Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,188 members, 7,953,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:49 PM

The “born Again” Concept - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The “born Again” Concept (360 Views)

Born Again Lady, Sylvia Eguonor, Shares Before & After Photos / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / Letter To The Born Again Sisters From A Born Again Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The “born Again” Concept by yommyuk: 6:12am On Nov 22, 2016
Jesus told Nicodemus that he could not enter heaven unless he was born again and Nicodemus was very puzzled by those worlds. He said – “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?” – (Jn.3:4). To this day many people still have trouble understanding how that can be possible. I believe the butterfly can help them understand this better.

The butterfly’s life begins as a starving, crawling, ugly caterpillar-worm that hatched from an egg. Then the caterpillar enters the second stage – the dark cocoon or ‘death’ stage. The cocoon resembles a tomb or ‘coffin’ and signifies death and burial, for all men are sinners and will die. He spins the cocoon around himself and for several weeks appears quite lifeless and dead.

Then comes the third stage when the former caterpillar is totally transformed into a beautiful, flying butterfly in the heavens, no longer crawling on the ground as a worm. The cocoon breaks open, the gorgeous butterfly emerges, pumps up its wings, and flies in the heavens. It is a new creature, transformed and changed by the process of metamorphosis. The ugly caterpillar-worm has been miraculously changed into a beautiful butterfly by God’s wisdom of metamorphosis. He no longer is God’s caterpillar curse but has been born again into God’s blessing.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

2 Corinthians 3:18
And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

Psalm 51:10-12
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit.

1 John 3:2-3
Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional(mon. 28/11/2016) / Open Heaven Devotional 2016(thur. 08/12/2016) / Should A True Christian Or Muslim Participate In MMM Scheme?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.