Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Revolution - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Revolution (1769 Views)

Poem Titled "Imminent Revolution" / FICTION: Sex Village By Sexual Series (revolution) / Revolution: From 3rd World To First World In A Decade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revolution by Tekzyflex(m): 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2016
sixthmars:
Dedicated to Sharafawizkidayo.

I walked through the crowd towards the DJ stand. Loud music filled the room, so did smoke. I walked unconsciously to the beat of the music like I was on a catwalk. I looked directly at Seun, he was frisking his disk and laptop, one hand on his headset. His body moving rhythmically to the sound of the song. He stopped for a moment, looked up and our eyes locked, he smiled at me releasing his hand to briefly to wave at me. I waved back. I was confident, I could feel people look at me, few of them signalling me to come. I had begged Aya to make me up. She was surprised at first, but I was desperate. Seun had told me the last time we went out together that he didn't like my face au natural. He had said specifically that I wasn't ugly, but I needed to look my best at all times especially when I was with him. I had even purchased a makeup kit online. I didn't feel so exposed anymore with my short skirt and top made cropped by tying.
' Hi!' Seun had said, as I passed him the bottle of beer. ' look good, join me' he had said stretching a hand towards me. ' I don't know Seun, I'm working'
' C'mon' he said with a smug. ' Don't worry about that' , he said, his hands still stretched towards. I don't know what came over me, but I took his hand and the pulled me up to the DJ stand. He had kissed me lightly close to my mouth, and I felt shy immediately. He removed the headset from his head and pur it on my. He asked my favourite song, and when I told him he played it. The entire gesture felt nice, I was beaming brighter than a sun ray. His hands wrapped my waist, as I moved slowly to the song.
I watched white beard talking to Chucks and Chucks pointing in my direction, my heart sank but I didn't move. it was like his touch had made me immobile. White beard came close to the DJ stand and sternly ordered me to come down. I removed the headset and kept it on the table before climbing the stairs down. Seun hadn't said anything, he only smiled and continued with his DJing. Later white beard had warned me angrily never to abandon my duty post.

Aya had come to tell me that Seun needed me outside. The bright light lit up the entire dressing room. I hadn't seen him after white beard embarrassed me from his stand. I looked at myself again on the mirror, my eyes deep and intent. I pushed the chair back a little and stood up, I had change my clothes to the usual jeans and top.
The outside of the club was a little busy this time, people hung around at different spots buying suya and sharwama. I scanned the place looking for him. ' You disappeared ' Seun said startling me. ' I'm sorry, Mr Andrew needed me'. I said referring to white beard. ' Follow me'. He said heading toward the car park. I was uncomfortable because it was dark, but I followed him anyway. As we close to his car, he spun me skilfully so that my back rests on the car and kissed me on the lips. it was my first kiss. My mouth parted to give way to his tongue, I didn't know how, but I followed his rhythm. It was getting heated, I could taste him in me. I felt my stomach tighten, and sweet electric impulse down at my groin area. His body rested lightly on me, and I could literally see sparks in form of fireworks flying everywhere.
He stopped abruptly, my subconscious screamed ' No' and begged him to continue, but no word came out of my mouth. I was breathing like I had just completed a marathon. He looked into my eyes and asked me to follow him home.

Good thinking, lovely creativity but you need to work on your punctuations . Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 6:02pm On Nov 25, 2016
The big art on the floor caught my attention, I looked at it with fascination, it looked so surreal and dark, but I liked it. I stretched my hand and touched it feeling every inch of it.
' That's a two million naira painting. It was a gift from a friend.' Seun said handing a glass of wine to me. ' I don't know where to hang it so I kept in on the floor for the main time'.
' It's beautiful', I said, sipping from my glass.
' Do you know why I brought you here?' he asked. I shook my head and looked directly at him expecting his reply.
' I need a favor from you'. I couldn't understand why my heart skipped a beat. It's probably because of the way he said it. There was a devilish smile lingering on his lips.
' Will you say yes?' I looked at him wishing my senses back to me.
' I...uhn... don't know ' .I stammered. I was always nervous around him. He had this way around me such that I wanted to do everything he asked me to. I wanted to make him happy. He has always thrown tantrums whenever I refuse him anything. Not picking my calls, or replying my messages.
' Why don't you tell me first, maybe we can work up something '. He looked at me undecided. Then just like there was a spark he talked, asking me to follow him to Lagos for a show as his girlfriend, stressing the girlfriend. Butterflies swam around my stomach giving me a fluttery feeling. Girlfriend, I thought.
' I'd think about it '. I said. His eyes widened, 'think about it?' He asked annoyed. ' This is an offer any girl will take.' He said raising his voice. ' The biggest artists in the country will be there. WizKid, Tuface, Don jazzy'. He said listing with his hands.
' I just...'
' You'd be stupid not to say yes '. He said interrupting me.
' I just need to check with Fubi ' I rushed before he interrupts me again. ' I just need to be sure that he'll be fine '. I said pleadingly.

I had left Seun's house five minutes after that. He had refused to talk to me, or reply when I talk. After persistently talking to him, he had angrily left me in the living room. He didn't come out, or answer my knock so I left.
Fubi wasn't home yet, so I locked the door and kept the keys on the table. I went to my room to study.
After our little fight on Tuesday, the house had been painfully quiet. I rarely see Fubi, he's either in school, his room or out. I had been worried but there's nothing I could do about it. After reading for a while, I strolled into the bathroom to take my bath.
Re: Revolution by Sharafawizkidayo(m): 6:54pm On Nov 25, 2016
Thanks 4 dh dedication am so honoured,sir. i want to tell to keep doing wat ur doing, u are going places! next updat pls and more strength to u! winks!
Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2016
' I think you should go '. Aya said packing her hair into a bun. Her top raised higher because of her lifted hands, exposing her rows of butterfly tattoo on her waist.
' You know why I can't '. I said bending my head back from the chair I was sitting. My legs were crossed and I was playing with a comb. ' Oh, darl don't start'. She said turning around to look at me. 'Fubi can take care of himself.' She sat down and started applying her makeup. ' You really should stop stressing yourself over your brother'.
' But he's just a kid '. I said applying the foundation on my face. Aya laughed at my last statement and turned to look at me, swinging her powder brush in my face.
' Kid?'. She asked, like I said something ridiculous. ' Fubi is sixteen, you are eighteen. You are both kids'. She smirked at me before turning back to the mirror.
' All you have to do is tell him you'll bring back an autograph from wizkid or some other celebrity. He'd be happy, those things matter to you rich kids '. I stopped with my hair and looked at her through the mirror. ' Rich kid?' I asked, amusement playing on my lips.
' Don't patronize me Bells, I know you work at this club for peanuts. But I know know someone who survived on Noddles and cereals'. She said winking at me. I smirked at her and stood up to leave.

Fubi had taken it better than I expected. He begged to come with me, kept saying he can't believe it. The excitement I saw in his eyes and heard in his voice made me want to do everything to take him with me.
I sent a text to Seun, he didn't reply as usual so I had called him. He had answered like we never had any issue, he told me how excited he was about the news that I was going with him and promised to make me happy. I was so happy and relieved as I kept giggling. I had been so scared for the past three days thinking he hated me, it had made me depressed and restless and confused.
He agreed to get a ticket for Fubi only if won't be a distraction to us and if there was a way to cater for his transportation since we were going by air. I asked him to pick another ticket for Aya so she can help me watch Fubi. I also promised to look for a way with their transportation. I knew Aya would love the idea so I didn't bother informing her first.
Fubi hugged me and called me the best sister in the world. I knew just then, we had reconciled.
Aya was just as ecstatic as I thought, even promising to pay her own flight ticket.
Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 5:34am On Nov 26, 2016
Thank you @ Tekzyflex. I'll do that.
Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 5:40am On Nov 26, 2016
Sharafawizkidayo:
Thanks 4 dh dedication am so honoured,sir. i want to tell to keep doing wat ur doing, u are going places! next updat pls and more strength to u! winks!

You are welcome and thank you too... BTW, I'm a Lady.
Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 10:25am On Nov 26, 2016
The concert was just as amazing as I expected. The performances from Flavour, Mi and Brymo was insane. Fubi was just as happy as I was, if not even happier. We danced our entire hearts out. Seun was with us until it was his time to mount the stage. We had screamed loudly, hailing him and encoring.
He introduced me to some artists as his ' girlfriend'. He kept holding me and looking into my eyes. I've never felt that special in my entire life. I knew I loved him there, but I was too scared to tell him. We went for an after party that was just as thrilling as the concert was.
We got to Seun's house at 3:00am. It was located at Lekki area of Lagos, and is twice the size of his PH house. I laid on the big bed, still in my short gown. Seun had a glass of wine in his hand, a stick of marijuana hanging from his mouth. He handed the glass to me and sat of the beg pulling his shirt of, his tattoos visible covering his biceps. I drank from the glass. ' You were great '. I said to Seun taking another sip. He simply smiled and laid down with his chest on the bed. I kept the wine on the table and joined him. He stretched the stick of weed towards me. I shook my head, rejecting it. ' Just a smoke,' he said still stretching it towards me. I took it from him and inhaled deep, thick smoke came out of my mouth making my eyes watery as I released. He smiled at me and kept the stick in a plate on the bedside table. I felt lighter. He turned to face me, he looked into my eyes for a while. I felt awkward, and tried to dodge his eyes by looking down. He rose my head using his fore and middle finger, I looked at him clearly nervous. His head came slowly on mine and our lips touched. I felt myself melting into the kiss. He drew closer to me as his tongue found a way into my mouth, his hands caressed my face and then gently moved down to touch my breast through my my clothes and then down to my exposed thigh. He gently rose my gown up and found my pants, without pulling it off, he inserted his finger into my clit. I moved back immediately. He looked at me and tried again, I moved back and broke away from him.
' What is it?' He asked searching my face. I sat up on the bed, clasping my knees together. I held my hands together against my knees, my hair poured down covering my face as I bent my head.
' What's wrong with you?' He said raising his voice.
' I'm not ready'. I said not raising my head. ' I don't want to do it '.
Seun was angry with me, he went into a fit of rant about how childish I was. Telling me he wasted his time and money bringing me here. He told me about all the beautiful girls that would do anything he asks just to be in my position. He stood and was going to leave the room. I didn't know what came over me, but I stood up immediately and stopped him. I undressed myself slowly, the gown fell to the floor. I stepped out of it and walked towards him. I kissed him on the lips. He responded, wrapped him arm around me and drew me closer.
Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 4:31pm On Nov 26, 2016
I woke up the next morning feeling pains everywhere. It was excruciating. I didn't want to wake him up. I could tell he still sleeping though I wasn't facing him, because of his snore. I couldn't endure the pain anymore, I had to go to the bathroom. The pain was even more as I tried to sit down on the WC. I felt awful, dirty, and used. I don't know why I felt so terrible, but I did. I hated myself. I felt like sobbing, but no tears will come out. My ring tone knocked me out of my reveriè, only this time it wasn't pleasant. I slowly put on my panties and walked out. I looked around for my phone. I checked the dialler, it was uncle Femi. I was scared.
Uncle Femi had gone by Fubi's school to pick him so he could visit us, but was told that Fubi hadn't come to school. So he had gone by the house to look for which was a no show too.

Uncle Femi sat down fuming. I bent my head feeling, Fubi didn't look worried, or sorry. Infact he looked like he didn't care, he was smiling nonchalantly at uncle Femi's angry statements.
' I can see you can't take care of yourself, or your brother ' Uncle Femi bursted out. ' I don't even know why I thought you could be anything less than a teenager '. He said angrily. ' You going to Lagos with a boy you don't know'.
' He's my boyfriend '. I said defending myself. I didn't even know where that came from. Uncle Femi scoffed. ' What do you know about a relationship?' He said facing me angrily. ' I think you both come and stay with us '. He said referring to his wife.
' We can't '. Fubi spoke for the first time. Uncle Femi directed his gaze at him, his eyes widened with surprise.
' It's not like we don't want to, but we just can't '. Fubi explained.
' Can you throw more light?' Uncle Femi asked.
' We are sorry we went to Lagos, but I'd never be comfortable at your place, Belema too'. Fubi said moving out of the couch and sitting on the edge. ' Belema wasn't going to go. I begged her to, I wanted to see MI and she wanted me to be happy '. I sat there listening to Fubi. He was so mature, maybe more than me. We apologized to uncle Femi and told him we'd be better before he left.
Re: Revolution by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 26, 2016
Angelinastto:
And here is Angelinastto. Hi writter. Do not relent. Its really in you!
welcome ma. I'm so loving this writer. I duff my hat for you.
Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 9:49pm On Nov 27, 2016
I walked to the bar and sat on one of the stools in front of Chucks, he hailed me and gave me a glass of vodka. ' It's on the house ', he said and winked at me. I beamed and drank it in one gulp, he held a tray of drinks towards me, ' Your shifts starts in 3,2,1 ' his eyes brightened as he made a ding sound before walking back to attend to other customers. I walked round serving the drinks at a group of people celebrating a birthday party at the VIP section. I scanned the room for Seun, but he was nowhere to be found. There was a boy, his assistant playing around with the jock disk. I walked back to the bar and asked Chucks if he had seen Seun. He immediately avoided my eyes , telling me he doesn't know where he is. I picked up the filled tray and walked again to serve, I moved in between the crowd of people dancing. I gave the drinks to them, held the tray to my waist and turned to leave.

The black shirt with a skull on it caught my eyes. I had seen it before, I don't know where but the familiarity caught my eyes. What are the odds of many people buying the same dress, I thought. I walked back, curved my head yo check.
I was stuck.
It can't be. His hands were wrapped around her waist, and she was grinding him hard. They looked good together as they danced, her hands around his neck. I was used top this feeling, it was new, different. I wanted to slap her and drag my Seun out of her hands. But I just stood there conflicted by my thoughts. I didn't know if I should confront him or walk away, I just stood there and stared.
I didn't know how long I've been standing there, when a hand tapped me out of my conflicted thought. He long arms wrapped close to himself. Just like it was the memo my tear ducts needed, tears came flooding out of my eyes. My head rested on his chest, I hated myself for crying, I hated myself for being week. No matter how hard I tried, the tears wouldn't stop.

I sat outside trying to put myself together. I felt terrible, I didn't know things could still hurt so much after my patent's.
' Hi ', I turned around to see who it was. It was an unfamiliar face, so I just turned back to myself.
' I saw you inside and I really needed to talk to you '. I wasn't in the mood to talk, so I sized him up, stood up and walked back into the club.

After dragging me away from the scene, Mr white beard (Andrew) had asked me not to work. He said I should clear my head. That would make me look even weaker, so I picked up myself and walked to the bar. I picked my tray and walked across the room serving the drinks. My tray was empty in no time. Aya stopped me as I walked to the bar to fill my tray, she hugged me close and told me how sorry she was. Apparently Mr Andrew told her about it. I hugged her too, resting lightly on a shoulder, I wasn't gonna cry anymore. We walked to the bar together . She bought drinks for us and we chatted .

' Babe '. I heard Seun call, wrapping his arm around me. I didn't know what to do. I felt like shouting at him, or slapping him and pushing him away. But my entire body failed me, I just sat there and did nothing. He spun the chair around and tried to kiss me, I dodged and walked away. He followed me into the dressing room asking me what was wrong. I ignored him and walked into the bathroom and shut the door. He stood outside and shouted that I was immature, punched the door and stomped out of the dressing room.

I poured the spaghetti into a pot and poured water into it.
' You should have said something to him ', Aya said sitting on the counter. I placed the pot on the gas and turned to face her.
' I would have broken down in front of him ', I said drinking water I had poured into a glass. ' I didn't want him to see me weak, and by the way I didn't know what to say ', I said I sat on the counter with her. ' I don't even know if I can sleep this night '. Aya looked at me and searched her bag, bringing out a roll of weed she swung it in my face.
' No Aya, I can't '. I said and stood up to add more water into the spaghetti.
' Come on Bells, just a little to relax your nerve '. Aya suggested and lit the roll. She took a puff and passed it to me. I was undecided for a few seconds before taking it from her.
Fubi had left for school leaving the entire house quiet. Aya and I laid on my bed smoking. It was Monday, we wouldn't be having a shift tonight. We smoked, talked and laugh. My room was made foggy by the smoke.
Aya kissed me lightly on the cheek, telling me I deserved better than Seun. I didn't know if the smile was as a result of the reaction from the weed. I was higher than Mt. Everest. She came closer and kissed me on the neck. I looked at her with surprise, but I was too high to react. She kissed me on the lips, and slowly moved than to my breast. The feelings I got from her tongue combined with the weed took me beyond the roof.
Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 8:39am On Nov 28, 2016
' What have I done '. I thought looking Aya's naked figure on the bed. I woke her up and asked her to leave. At first she thought I was joking because she just scoffed, turned and went back to sleep. I woke her again and asked her to leave, noticing I was serious, she got out of the bed dressed up and left, while I just sat there and looked.

I called Seun later in the day. After cheating on him with Aya, I felt really guilty and needed to make us come back again. He picked this time, I think giving him attitude humbled him. He said he'd come see me since he was still in PH, then we can talk. What just happened? I thought. Seun never makes plans, I was beginning to see things differently. Begging him raises his ego.

On friday night I took Fubi to the club, I had gone to his school first for their Christmas carol. They closed late so we came straight to the club. I left him with Chucks and went to dress up. Aya sat on her chair looking in the mirror and ignoring me. She had been ignoring me since Wednesday when our shift usually starts for the week. I needed her back on my good side, the club was too quiet without her. I walked to her side and called her name, she didn't turn around, she looked at me through the mirror.
' I'm so sorry about what I did, I was confused and needed to clear my head. I didn't know what I was doing '. I said apologizing. She stood up, apologizing too. She blamed it on the weed and asked if we could go back to being friends. 'That was easier than I thought'. I thought as we hugged. Everything was falling back in place. Seun and I were back again. He had told me that he only brought the girl to make me jealous because of how I abandoned him in Lagos when my uncle called. Now Aya too.

I was getting more catcalls and admirers these days. I noticed how men looked at me, cars stop all the time offering to drop me off. Even Mr Andrew looked at me in a different way. He gives me special attention from the other girls. I was enjoying the attention.
I walked towards the bar as I emptied my tray. I dragged the bottle of beer Fubi was drinking. ' Hey ', he said standing up.
' I thought we look at ID's here before we serve drinks ', I said to Chucks. He smiled and told me not to bother. He'll babysit him and makes sure he doesn't take more than one bottle. ' If a boy wants to his first beer, why not here?' he said and winked at me. I resignedly gave the beer back to Fubi who was grinning. Aya called me as I was waiting for Chucks to fill my tray. She wasn't alone, a man with big stomach and bald head was with her. ' I'll be back ', I said to Chucks tapping the counter and walked toward her. She introduced me to the man who looked like he was in his fifties as Danladi. His accent was spectacular as he took my hands in his and told me how beautiful I was. I looked at Aya, not worried like I would have been a few months ago, instead I was inquisitive and enjoying every bit of it. He invited me to a party, telling me Aya will be there as a way of convincing me. He said every word holding my hand in his the entire time. I looked at Aya who gave me a nod, before telling him I'd welcome his invite. I was smiling the entire time, and as I walked back to where Fubi sat to pick up my tray; I could tell there was something different about me, I confidence and boldness I didn't know I had was coming out of me.
Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 5:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
The grey coloured gown I wore hugged me tightly. Aya promised to pick me by 5:00pm, I didn't know how she was gonna do that and I didn't bother asking either. I came downstairs, my shoe making ' click clack ' sound on the tiled floor. Fubi sat on the couch watching something on TV. He looked at me and whistle, grinning. I sat next to him, leaning lightly on the cushion and crossed my leg.

We got to Mr. Danladi's house a few minutes to six. Aya had called me to come out, she came with a rented car, I didn't even know cars could be rented.

Mr. Danladi's house looked like a mansion. The high pillars were painted in beige, while the walls of the house was painted in white. Aya parked at a free spot close to other cars. I was beginning to loose the confidence I had a few seconds ago.
or
The inside of the house was even more magnificent than the outside. The chandelier at the middle of room was the biggest I've ever seen, it's looked royal. I stared briefly at it, not wanting to embarrass myself by looking naive. Mr Danladi walked up to us swiftly. Aya was all smiles as he took her hands in his, he has a way of making people feel better by just holding their hands. I stood there and watched them exchange pleasantries. Just like he noticed me, he turned around and took my hand in his and dragged me gently across the room. Aya had turned around to talk to some girl, when I turned to look at her. The dragged me to a group of men standing in a circle, conversing. They stopped talking and scanned me, mostly in a debauched manner. I smiled, a little bit nervously and took their hands as he introduced me. They all kind off looked the same, between their late forties and mid fifties, they all had pot belly, some bigger than others. Almost all of them tried to hit on me at the same time. I smiled at their theatrics and felt my confidence returning.

The quiet one among them held my hand and asked to be excused. I was surprised by this, since he's hardly said a word, he only smiled and drank from his glass. He was by far the most handsome among them. He had white beards like Mr Andrew, only his started from his hair and was neatly carved down. His belly big, though it didn't show like he works out. The other men hailed lightly as he directed outside.

' So Bells huh?" he asked, ' What kind of name is Bells?'. I smiled and clutched my purse tighter. ' Actually it's Belema '. He chuckled and kept quiet. I looked around, clearly trying to avoid his eyes. ' Here's my card ', he said handing a rectangular paper to me. ' Call me sometime '. I looked at the paper and read out Engineer Adeniyi M.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free African Online Magazine / MURDERER by the freelancer / Recommended Reading For Magic And The Occult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.