Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Recession Causes Negative Impact On Mental Health - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Recession Causes Negative Impact On Mental Health (513 Views)

Lagos Releases 11 More Coronavirus Patients After They Tested Negative / I Have Ocd And Some Other Mental Disorder... I Hate Myself... Please Help... / Nigerian's In Diaspora Launch Free Online Resource On Mental Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Recession Causes Negative Impact On Mental Health by Ekykool(m): 8:26pm On Nov 21, 2016
Study reveals that there is a sharp increase in number of people suffering stress, anxiety and depression because of redundancies and job insecurity.

National and international research shows rates of mental health problems are higher among those who are unemployed. On average, 34 per cent of unemployed people experience psychological problems, compared to 16 per cent of those
employed. Men and blue collar workers experience more distress due to unemployment than women and white collar workers. Anxiety and depression are the most common mental health problems.

Presently, some oil rich countries which include Venezuela and Nigeria are battling greatly with recession.

http://healthcustodian.com/recession-causes-negative-impact-on-mental-health/

cc: Dominique, Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Man Strains His Manhood While Attempting To Wear His Wedding Ring On It / Top 5 Exercises For Breast Size Enhancement / Tips To Reduce Your Cancer Risk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.