Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Considering Various Allegations, Should Amaechi Resign As Transport Minister? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Considering Various Allegations, Should Amaechi Resign As Transport Minister? (390 Views)

Onnoghen Resign As CJN / Animals And Their Various Yoruba Names / Transport Minister, Rotimi Amaechi Planning To Kill Governor Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Considering Various Allegations, Should Amaechi Resign As Transport Minister? by malik28: 5:33pm On Nov 21, 2016
Considering the various controversies and allegations dogging the path of Rotimi Amaechi, should he resign as Nigeria’s Minister of Transportation?

Well unfortunately in this part of the world, we don’t place much premium on morality. Recently, the All Progressives Congress Legal Adviser, Muiz Banire, was mentioned in the bribery scandal involving the judges and he offered to resign from his post pending the conclusion of investigations into his alleged bribery of a judge and we applauded that but everyone is not the same. The Honourable Minister believes that he could prove his innocence while still in office but it is very hard to try to influence the investigation when you are occupying a very powerful office.

Honourable Rotimi Amaechi should step aside and open himself to investigation if and when he is invited by the anti-graft agencies in the course of their investigation of the allegation levelled against him by the Supreme Court justices. I feel people who hold public offices should be encouraged to open themselves to investigation whenever they are accused of serious allegations. Since the judges have strongly come out to say that the Minister approached them to do injustice in the handling of the matter tabled before them and he also attempted to bribe them, I think the Minister should step aside and expose himself to investigation.

If the matter is thoroughly investigated and cleared, then he takes back his position. I remember when he was accused of corruption, then he was not a Minister yet and he went to the National Assembly to defend himself. I am sure indeed he was not accused of corruption then and during that time, a panel was set up to investigate and he was cleared and no evidence was presented to be contrary but he was not appointed as the Minister then but now that he is occupying a high position in the country and the allegation is coming up, I think the reasonable thing to do is to resign from office.

http://shipsandports.com.ng/amaechi-resign-transport-minister/

Re: Considering Various Allegations, Should Amaechi Resign As Transport Minister? by talktonase(m): 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2016
Leave him joor! Of what use will his sack be to the current recession? Things will ever be the same... cry

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Video: Funny U.S Election Result In Owerri By Nwateacher / What Will Be You Last Action If The World Will End Tomorrow? / Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.