo family member was ready to confirm if such money was paid. And the police also denied such ransom was paid.

The DCP confirmed that five persons have been arrested in connection with the kidnap saga while one of the abductors managed to escape.

A at the time of going to the press, journalists were bared from speaking to Pa Soludo.  His photograph was not allowed to be taken.  The police insisted he needed to recover from the shock.  Visitors were not allowed to see or talk to him.

Pa Soludo was abducted by a five man gang of gun wielding kidnappers who stormed his family house in Isuofia in Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State in a balck Mercedes Benz ar at about 7.30 p.m on 27 October, 2009.

The kidnapers initially demanded N500 million as ransom but they came down to N300 million later. There were speculations that the old man was abducted by agents of the political opponents of Charles Soludo, who lost out when the leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party, decided to nominate the former Central Bank Governor as the party’s standard bearer in the poll scheduled for February next year.

The politicians however denied the accusation, accusing Soludo in turn for organising the kidnap of his father to paint the opposition black and evil. Last night, it was the former CBN governor who broke the news of his father’s freedom in  a text message:

“To God be the glory, my father has just been released by kidnappers. We are emboldened by this experience to dedicate our life to the service of our fatherland and to find lasting solution to the problem of kidnapping. Those who sought to break our will must be told that the wind of change in Anabram.

http://www.pointblanknews.com/os2394.html
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by hamsfat: 6:28pm On Nov 05, 2009
Must we kidnap b4 our leaders allow us eat.may God save us,Nigerians
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by bjmighty(m): 6:35pm On Nov 05, 2009
*jona:

Date Published: 11/05/09

[b]
The DCP confirmed that five persons have been arrested in connection with the kidnap saga while one of the abductors managed to escape.

Five innocents have been arrested again for a crime they know nothing about! eeeyaaaaa!!!!
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by donjon: 6:42pm On Nov 05, 2009
Thank GOD!
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by Uche2nna(m): 6:46pm On Nov 05, 2009
*jona:

Thats odd undecided

They told us how Pa Soludo was released but never told us how they caught the suspects
Re: Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father by canuck(m): 6:52pm On Nov 05, 2009
saintade01:

Now some men are rich again just with this act, hmmm undecided

Uh-oh! Looks like someone is getting a really bad idea lipsrsealed

@Topic
Good to know, though we may never know the real story.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

National Unity - What Is A Federal Government? / How Much Is Nigeria Worth / Full Speech Of Fresh Republc Of Biafra Declaration,nov 5,2012. A Funny Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.