Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,855 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Recession Worsens On Niger Delta Crisis, Despite Agric Rebounds - Thisdaylive - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession Worsens On Niger Delta Crisis, Despite Agric Rebounds - Thisdaylive (11377 Views)

Charles Okah, Kanu May Be Freed As MEND, FG Strike Deal To End N-delta Crisis / Niger Delta Crisis: Count Me Out Of Any Dialogue With Govt – Dokubo Asari / Still On The Lagos-Calabar Rail Line Controversy - Excerpt From Thisdaylive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession Worsens On Niger Delta Crisis, Despite Agric Rebounds - Thisdaylive by SillyMods: 11:19am On Nov 22, 2016
IVORY2009:

Pls take a look @ ur moniker again, even if u're angry with the mod for banning ur alternate moniker, u should not tour this way! shocked
Shuo, which one be your own na?
You be lawyer?

grin
Re: Recession Worsens On Niger Delta Crisis, Despite Agric Rebounds - Thisdaylive by Eskdale(m): 11:25am On Nov 22, 2016
SillyMods:

There are plenty of positives here. The agric and other non-oil sectors have started yielding positive result.

Let Niger Delta continue with their bombings. We're in it together.

If anything, the region suffers most than any other part of the country.

It's not a rocket science and there is the common saying that "he who fetches firewood infected with ants invites lizards to his house".

The same way that the North East suffers the worst consequences of its support & harboring for Boko Haram is the same way the Niger Delta will suffer the worst consequences for the militancy. Already their governors are crying they're most affected by the bombings of oil facilities; such cries will increase by the time they can't even pay a dime any more.

No need to preach to a young man not to court leprosy if he's prepared and determined to live alone in the forgotten forest.

#GodwinEzeemo4AnambraGovernor2017

1 Share

Re: Recession Worsens On Niger Delta Crisis, Despite Agric Rebounds - Thisdaylive by Chiznonso: 11:53am On Nov 22, 2016
SillyMods:

There are plenty of positives here. The agric and other non-oil sectors have started yielding positive result.

It's not a rocket science and there is the common saying that "he who fetches firewood infected with ants invites lizards to his house".

The same way that the North East suffers the worst consequences of its support & harboring for Boko Haram is the same way the Niger Delta will suffer the worst consequences for the militancy. Already their governors are crying they're most affected by the bombings of oil facilities; such cries will increase by the time they can't even pay a dime any more.

No need to preach to a young man not to court leprosy if he's prepared and determined to live alone in the forgotten forest.

See Nigeria is @ the mercy of those Militants

1 Like

Re: Recession Worsens On Niger Delta Crisis, Despite Agric Rebounds - Thisdaylive by Chiznonso: 12:01pm On Nov 22, 2016
OLADD:
SUMMARY:

1. Contrary to the widely held belief, Niger Delta crisis is not the main contributory factor to the nation's recession since the oil sector only constitutes less than 15% of the GDP. The president and VP are wrong to always premise the economic woes on plummeting oil revenue.

2. Lopsided foreign exchange policy is substantially responsible for the lull in productive activities in the manufacturing, agriculture and other sectors of the economy which constitute the remaining 85% of the country's GDP. In other words, Buhari's economic policies are the main reasons for the recession.

3. Even if hostility in Niger Delta ceases and global oil price rebounds, it doesn't guaranty our speedy recovery from recession since our GDP growth is not mainly galvanised by oil revenue inflow.

U don't have the full picture, 15% ofNigeria's GDP is directly THE oil sector, while an additional 70% is indirectly affected by the oil sector because 70% of Nigeria's GDP is Consumer Spending , since Nigeria is a highly import dependent Economy , Nigeria as a whole rely heavily on oil exports (Oil and gas is 95% of our Exports) to finance it's imports since U can only use foreign and international tradable currencies ie Dollars to import, u have to export to earn that income. Foreign Investors are shying away from Nigeria's economy due to largely reduced Oil price and are wary of reduced Oil Production, if we had increased oil production during this oil price crash, investors would have been more confident to invest in our economy
Re: Recession Worsens On Niger Delta Crisis, Despite Agric Rebounds - Thisdaylive by bashydemy(m): 12:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
SillyMods:

God bless you my brother, Some people never think before taking action and still maintain the same stand on destruction, Immediately they started bombing of oil facilities PMB kick off the diversification program mostly in all Northern states and supporting the Farmers.

FG also the search of oil in the North i think that should send a signal to them that Buhari does not care if they destroy their region and that the negotiation he is trying to negotiate is for their own sake and to show the world he cares, Now since they have started bombing Nigeria never collapse but only shortfall in the GDP wish i believe after the plan by FG is on full course, We will not even need the oil anymore..

Let them continue to bombing the facilities and destroying their region and let see who will loose at the end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession Worsens On Niger Delta Crisis, Despite Agric Rebounds - Thisdaylive by bashydemy(m): 12:28pm On Nov 22, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

Oga enviroMENTAList! The region has been suffering since only God knows when, so it isn't a new thing..

And when GEJ who happen to be soil of the soil was in power what did he do to help his people and the region? Even Ogoni cleanup he neglet it.
Re: Recession Worsens On Niger Delta Crisis, Despite Agric Rebounds - Thisdaylive by bashydemy(m): 12:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
Omudia:
All over the world riots and violence spring up whenever there is injustice. If the federal govt had played its part, there would be little or no crisis in the Niger Delta. During racism, blacks revolted. During the reign of Gaddaffi the citizens revolted too. What the people of the Niger Delta are saying is that we are tired of the injustice. I don't support pipeline vandalism though but in other for Nigeria and any other country to move forward, there must be equity and justice.

I'm in Abuja now, and I can't help but weep at the Niger Delta. 90% of Abuja or more was developed with Niger Delta crude revenue. The people are saying enough is enough. No sensible government practices this parasitic system of governance anymore. True federalism or nothing!

And before you tell me how bad our Niger Delta governors are, start by telling us just how good your own governors are.

Have you forgotten FG know it might be hard for them to touch everywhere and Niger Delta need special treatment that was why the creation of NDDC, Ministry of Niger Delta and the 13% derivation comes in.

Now tell me what has the NDDC and Ministry done to help the region? Nothing but keep looting all the money and thank God 80% of people that in those 2 agencies are from the region.. Again what did GEJ did to help his region for 5yrs?
Re: Recession Worsens On Niger Delta Crisis, Despite Agric Rebounds - Thisdaylive by IVORY2009(m): 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
SillyMods:
Shuo, which one be your own na? You be lawyer?
grin
Sec 22, sub sec 3, paragraph 2B, and I'm free to quote! grin
Re: Recession Worsens On Niger Delta Crisis, Despite Agric Rebounds - Thisdaylive by Slimpotter(m): 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2016
Omudia:
All over the world riots and violence spring up whenever there is injustice. If the federal govt had played its part, there would be little or no crisis in the Niger Delta. During racism, blacks revolted. During the reign of Gaddaffi the citizens revolted too. What the people of the Niger Delta are saying is that we are tired of the injustice. I don't support pipeline vandalism though but in other for Nigeria and any other country to move forward, there must be equity and justice.

I'm in Abuja now, and I can't help but weep at the Niger Delta. 90% of Abuja or more was developed with Niger Delta crude revenue. The people are saying enough is enough. No sensible government practices this parasitic system of governance anymore. True federalism or nothing!

And before you tell me how bad our Niger Delta governors are, start by telling us just how good your own governors are.
I totally agree with you dat Abuja was developed with Niger Deltas' money,but if truth be told it was due to the fact that abuja is a capital and secondly the minister's of FCT were much more crious..... But I ask wat was d job of NDDC nd the Niger Delta ministry,wat of the 13% derivation... so this makes you ask questions....The Niger Delta is nt as big as the north but some parts of d north are more developed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo Orders Security Reinforcements After Communal Violence In Cross River / Gov. Ortom, Deputy, 30 Newly Elected Legislators Receive Certificates Of Return / INEC Projects 20 Million New Voters As CVR Begins Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.