Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Robert Mugabe Will Not Contest In The 2018 Elections Due To Health Issues - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robert Mugabe Will Not Contest In The 2018 Elections Due To Health Issues (669 Views)

"Buhari Didn't Say He May Not Contest In 2019" - Presidency Rubbishes Reuters / Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Arewa Youths / I'll Not Contest For Presidency Until 10 Million Nigerians Endorse Me – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robert Mugabe Will Not Contest In The 2018 Elections Due To Health Issues by owolabi400: 10:35pm On Nov 21, 2016
A senior official from the president’s camp has revealed that Robert Mugabe who is the World’s oldest and one of the longest serving Heads of State, will not be contesting in the presidential election in 2018, after he was reportedly advised to drop out of the race by his medical doctors.

Although, it’s yet to be officially announced but the unidentified official while explaining the state of the president’s medical records was quoted on ZimNews saying:

‘The President’s medical records are classified and private, I cannot disclose anything, but he (Mugabe) has a clean bill of health at the moment. However he is not going to contest the coming elections, after being told by doctors that the campaigning alone will take a heavy toll on him. You will soon find out for yourselves, but the long and short

Report also has it that the president, who has endured a cocktail of health woes, including eye cataract problems, reported prostate cancer and paining swollen feet, will embark on another round of medicals in Singapore, Hong Kong or Malaysia when he goes for his annual Christmas holiday with his family in December.

Robert Mugabe aged 92, who assumed the office of the President in 1987 and having ruled for over 30 years.

Source: http://www.codedextra.com.ng/worlds-oldest-president-robert-mugabe-will-not-contest-in-the-2018-elections-due-to-health-issues/

cc: lalasticlala

Re: Robert Mugabe Will Not Contest In The 2018 Elections Due To Health Issues by sekundosekundo: 10:43pm On Nov 21, 2016
No!, we can't take this. He must contest whether dead or alive.

2 Likes

Re: Robert Mugabe Will Not Contest In The 2018 Elections Due To Health Issues by Bruno3000(m): 11:08pm On Nov 21, 2016
All good things MUST come to an end... This is so because NOTHING, I mean not a damn thang lasts forever.
Re: Robert Mugabe Will Not Contest In The 2018 Elections Due To Health Issues by duduade: 11:29pm On Nov 21, 2016
Until this man dies.. And his family relinquishes power... Zimbabwe is cursed..

1 Like

Re: Robert Mugabe Will Not Contest In The 2018 Elections Due To Health Issues by ihejimagha(f): 11:59pm On Nov 21, 2016
Lol, y won't he? I thought it's his inheritance.

(1) (Reply)

Office Of The Vp: Press Release / You Have No Sense Of Shame, Kaduna APC Slams Shehu Sani / Okowa, Uduaghan Condemn Rumour Mongering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.