Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,304 members, 7,829,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Miranda Series - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Miranda Series (783 Views)

MIRANDA - A Painful Loss (a short story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miranda Series by Sandra23(f): 10:06pm On Nov 21, 2016
Miranda Episode 4

I told no one about my ordeal with Uncle Nnamdi especially Pepe, I didn't want anyone laughing at me. Thinking back, I was happy he couldn't recognise me ; thanks to Pepe who used up almost everything in her makeup kit that night. What would I have told my parents? What would my Aunt think of me?
It was two weeks to mid semester and I sincerely couldn't wait. I needed a break from all the drama at school and my room.

After four basic classes, I was heavy-eyed. I suspected hunger considering the fact that I slept really early last night. The pace at which I finished my jollof rice was amazing. Fine & Dine remained my favourite restaurant, their chefs were always so friendly.
I had about an hour, thirty minutes before my next class and decided to read a book or two. No way was it going to be 'school related", atleast one of those 'singles' books.
Before getting to that section of the library, my eyes peered a book titled 'common sense is not common' I chuckled faintly "is this for real?" I picked it up and immediately took a seat.
A million things crossed my mind as I opened the book, I thought of Pepe's friends Jacinta and Loretta. They were her favourite friends more like best friends since they visited almost everyday. They seemed like sisters but the only similarity was their complexion to Pepe's. Loretta was the finer one of the duo but she had this familiar smell to onions.
I preferred Jacinta to Loretta, she spoke less. Loretta lacked decorum, she could say a million things in a second, she was certainly worse than Pepe. Jacinta always sat on my bed to gist, at first I was very uncomfortable cause I thought "hey, she could be practicing theft" but not once was an item missing. She would occasionally offer me drinks, hugs and compliments.
Just as I thought about her, I got a call. It was Mr Nicholas, the manager of Fine and Dine. He was such a flirty person, his lips were extremely pink due to continuous licking. He could drool for anything on skirt. He has been chyking me for a while yet he was married with a kid. He was more than 10 years my age.
He invited me to have ice cream, it was my favorite blue bunny oreos filled one. Maybe I was wrong to tell him so much about myself. I hadn't taken it in months so I swiftly agreed. I had about an hour till my class so there was no rush.
He bought the biggest pack so we could share, he made it seem like it was a romantic date. Ewww.
"Would you want some for your friends?"
"Nah, I have a class soon. Before I get back, it'll be all melted. Next time maybe"
We talked for a while. We spoke on fashion and marriage even though he kept on diverting asking about my relationship status. He was beginning to bore me..
"I can't believe my eyes, isn't this nick?" Mr Nicholas glanced briefly at the lady but didn't respond. There were many empty tables so it ought to be his 'nick' I said to myself.
She approached our table "Nick, why haven't you been picking my calls" Women were fond of asking questions and answering themselves.
"Oh, its this waste bin that you've been wasting your time on, is that it?" One thing I couldn't take in my life were insults. I had a degree at defending people especially myself.
"Excuse me, be careful with your words. I can hear you perfectly"
"Was I whispering? The purpose is for you to hear well. You're like every other slut, he's using ice cream to woo you. My dear you don't own him.
"Kesha let's discuss outside please" he said...

http://sandraakaelu..com/2016/01/miranda-episode-4.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miranda Series by Sandra23(f): 6:43pm On Nov 22, 2016
Miranda episode 5

Who knew I'll sleep so deep to even miss my lecture and to think I set an alarm.
It was a Tuesday night but the road was extra busy. I got to my room by 10:30pm.
Pepe cultivated the habit of always locking the door, well the doors since we had another leading to the backyard. At times, I would stand endlessly knocking. I even began knocking when it wasn't locked.
I rushed into the room, I heard sounds from the bathroom. I couldn't tell if they were moans or people grumbling. I assumed Pepe to be asleep, I guess I was wrong.
The door made this loud noise at the opening but they seemed very distracted as no one noticed. "Pepe and men, this girl is never tired" I couldn't be bothered, I took off my clothes, put on my night wear and went to bed.
It felt like I slept for just two hours the next morning, all I could think of during my 9am class was my rice at 'Fine and Dine'.
As usual, the place was crowded, I hurriedly ordered my rice and chicken, it felt like I hadn't eaten for years.
"Hey pretty lady, what's good?
It was Desmond, the bug that wouldn't let me be. I sincerely thought he came by to settle the bill but apparently he came to 'rant' as always. We had English classes together and I always prayed he didn't show up.
"Well everything, how are you today?
"I'm glorious mehn, seeing your smile is enough for me" I forgot to mention, he always had his way with words. No doubt, he was good looking but I never felt the attraction.
"Mira, there's this cool restaurant I'll like to show you, I'm sure you'll love it" he said
Other times, it was a park, a club, or joint, a bar. He always knew somewhere new. Maybe if I agreed this time, he'll finally let me be.
"Alright, that's fine. Let's meet up by 7pm.
We didn't go together to the restaurant as Desmond claimed to be stuck in traffic so he just described it briefly.
The place seemed really nice, Valentine was over a week old but they still retained its decorations.
Desmond arrived about an hour later. "Take anything Mira, I'm here to spoil you" He kept ordering like he just hit a jackpot. I wasn't a greedy person so I ordered something affordable.
We talked, ate, laughed, talked some more. He wasn't interested in school stuff as he always drifted whenever the topic came up.
It was getting late already, I called on the waiter
"How much is the bill?" Desmond asked
"35,600 sir"
"Oh alright, I expected more" ehn? What did we eat for 35k already? I said to myself....

http://sandraakaelu..com/2016/01/miranda-episode-5.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miranda Series by Sandra23(f): 2:05am On Nov 23, 2016
Miranda Episode 6

It was 11pm and still no sign of Desmond, I got very worried. I also became very thirsty since my wine was already exhausted. 'I hope he's alright' I said to myself.
'I gat energy, gat alotta energy...... I didn't notice my phone was even ringing. It was my mum.
"Hello Mimi, how are you?"
"I'm fine mum, how's everyone?"
"We are all fine, I thought you'd be asleep, how's school?" 'You thought, yet you still called' , I said to myself
"School is alright mummy, please tell Dad to check his email tomorrow"
"Eh hen, no problem, this one I'm hearing noise, where are you?"
"Ah han, I'm in my room, there's a party on the next street"
"Party on a weekday? Hmmmm anyways, your siblings sent their greetings"
"Yesso mummy, oh send them kisses"
"Goodnight my dear, check you up later"
"Sleep well mummy"
I was about putting the phone in my bag when I heard Desmond's voice.

"I searched all around, even at the top floor, seems it was stolen or I probably forgot it"
Sigh! "Well I guess I have to sought the bill"
"I really didn't want that, can I write you a check, ermm you could pick it up by uhmm next tomorrow? Oh that's the weekend, let's make it by Monday"
Did he really need to ask, he should have written it in the restroom already. He scribbled something and handed it over, it was 75k!!
'It wasn't such a bad night afterall' I said to myself. I asked for the POS without a waste of time and paid. I had just about 40k in my account atm but I wasn't bothered, 75 was coming in !!!
"You came in a car right?" Let's go now, you could drop me......
"Err, the thing is while I was searching for my stuff, my friend called to borrow it. I totally forgot he didn't even return"
"But how do you intend to go home then?"
"Well, I guess I'll grab a cab. I'm sure it was urgently needed.
Desmond definitely had a lot going on, I didn't exactly believe what he said but then my check brought me so much joy.
"Alright, but are you sure you'll be alright here? We could grab a cab together"
"Nah, I can't bother you with that, I'm fine dear, he might still return the car so I'll just....

http://sandraakaelu..com/2016/02/miranda-episode-6.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miranda Series by Sandra23(f): 6:45am On Nov 24, 2016
Miranda episode 7

I woke up in discomfort, oh yeah I didn't sleep on my bed. I slept in the neighbour's room, fortunately her roommate was out that night.
"Maybe I overreacted a bit" I thought to myself. "Nah, I was just shocked" I finally said.
I dressed up for school without the notice of anyone. I planned on visiting my aunt this weekend, at least a break from all the drama. "A little extra cash won't be bad" I said while putting on my shoes.
During my 11am class I kept thinking on the Aunt to pay a visit. Then it clicked 'Aunt maria'. How didn't I think of her all the while? She was really cool. She has no kids yet, so there'd be less house chores. She was my dad's favourite sister and one of my favorites too. We also shared similar interests in movies, music and celeb life.
"Hello, Aunt Maria how are you? Its Miranda".

"Mimi, I'm good, its been a while. How is school?"
"School is alright. Can I come over for the weekend?"
"Oh sure darling, I've missed you, in fact you all. We sure have a lot to catch up on"
"Haha, sure thing Aunt, I'll come this evening, so I'll leave on Sunday"
"How's everyone? I need to visit pretty soon" she said as another professor walked in.
"They're good Aunt, I'll see you later. I have a class now.
"Alright Mimi, see you soon"
It was a bright Saturday morning and Aunt maria decided to go shopping, well I thought it was for just groceries. Apparently, she looked a lot excited than usual. My sweet Aunt, she had been married for over seven years without a child and it really gave her marriage hiccups. A few times have I heard Dad complain about the maltreatment she always received from her husband Dr Reynold, as he loves to be called. Personally, I thought she was too good for him.
"Aunt, its such a beautiful day, don't you agree?"
"Yes Mimi, and my husband gets back too, so I plan on giving you guys a treat, let's say my valentine treat" she said with a finger to her lips indicating to keep it a secret.
"But Aunt, that was more than a week ago"
"Yes, but we didn't spend time together"
"Alright then, I'll get the table set" I said about to stand
"No no, don't bother, its my treat remember"
Everything looked fantastic at dinner, I took major interest in the desserts. They were delicious.
Just before it was 8pm, her husband arrived.
"Hey baby, how was your trip"
"We thank God" was all he said. Simple "it was fine or good" I never understand older people though.
"I made something good, I'm sure the aroma already flooded your thoughts, I'm sure you'll love it"
"Can all these wait for some other time?"
"Common baby, its my little treat, don't let it all go to a waste"
"Good evening Dr Rey, welcome"...
Continue below

http://sandraakaelu..com/2016/02/miranda-episode-7.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miranda Series by Sandra23(f): 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2016
Interested in episode 8

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miranda Series by StarBukola(f): 8:53pm On Nov 24, 2016
Sandra23:
Interested in episode 8
yes
Re: Miranda Series by Sandra23(f): 7:12pm On Nov 25, 2016
A little reminder: you can easily read search for all episodes from the blog through the web version, it's really easy.
Meanwhile , this is episode 8

Miranda. Episode 8

Anytime I tried to run from the drama, it grew stronger. Dr Reynold managed to rush Aunt Maria to the hospital. I hope nothing happens because my Dad would definitely deal with that devil.

I almost forgot it was already Monday and I had a class by 10 which couldn't be missed. I got to my mini apartment at about 8:15 totally exhausted. Immediately I entered the room, Pepe sat up looking in the mood for a conversation.
"Hey Mimi " she finally said.

"Hey" I replied.
"So how are you? I haven't seen you in days, went home for the weekend?" She asked.
"I'm alright, yeah I did" I replied as I tried sorting some books.
"Oh, good. Err about what happened the other day, it....
"Pepe, I totally understand your choice of sexuality, you don't have to exp...
"Wait, I do. We should have gone somewhere more private I guess cause not everyone would love to see two ladies getting down and....
"Pepe, er that's enough. Don't you think? I said already looking irritated. "But I have a question though, are you bi?
"Well...
And my phone beeps, it's my reminder of getting to the bookshop before 9:30.
"I guess this conversation could wait, I have a class soon" I said picking up my bag.
"Alright Mimi, have a nice day" she said looking some sort embarrassed.

Asides me, it seemed like everyone enjoyed the lecture, it couldn't decide if it was totally boring or I had my mind occupied with other stuffs.
I was about paying for my lunch when I saw my cheque.
Thank goodness! Finally, something to cheer me up. I headed to the bank straight away.

The queue at the bank was frustrating. Monday's were just too busy. I just hoped I could be attended to before they close for the day.
"Excuse me young lady, the line is extremely long and I really need to get money for my son's treatment, do you mind if I got attended to before you?"

http://sandraakaelu..com/2016/04/miranda-episode-8.html
Re: Miranda Series by Sandra23(f): 12:18am On Dec 01, 2016
Remember you can still read up other stories on the blog and even latter episodes.
This is episode 9

Miranda. Episode 9

"Are you sure you're not mixing something up?"
"No ma'am"
Meanwhile, I could already hear people wailing silently behind me and I quickly got out of the line to call Des.
"Great, just great" I said to myself as the coverage at the bank was extremely poor today. I stepped out. Des and I always had a similar class late on Mondays so he was probably in school.

Decision making time, I had already dialed his number about five times and still no response. Having to get to school and be back here was worse than stressful. I definitely didn't want to believe I was duped. No way!

At the school entrance, I decided to dial his number yet again before going in search of him. He answered after the third ring.
"Hey Mira, what's good?"
"Hello Des, nothing is. I've been trying to reach you all day"
"Oh yeah, I was in a meeting, I'll be heading to school soon"
"Oh okay, the bank is having issues with issuing the cheque, could you.. Hello, hello, des are you? The line went off. "Ugh" I whimpered

It was already past noon and there was no way I could make it back to the bank. He surely had to do a transfer.
"Seems like the desserts finally made its effect on me" I said rubbing my belly while walking to the restroom.

I began laughing at the series of farts emanating from my butt, I had no idea why I always did that. In the middle of playing piano tiles, I heard...

Continue below:
http://sandraakaelu..com/2016/04/miranda-episode-9.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

One Mantra That Will Stop You From Taking Things Personally / [story]o.g.b.a.n.j.e (the Child Of Thunder) Chapter 9-10 / UNN online certificate verification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.